Batman Begins 'Batman came and went' - Avi Arad

Am I talkin' to a couple of Batman fans here? If so, seriously, grow up. I can't believe after a full year alot of you are still fighting over this. I'm glad we have the people who can act mature and like both movies. You people (everyone) sound like idiots when fighting over which was better. Both Fantastic Four fans and Batman fans. It's like even if you liked Fantastic Four, you'll never admit it. Even if you liked Batman, you'll never admit it.

I can't understand why some people treat Fantastic Four like the worst comic movie ever when there is clearly so many of them. Fantastic Four is more up there with the better ones. Like I said, THEY BOTH had their problems. There were things about Batman that I didn't like.

For example: Scarecrow. I think he's a cool villain and I did begin to like the big costume change for the movie, but I thought he was kind of a wimp. I wish he was a little more scary and dangerous. Not "Spray Crap Out of My Hands-Man." Don't get me wrong, he had his cool moments but it would be kind of cool if he hit people or fought or whatever. His possibilities were great but they didn't use them all that well.

Fantastic Four had a few things I was dissapointed in.

For example: Dr. Doom. I thought the costume, the actor choice, and the acting were great. I would like a more comic-like costume in the sequel though. Actually, a more comic-like Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom was a little screwed up. Turning him into Norman Osborn was a bad move. I liked his little storyline in the movie relating to that but they should have went with the comics version or something else. Doom had his violent lines but he needed more. I wish he was in the movie for a bit longer than 15 minutes or whatever. I thought the whole fight scene was pretty cool.

So you guys really need to grow up, get over it and stop hating on people who liked a movie you probably didn't like.
I have my own opinion, I'm allowed to state it.

Get it?

Dude, Fantastic Four was garbage. I'm not saying this because I loved Batman Begins. I'm saying this because the film was that bad. Of course, for me, Spiderman 2 is almost pretty much tied with Batman Begins and Donner's Superman as the best superhero movie of all time and I'm quite fond of Singer's X-men films as well. The only one here who needs a much-needed reality check is you if you still think the flak Fantastic Four recieved was only from Batman fans and that too because of some petty year old rivalry.

Really, why not make a thread in Misc. Films forums and check out how many people on this board thought Fantastic Four was crap and nothing more an dumb, entertaining diversion at best. It's just the way the film was. Batman's got nothing to do with it. :dry:

I wasnt even talking about Fantastic Four as a comic book fan.
Eventhough I am a fan of the comics, just as a movie, it was only worth watching once.

7Hells said:
It must take some super strong nostalgia for someone to believe Fantastic4 was a good movie.

i think that all the arguing over the spidey movies and batman is just opinion and taste. they were all well made films but FANTASTIC FOUR was not a very well made movie. im not saying it wasnt enjoyable for fans of FF but it was just poorly made from a cinematic standpoint. same goes for x3. it was enjoyable and entertaining enough but very poorly made. the level of craftsmanship was just sub par.

deathfromabove said:
i think that all the arguing over the spidey movies and batman is just opinion and taste. they were all well made films but FANTASTIC FOUR was not a very well made movie. im not saying it wasnt enjoyable for fans of FF but it was just poorly made from a cinematic standpoint. same goes for x3. it was enjoyable and entertaining enough but very poorly made. the level of craftsmanship was just sub par.
Exactly, I totally agree.
I loved Spider-Man 1&2(as much as I loved BB) and X-men 1&2 a little less but theres only a small difference. SR as a superman movie about superman movies was good as well.
F4 was just uninspired as a movie.

Can someone repost the link to the vid, the one on the first page expired?

tmeader said:
Titanic made 600+ million thanks to teenage girls obsessed with Leonardo Dicaprio. Three girls I know EACH saw Titanic TWELVE times in the theater during its run.

Titanic appealed to all age groups, that's why it made so much. Sure, teenage girls saw it repeatedly, but so did the elderly (and that's a demographic very few movies reach), the parents, everybody. Titanic did phenominal repeat business.

Pffft.....Arad is one funny dude. Kinda like the oldman who pisses himself in public...all we can all do is laugh at him.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Pffft.....Arad is one funny dude. Kinda like the oldman who pisses himself in public...all we can all do is laugh at him.

And what if that old man is your grandfather? :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"