Batman Begins Batman Begins, the greatest superhero origin story in the history of fiction...

by far

the city felt like its own character, something that should be the case in all Batman movies.

I really liked that. It just everything seem more valid and "real". Too bad we lost that in later films.

Yeah, I'm with you guys- best Batman film.
It would probably be me favorite film of all time, but there are some absolutely trivial things that nag at me that I still can't get over...

'Falconey' instead of 'Falcone'

I would have flipped if we could have seen young Barbara Gordon peeking out of the kitchen window instead of seeing baby James Jr. (ugh) in his high chair.

And while I loved the speculative 'reality' of the tech, I wish they had had just a bit more fun with comic-booky Bat imagery. The entire production design seemed to be a determined rejection of the over-the-top imagery of 'Batman Forever and Robin', maybe just a bit to its detriment. It seems to make 'Begins' a little less the definitive celebration of the character and more an intellectual examination and representation. Which really isn't a bad thing, just maybe not what I'd dream of as my ultimate Batman film experience.

But still, a great and glorious film.
My favorite Batman movie

Whilst overall I rank The Dark Knight above it nevertheless Batman Begins is a great film. After having experienced the dismal Batman & Robin at the cinema I wasn't sure I'd ever pay to see a Batman film again (and I'd been a fan for decades) but I took a chance on Batman Begins and boy was I glad I did. It really blew me away. Truly fantastic.

Rewatched this for the first time in quite a few years after posting on this thread. Still absolutely ******* marvellous.

Rewatched this again tonight (forgot just how much I loved this film) and one thing struck me...

In the scene where Batman and Gordon have brought Rachel down to the alley to get her an antidote for Scarecrow's fear-gas Gordon says he'll get a car and Batman replies "I brought mine". Batman then drives off with Rachel in the Tumbler, partially flattening a police cruiser - with crew inside. What does Gordon do? Stands there, looks on whistfully and says to himself "I've gotta get me one of those!". There's no immediate run to the cruiser to see if the crew are okay, just the comment and the look. Now no complaints from me here - I like the scene - but the thought did cross my mind that if it had been a Zack Snyder film there would have been a ton of comments along the lines of "There's no way Gordon would would just have stood and said that! He'd have run straight up to check if the crew were okay!" and "Snyder just doesn't get Jim Gordon". Or maybe all those years on IMDb just made me cynical. :cwink:

Last edited:
Well, there's an immediate cut to those guys in the car to show they're still alive. And though the Nolan films have been so touted as "realistic" there is a level of heightened romanticism you have to accept.

Well, there's an immediate cut to those guys in the car to show they're still alive. And though the Nolan films have been so touted as "realistic" there is a level of heightened romanticism you have to accept.

No, I get that we know they're okay :up:

Batman Begins BTAS style (credit to @lj.artkham)

gmmfwcjpese51.jpg

1wc02ykpese51.jpg

m9csbnmpese51.jpg

mvxuznnpese51.jpg

15vqb3ppese51.jpg

Wow, that's literally the best thing I've seen all day!

Watched it again last night. The ending on the rooftop still gets me, pure Batman. Am I the only one who gets slightly bummed out that we get the tease of the Manor being rebuilt, batcave renovations etc knowing that we end up barely ever seeing it again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"