The Dark Knight Official Critics Reviews of TDK

A negative review

The Dark Knight = A Negative Batman Review? WTF?!
http://www.dylonwhyte.com/2008/07/the_dark_knight_a_negative_bat.html

At some point he says

Everyone familiar with Moore's original as well as Snyder's past films can see what this film will most surely be.

That guys an idiot. Half of his comments suggest he wasn't paying attention to the film at all.

And his alternate ending sucks. What movie ends on a cliffhanger deciding the fate of it's villain with a "mysterious gunshot"?

That guys an idiot. Half of his comments suggest he wasn't paying attention to the film at all.

And his alternate ending sucks. What movie ends on a cliffhanger deciding the fate of it's villain with a "mysterious gunshot"?

Well, that's fair, because I didn't pay ANY "attention" to his ludicrous comments. Hope it doesn't end up on Rotten though, as it's more like a blog.

Robert Downey, Jr.
My whole thing is that that I saw "The Dark Knight". I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, "That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie." I loved "The Prestige" but didn't understand "The Dark Knight". Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, "I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie." You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

I agree with Anita18 in saying that particular review was pretty cool. In fact, I initially thought that page directly linked above was the entire review and enjoyed it nonetheless. I was pleasantly surprised to find the previous two pages referenced in the sidebar and eventually found my way to his blog entry with accompanying comments from faithful patrons of his site.

Yeah he needs to go do another line of coke....so he won't be so bitter! :joker:
He said he understood the Prestige but not this:huh: That movie had more plot twists than any movie out in the last few years.

yea i loved the prestige but that has to be the most twisty film i've ever seen. se7en and the usual suspects have great big twists at the end, but the prestige was just a series of twists and turns. brilliant though! :)

how dare you say such a thing!!!! you are completly wrong!!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

lol only joshing!!!! ;)

John Scott Lewinski, Wired.com
Until Batman returned to screens, Iron Man was the breakaway smash hit of the summer, and Downey's strong performance was earning awards buzz. But, The Dark Knight had too much game for Iron Man, pushing the latter to "successful also-ran status." And, the late Heath Ledger's Joker will be the most talked about performance coming out of the summer movie season -- with Downey's Tony Stark taking home honorable mention.

Even encased in an armed battle suit of ion-bonded titanium/gold alloy, actors still have delicate egos.

ok what is it with people going around stating how something should be done when they clearly have no grasp of the source material. It is ridiculous! Its nothing new but it never fails to amaze me when i see it.

Some kid got a letter published in The daily mail last week, he even got his smug grinning photo printed in as well, like he's someone bloody important. It was just a rant saying that he is a huge fan of batman beacuse he has seen all the other movies,the filmmkakers have ruined the joker character and got him completely wrong. Since when has joker used a knife? he should have a gun with a flag on it that says bang. Everyone knows joker fell into a vat of chemicals. And joker used to be funny and now he likes scaring people with his knife, please!

And the "please" was used in his article.
Seriously what gives people to right to say they adapted this wrong, if you havnt done the research how the hell do you expect to validate your opinions

people like that crave attention. even us talking about and dissing them will make them seem more important. we are better off ignoring them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/aug/18/actionandadventure.christianbale

Commentary on many pre-conceived notions that Batman is merely an action hero and nothing more. I thought people would learn.:csad:

Go watch Speed then ya moron! Id rather someone just come out and say - 'I dont like it because of this' etc etc. But this guys argument is so pathetic and weak and its taken him about a month to come up with something he can nitpick about.

Truly pathetic, there's a god awful X-files movie out there somewhere and he chooses to bash TDK to show us, the mere mortals that we have failed to notice the obvious flaw with TDK is that despite successfully taking comic book hero films to whole other level of artistry, depth, richness and craft, its major fault is in its very attempt to do so! TW@T

Not sure if everyone cares anymore but a new positive review was posted to RT putting it at 239 postives to 14 negatives.

Two more postives and it's going to be at 95%. :woot:

Not sure if everyone cares anymore but a new positive review was posted to RT putting it at 239 postives to 14 negatives.

Two more postives and it's going to be at 95%. :woot:

Of course we care!
Come on, who's left to submit a positive review, damn it!
Come on 95%!

Why not 96, 97, 98%..... it doesn't matter, most people like it and the BO records are there, no need to have a fixation about it, is just superficial and immature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"