Batman Elimination Game Suggestion Box

also - how about an elimnation game for actors in the Bat movie franchise? Nicholson v. Sir Michael Caine would be a good match IMO.

StorminNorman said:
also - how about an elimnation game for actors in the Bat movie franchise? Nicholson v. Sir Michael Caine would be a good match IMO.

Well we already did Bat villains from the movies....I know that is general actors from the movies but still.

He's talking about the actors, not the characters they portrayed.

trustyside-kick said:
Well we already did Bat villains from the movies....I know that is general actors from the movies but still.

Yea, I went back on this thread and saw all that, however this one would still be different because the actors that played non-villian characters would get a run too.

StorminNorman said:
Yea, I went back on this thread and saw all that, however this one would still be different because the actors that played non-villian characters would get a run too.

Eh, I think Best BTAS/TNBAS episodes would be best. Mister J said he would include a synopis for each one on the first post for those who forgot. I got the volumes for reference to jog my memory.

BatScot said:
Has Batmobiles been done?

That was round 11 I believe; the longest round ever bearly topping the Graphic Novels. Both never ended.

Previous rounds are listed in the first post.

I'm likely to do the Graphic Novels cause it'll be a (comparitively) short round. That'll allow some time to fine tune the other lists and also help set up the first Elimination round.

Mister J said:
Previous rounds are listed in the first post.

I'm likely to do the Graphic Novels cause it'll be a (comparitively) short round. That'll allow some time to fine tune the other lists and also help set up the first Elimination round.

Makes sense...cause I mean there are a lot of BTAS/TNBAS episodes in general lol.

trustyside-kick said:
That was round 11 I believe; the longest round ever bearly topping the Graphic Novels. Both never ended.

The live action villains is actually the longest.

Spidey-Bat said:
The live action villains is actually the longest.

I stand corrected. I was not completely sure...so it goes 12th, 11th, and what...3rd? For the top 3 longest rounds.

I wanted to check the 11th round to be sure but my User CP wouldn't allow me to go far back enough on my posts lol. :O

If you want to pull up the past threads, just go to the Bat-World front page and click on the 'Replies' column. Most of the Elimination Games are near the top because of the large number of posts in those respective threads.

Mister J said:
If you want to pull up the past threads, just go to the Bat-World front page and click on the 'Replies' column. Most of the Elimination Games are near the top because of the large number of posts in those respective threads.

??? I tried that and it doesn't do anything but sort the list in reply size. Still doesn't go back far enough for me to see past Round 12. Unless I am doing something wrong?

I just tried the Search though and typed Round 11 and got all the way back to Round 8. I tried search for any past 8 but it didn't find.

How about Gotham City locations? Wayne Manor, Arkham, Crime Alley, GCPD, etc.

BatScot said:

Heh, that reminds me...recently I got the Monopoly version of Batman at Six Flags (it was a must buy). Not all of the locations are real in the comics (some had to me made up of course) though. :O

How about Hype members who participate in these games? There are a couple of people I'd like to knock out early.

J/K, of course. :)

trustyside-kick said:
??? I tried that and it doesn't do anything but sort the list in reply size. Still doesn't go back far enough for me to see past Round 12. Unless I am doing something wrong?

I just tried the Search though and typed Round 11 and got all the way back to Round 8. I tried search for any past 8 but it didn't find.
That's strange. When I sort the Bat-World front page by replies, all 13 rounds are listed on the first page. If you still want to find the old rounds, you could go to Doc Ock's profile and look at the threads he's started.

BatScot said:
That's actually not bad.

Search for threads created by Doc Ock in the Bat-World section. That should bring up all but 13.

I like the TAS episodes with a small synopsis! But also, how about "Best/Favorite Batman Crossover" or "Best Crossover Appearance in a Bat book"?

How about best Batman logo? Or does that tie-in too closely with best costume?

Thanks for the idea Mister J and Spidey-Bat about checking threads made by Doc Ock. I went through and here were the winners of each of the 13 games with the category names included:

Round 1 (Villains)- The Joker
Round 2 (Supporting Characters)- Cassandra Cain
Round 3 (Graphic Novels)- The Long Halloween
Round 4 (Batman interpretations)- BTAS
Round 5 (Batman costumes)- Batman Begins
Round 6 (Batman on screen)- BTAS
Round 7 (Villains Part 2)- Lady Shiva
Round 8 (BTAS Villains)- The Joker
Round 9 (Batman writers)- Denny O'Neil
Round 10 (Women of Batman)- Harley Quinn
Round 11 (Batman's Batmobiles)- BTAS
Round 12 (Live action Batman villains)- Liam Neeson
Round 13 (Batman artists)- Tim Sale

Perhaps we could play a round for which round was the best? Either based just from the category of the round or based from the outcome. What you guys think?

I love the idea for best BTAS episodes but here is just another future option. :)

I'm thinking to do an Elimination Round of top finishers first. Something short; just 10-12 choices just to see how it goes. It'll be up sometime tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"