Batman Begins 'Batman came and went' - Avi Arad

Pickle-El

Superhero
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have listened to the Avi Arad interview (just a day or two ago) He takes some nice swipes at Batman (How Spiderman made more in 10 days than BB will..), Superman, Goyer, and DC in general.....check it out. (Funny how he neglects to say how good of a 'movie' BB was though...jagoff)

http://www.iesb.net/videointerviews/aviaradclip4int.php

And PLEASE don't say I'm starting anything....I didn't say these things, Avi did. I just thought you guys would like to know.

if he wants to think in terms of money, let him....to me, batman begins was better than spider-man could ever be.

Pickle-El said:
Not sure if you guys have listened to the Avi Arad interview (just a day or two ago) He takes some nice swipes at Batman (How Spiderman made more in 10 days than BB will..), Superman, Goyer, and DC in general.....check it out. (Funny how he neglects to say how good of a 'movie' BB was though...jagoff)

And PLEASE don't say I'm starting anything....I didn't say these things, Avi did. I just thought you guys would like to know.
I love Spider-Man and Batman Begins but that's just pathetic. Batman Begins is the kind of movie Marvel wished Hulk was.

Aside from Spider-man, Spider-man 2, and X-2, Batman Begins is going to make more money than anything Avi Arad was ever involved with.

Pickle-El said:

this just goes to show how stupidly narrow minded and greedy Avi is....as i have been saying all along! The only good Marvel films he has produced has been X-2 and the Spidey films ......the rest have sucked major balls....and i'm thinking F4 will not be a good film either. Avi is a greedy idiot! And doesn't it seem like he always does this damn Marvel upcoming slate announcements like every other freakin month?? It's like shut the hell up already.....he is so freakin annoying!

akut401 said:
if he wants to think in terms of money, let him....to me, batman begins was better than spider-man could ever be.

exactly!

Don't worry, unless this turns into mud flinging, Arad deserves flack for this type of crap. This man is same the guy responsible for oversaturating the market with comic films. I makes me more weary of doing anymore business with Marvel films in the future.

akut401 said:

Well said

TheBeastWithin said:
I love Spider-Man and Batman Begins but that's just pathetic. Batman Begins is the kind of movie Marvel wished Hulk was.

Yeah, I watched that interview. And I agree that comparing Batman to Spider-man is a ridiculous comparison:

1) No way in hell Avi Arad predicted that Spider-man would gross over 400 million. To act holier than thou about it now, as if Spider-man was just a given to make that much, comes off to me in a very bad light. 400 million is a one in a thousand type of film, and no film coming out is ever thought of in advance to make that much... it's just unrealistic.

2) Comparing Spider-man (Marvel's, undisputed, most popular character) to Batman (DC's, arguably, most popular character) as movies go is not a 1 to 1 comparison. On the one hand you had a character who'd never had a film before in his 30+ year history. With Batman, you had a character who had 4 films in 8 years recently, with the last one, only 8 years ago, being one of the worst films of ALL TIME.

3) This isn't Ari's fault, but you have WB/DC not communicating properly to the general public that Batman is a complete reset of the franchise. I can't tell you the number of people I've heard describe this as a "prequel". It's infuriating.

Honestly, Spider-man and Shrek 2 might be a couple of the last films to gross that much in a theatrical run. I mean, if Revenge of the Sith can't do it, that's scary. The theater institution is in trouble due to the directions in which it's pushed itself the past ten year (higher and higher budgets, faster releases, more movies, less time in the theater... worse quality)... we will never again have a film like Titanic. Titanic made 600+ million thanks to teenage girls obsessed with Leonardo Dicaprio. Three girls I know EACH saw Titanic TWELVE times in the theater during its run. If Titanic came out today, besides the fact that the DVD would be out 5 months later, most of those girls would get a "good enough" bootleg off the internet (not saying it's acceptable) and gotten their fix that way.

akut401 said:

Here, here!

Everyone knows Arad is an *******. I as a Marvel fan knows he is an *******. I appreciate what he did with the first two X-Men movies and the Spider-Man franchise but that is it.

He and Foster got together and butchered Daredevil to make it more "fun and kid-friendly." He helped market Hulk as a fun action movie (Hulk wasn't that good anyways, but it is always bad business to be untruthful), he sold Elektra out to a quick cash-in spin-off and then stabbed it and Bowman and Garner (who when he talked about beforehand came off as a sick old man pervert) in the back.

He then said "It will never happen again" even though he and Fox within a 6 month time frame ****ed X-Men up the ass. Not only did he help lose Singer, as a spiteful son of a ***** he and Fox rushed X3 without a director or script to beat SR to theaters. The result is several talented directors turning down the effort for "there wasn't enough time" and a shotty script that rehashed X2 while runing the Pheonex Saga nad killing off Xavier and Cyclops while making Halle Berry the lead was accepted and Brett "I was fired from Superman and made After the Sunset" Ratner was hired.

Believe me, we Marvel fans know Arad is full of ****. He just got lucky when he put Singer in charge of X-Men (and then he and Rothman unintentionally ran him off) and Sam Raimi with Spider-Man. It is the Sony producers and Sam Raimi that makes those such a success, Arad is just along for the ride.

So **** Arad.

And he is saying this for Fantastic Four, which yes could make more than BB, but not much, however if bad (and with Tim "I directed Taxi" Story at the helm and Doom ****ed up this is a very likely scernio with a 50/50 split right now, and the trailers really don't make it look very deep either) it will bomb and be the beginning of the end of Marvel films save for Spider-Man.

So **** Arad.

Had to get that off my chest.

Imo Avi Arad is an arrogant. I will happy if FF will bomb :joker:

Paradoxium said:
Don't worry, unless this turns into mud flinging, Arad deserves flack for this type of crap. This man is same the guy responsible for oversaturating the market with comic films. I makes me more weary of doing anymore business with Marvel films in the future.

exactly....he has become a greedy marvel idiot tool! Avi Arad sucks!

oh and the X-2 film and the Spidey films were not run by him completely.....those films were Singers and Raimis creations.....not dumb ass Avi's. He has become a joke! :joker:

Arad is more concerned with selling action figures than making decent movies.

2) Comparing Spider-man (Marvel's, undisputed, most popular character) to Batman (DC's, arguably, most popular character) as movies go is not a 1 to 1 comparison. On the one hand you had a character who'd never had a film before in his 30+ year history. With Batman, you had a character who had 4 films in 8 years recently, with the last one, only 8 years ago, being one of the worst films of ALL TIME. (quote)

thats exactly.....the big difference that Avi Arad doesn't want to think about does he??? He has no credibility...and he is a freakin idiotic tool!

Haha, that's pretty sad, this isn't rap, he's dissing WB and BB for no reason. I guess he's jealous that BB is a better movie than any of his Marvel movies. What's funny is, if DC offered him more money to head DC movies, he would leave in a second. He deserves F4 to flop for those comments, that would be hilarious.

lol

childish

Haven't heard Chris Nolan talking like that.

DACrowe said:
Everyone knows Arad is an *******. I as a Marvel fan knows he is an *******. I appreciate what he did with the first two X-Men movies and the Spider-Man franchise but that is it.

He and Foster got together and butchered Daredevil to make it more "fun and kid-friendly." He helped market Hulk as a fun action movie (Hulk wasn't that good anyways, but it is always bad business to be untruthful), he sold Elektra out to a quick cash-in spin-off and then stabbed it and Bowman and Garner (who when he talked about beforehand came off as a sick old man pervert) in the back.

He then said "It will never happen again" even though he and Fox within a 6 month time frame ****ed X-Men up the ass. Not only did he help lose Singer, as a spiteful son of a ***** he and Fox rushed X3 without a director or script to beat SR to theaters. The result is several talented directors turning down the effort for "there wasn't enough time" and a shotty script that rehashed X2 while runing the Pheonex Saga nad killing off Xavier and Cyclops while making Halle Berry the lead was accepted and Brett "I was fired from Superman and made After the Sunset" Ratner was hired.

Believe me, we Marvel fans know Arad is full of ****. He just got lucky when he put Singer in charge of X-Men (and then he and Rothman unintentionally ran him off) and Sam Raimi with Spider-Man. It is the Sony producers and Sam Raimi that makes those such a success, Arad is just along for the ride.

So **** Arad.

And he is saying this for Fantastic Four, which yes could make more than BB, but not much, however if bad (and with Tim "I directed Taxi" Story at the helm and Doom ****ed up this is a very likely scernio with a 50/50 split right now, and the trailers really don't make it look very deep either) it will bomb and be the beginning of the end of Marvel films save for Spider-Man.

So **** Arad.

Had to get that off my chest.
very informative..

i'm staying away from F4 as long as possible......because

1. i have never been a big F4 fan......

2. the movie doesn't look like it will be good.....

3. because it is my way of saying "screw you"! to Arad..... :joker:

Batman2005 said:
lol

childish

Haven't heard Chris Nolan talking like that.

And you won't. He probably won't even respond. Goyer most likely will though.

akut401 said:

Preach, brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"