My Batman Returns review

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda_eater

Civilian
Reaction score
Tim Burton's "The Penguin" (1992)

Batman Returns is widely considered by critics, the AFI institute and Roger Ebert as the greatest film of all time beating out Unforgiven for Best Picture at the 1992 academy awards and earning Tim Burton and Danny De Vito oscars for directing and acting. It's definetely my favorite film.

De Vito completely immerses himself into his role as the Penguin and was the inspiration for Heath Ledger's own amazing immersion into the role of the Joker 16 years later.

Returns isn't really a batman film at all... "Tim Burton's The Penguin" would have been a more fitting title. Strangely Michelle Pheiffer isn't really hot even in catwoman's skintight leather outfit. I think Angelina Jolie would play a hotter catwoman in the next Christopher Nolan Batman.

Batman Returns is my life. I've seen the film probably hundreds, maybe over a thousand times. And I watch it every morning smokin' my $4 Gold Coasts and sippin' my $2 Rocking Chair. I even talk about the film every week with my counselor for an hour. She's drop dead goregeous and she's beeen encouraging me to develop social and life skills at a social rehabilitation center. **** her. I'll stick with Tim Burton's masterpiece.

Danny Elfman's haunting score is beautiful and sublime. When I first watched the opening credits at a sold out theater and the music gently built up and reached a crescendo when the film's title came onscreen it was the single greatest moment of my life.

Eighteen years later the film still lives in my heart and soul and if I ever have a child I will name him Oswald. Sometimes I struggle with suicide so that I can finally arrive at the steps of the Penguin's lair and bathe in the chilly raw sewage with his majestic emperor penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"