Batman & Batman Returns unreleased music on Elfman & Burton´s 25 Aniversary Box

ChocheTheHero

Civilian
Reaction score
For a glimpse behind the scenes of the creation of his music, Danny Elfman has reached into his archive to find rare, never-before-heard work tapes and score demos, including early drafts of his music for Batman, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, Big Fish, and Alice In Wonderland.

http://www.burtonelfman.com/

On December!

That's awesome. A must purchase.

They should do one for Spielberg and Williams as well!

Wow. So the price tag doesn't bother any of you. Cool.

With that said I already pre ordered this baby.

You guys know this is $499.99 plus tax and shipping and handling ? Right ?This is not a walk in the park to buy. A lot of Elfmanites want to pass on this b/c they felt that they're paying $500+ for cds they already own with bonus tracks, a pen drive with all the scores on it, a zoetrope, a dvd, and a book. So all that should really cost about $200-$300. But I still ordered it . I don't want to miss out on this.

Some of you must have money to burn :wow:

Ah geez, where did my mind find that $120 figure from?

Regardless, this cover rocks the MFing casbah:

cd3-full.jpg

Yeah. I saw this. I want it, but screw paying 500$ for it, they should do one for individual CDs' themselves, and this is coming from someone who is a DIE-HARD Elfman-fantatic, and pines for more music, especially unreleased.

Oh well. I still have the complete score coming from La-La Land :hrt:

Oh my holy good lord this is incredible. I can't wait to hear 'Hermannesque thing' from the expanded Batman soundtrack!

500 freaking Dollars!!!!!!!! :wow::wow:

I don't know what that is in sterling... but im guessing its still a hell of a lot. MAN, as a Major Burton/Elfman fan I would love to have this in my collection.

But im a student, low on funds and could never possibly buy it... guess im gonna have to let this one fly past me. :csad:

Yeah. I saw this. I want it, but screw paying 500$ for it, they should do one for individual CDs' themselves, and this is coming from someone who is a DIE-HARD Elfman-fantatic, and pines for more music, especially unreleased.

Oh well. I still have the complete score coming from La-La Land :hrt:

Same here.

Even in my hayday as a Batman collector I wouldnt pay that price for this.

Ah geez, where did my mind find that $120 figure from?

Regardless, this cover rocks the MFing casbah:

cd3-full.jpg

That pastel painting as well as many other Batman drawings and concept artwork are featured in Tim Burton's art book that was released last year.

Warner Bros Records has sent the following letter out to those who have pre-ordered the Limited, Numbered Collector's Edition of THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX:
Thank you for your order of "THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX"
Due to the elaborate workmanship required in creating this unique treasure box our manufacturer will not be able to deliver until February. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
In appreciation of your order, Warner Bros Records is pleased to let you know that we will be sending you a very special HOLIDAY GIFT:
THE DANNY ELFMAN & TIM BURTON 25TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC BOX
COLLECTOR'S EDITION
BONUS DISC
Created EXCLUSIVELY for the now sold-out Numbered, Limited Collector's Edition of 1000, this BONUS DISC will feature special musical content. Only those who already purchased the COLLECTOR'S EDITION will receive this rare 17th Disc as an addition to the set's 16 CD collection.
To make your holidays even brighter, this bonus gift disc will be AUTOGRAPHED BY DANNY ELFMAN!
Thank you again for your support and patience.
ElfmanBurton.com
According to Richard Kraft

This was my reaction when I found out about this Box set being delayed in February.
[YT]C7dlwseXVn0?[/YT]

This is my reaction to the bonus disc with Elfman's autograph.
[YT]o_s6NP5QpMY?[/YT]

Last edited:
[YT]iGuhZHyw2aQ?fs[/YT]
I already knew about most of that info that Elfman brings up. But man I want this box right now. It's funny now that this box celebrates Burton and Elfman's 25 year partnership. Afterall the box will officially be released next February. So it'll actually be celebrating the 26th anniversary of their collaboration. Oh well. This would've made a nice Christmas present.

I got the LLR Batman Returns set today.

I fell in love with it...again :hrt:

Ugh, little did I know that the price would be $400.00 when I saw this a few months ago. I think I'll go with La La Land!

So, has WB released any samples of all these "rare" music. They keep releasing the interviews, which is great, but I wanna hear some music!

[YT]6RX-slwtTrU&feature=fvsr[/YT]

I've heard this story countless times. Still nice. The music playing in the background sounds like it could be from the box. Pee Wee sounds different than the original album and that Nightmare cue that was playing wasn't on the original albums either.

A few more weeks until it's finally released. They might as well call it the 26th anniversary music box b/c of it's delay.

Last edited:
Someone posted this on the forum section on Elfman's website. Thought I might share it here rather you purchase this or not. Suppose to be shipping the first pressing this month. I can't wait.

[YT]vTzZQVypyDc[/YT]

Last edited:
500 freaking Dollars!!!!!!!! :wow::wow:

I don't know what that is in sterling... but im guessing its still a hell of a lot. MAN, as a Major Burton/Elfman fan I would love to have this in my collection.

But im a student, low on funds and could never possibly buy it... guess im gonna have to let this one fly past me. :csad:

Check your msg's... just sent you a PM about some Batman CDs :woot:

I know this might be old to some, b/c they (WBR) sent e-mails 2 1/2 weeks ago that this will be coming out or shipping in April. We'll see. Next month they'll probably tell us they pushed the date to June. I just hope that I'm still alive by the time this gets released. I ordered this thing in October.

I want this pretty bad but would never spend that much on it oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"