Batman: Arkham Knight

If it turns out to be some online multiplayer shooterfest, no thanks. I'm done with online "games as services." Never again.

Got the former creative director for the Arkham games Dax Ginn in video interview with the electric play ground with victor Lucas below

hqdefault.jpg

From Arkham to Trials of Fire! - Electric Playground Interview

249 views 5 days ago Published on 07/07/2019
#games #TrialsOfFire #Batman Official EPN Merch is available at EPN.tv/Merch

Dax Ginn and Adam Doherty are video game veterans from Rocksteady Studios who helped make the Arkham Asylum games. Now they've founded a new studio called Whatboy Games, and their first project is the strategy fantasy game Trials of Fire!

Here's the Full show below

hqdefault.jpg

Electric Playground Live - Castlevania, Trials of Fire, Stranger Things! - July 5, 2019
861 views1 week ago Published on 07/06/2019

#TrialsOfFire #StrangerThings #Castlevania

Welcome to EP Live, where we bring you the latest in everything cool from the heart of downtown Vancouver at the VFS Cafe!

Today on the show, we speak with game makers Dax Ginn and Adam Doherty about their new strategy game Trials of Fire! We also whip up a review of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, play the new Stranger Things game, and more!

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Leaked concept art for a Damian Wayne Batman game that apparently got scrapped.

Last edited:
So...if that got scrapped, then what the hell are they working on?

Who is Damian Wayne anyway? idk, couldn't they tackle another dc character like Superman, Wonder Woman or Aquaman and give them their own game? That would be exciting than another Batman Arkham game.

Who is Damian Wayne anyway? idk, couldn't they tackle another dc character like Superman, Wonder Woman or Aquaman and give them their own game? That would be exciting than another Batman Arkham game.

He's a character created by Grant Morrison for his Batman run in the comics a few years ago.He's become a big enough name that he's appeared in a bunch of DC animated movies and was in the Injustice games.

I was one of the first who said "NO" to a Damian Wayne batman game taking place after knight...but reading and seeing those awesome concept arts...i was wrong.

That would have been so cool, loving the character concept arts.
I hope that the game they did instead is a court of owls game and that it will be revealed at gamescom...i need a new batman game now more than ever after seeing that stuff.

OK, so now we know all the games that got cancelled.
We still haven't got a clue what's actually in the works right now, except for Rocksteady working on a 'superhero creation game'...
What does that even mean? Would it be like that old 'Freedom Force' PC game or like 'X-Men Destiny', the X-Men game were you didn't play as any of the X-Men...
Those are the two games that come to mind...

Honestly, I don't see why we can't get a Superman game from either Rocksteady or Warner Games Montréal...
I can't believe Superman Returns was the last Superman game we got. It's like being stuck with.
It's like Batman fans being stuck with 'The Rise of Sin Tzu' or something... :(

Hey... Rise of Sin Tzu was a semi decent beat 'em up. It had a lot more going for it than Superman Returns.

But yeah, I so wish we could get a good Superman game on the level of Batman: Arkham or Insomniac's Spider-Man. Surely theres a great developer out there that wants to do right by Superman.

So am I understanding this correctly, the WB Montreal has had a Batman game cancelled but is still working on a Batman game? So perhaps this was more a rejected idea for the game as opposed to something that actually made it well into development?

The Rocksteady title's safe though right?

Hey... Rise of Sin Tzu was a semi decent beat 'em up. It had a lot more going for it than Superman Returns.

But yeah, I so wish we could get a good Superman game on the level of Batman: Arkham or Insomniac's Spider-Man. Surely theres a great developer out there that wants to do right by Superman.

Probably the closest we're going to get for a while & I think I read somewhere that it was made by a couple of students as a school project..

So am I understanding this correctly, the WB Montreal has had a Batman game cancelled but is still working on a Batman game? So perhaps this was more a rejected idea for the game as opposed to something that actually made it well into development?

Its unclear as hell, all rumors and stuff.
The only thing we know is that WBM is working on a game with the DC comics license, everything else sadly is rumors and stuff.

Rocksteady works on something, but there we also have no clue what.
Justice League was mentioned as rumor, suicide squad allegedly was picked up by them after WBM cancelled it, a Wonder Woman game, a Sequel to Arkham Knight.

The only thing we know for sure is that those two developers work on DC comic license games...but what, we have no real idea.

As expected, no reveal at Gamescom.
The Event goes for a few days but most developer threw out stuff the last few hours.
Its getting really annoying...if only those constant "leaks" and stuff would stop too.
It always jumpstarts your hopes, just to get knocked down again.

If it's true, Rocksteady making a "superhero creator" game already has the implications of GAAS type of thing.

We still have no idea what Rocksteady is actually doing.

Get ready people, WB Montreal has just yesterday posted a Job ad for a community manager.
That means things are moving...snails tempo but they are moving.
They get ready for something.

Now i dont want to get anybodys hopes up but you might have seen 25th being mentioned, the 10 year anniversary of Batman Arkham.
I dont think that we will get anything there, but we will get something "soon".

Arkham Asylum is 10 years old today. It was one the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. Going through the Asylum was mesmerizing. The detail Rocksteady put in to bring Batman's world to life was incredible and it laid the groundwork for it's sequels and for games like Insomniac's Spider-Man.

10 years, its hard to believe that its been this long.
I still remember when the first teaser hit, the first gameplay...god damn it was something else.
Till this day i never played a demo of a game more than Arkham Asylum...at least 500 times i gone through the same section of the demo.
I think i needed 5 months to finish the game because i was so very slow...not because it was hard or so, i just wanted to saviour every moment, i reloaded checkpoints for hours to do something different or to replay a combat or stealth section again and again.
I learned all the patterns, tried everything out.

The Intensive Treatment "map" is probably the one i could go through blindly thanks to the demo.
The challenge maps were so much fun...god damn i want to go back in time to the year it was released.

I really miss this, its been what now? 4 years since knight but i miss it all like its been really 10 years.
The hype, the fandom speculating and debating...i miss the looking for every easter egg and every corner to find something that hints towards the next game...i just miss it all.

Thats why the wait for what WBM does is so hard and why i have such high hopes.
I miss the hype and all for a batman game...some days i wish they would do it like Ubisoft with working on two batman games at the same time so that it never ends and we have a steady flow of new batman games.

It really was quite a ride. I wasn't so good at the combat at first, but once I understood, goddamn was every moment exhilarating. Then came the teaser for Arkham City that December, and the wait for more was unbearable.

I want muh new Batman game.

Ive gone through the series via walkthroughs during the 10 year anniversary and man do i miss them...i really want a new one.

The level of detail, the feeling...*sighs* its been too long.

And still, Origins is my favorite of them all.
Doesnt mean one of them is bad or so, just that Origins feels the most like batman to me.

The setting with the snow, the story of batman being hunted by villians and cops, the whole structure of it.
Stuff like crime scenes, stopping crimes, breaking into the gcpd, breaking into lacy towers to build up a crime scene, going into the batcave...there is just so much.
I love Origins the most, but they all have their fair share of making you feel like batman.

The best Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"