Batman: Gotham by Gaslight DC Animated movie

saw it ... LOVED it!!!

Twist was INSANE!!

WISH We get Superman Red Son NEXT!

Its up there NEXT to Red Hood.. Year One and TDKR!

A FRESH and welcome break from the bland yet sometimes entertaining New 52 animated verse.

I was pumped all thru out! Last I FELT Like THIS was since FLASHPOINT!

It was THAT Good!!

Last edited:
That’s good to hear. I can’t wait to see it.

Awesome news Gotham by Gaslight is one of my favourite else world Batman stories.

Im praying for them to do Hush

Awesome news Gotham by Gaslight is one of my favourite else world Batman stories.

I want a 2 Parter HUSH w/ Bruce Greenwood as the voice of BATMAN!

His voice is The BATMAN! IF ever Conroy retires.. I'd LOVE for Him to take over

I actually rather see them do an original story, instead of doing these comic adaptations. But I know they're doing another Death of Superman, which I would assume is going to be more accurate than the last Superman/Doomsday movie. So we got that coming.

If they do another Elseworld, it would be cool to see Red Rain.

Seeing this movie just makes me wish we get a full length Fleischer Superman style movie.

saw it ... LOVED it!!!

Twist was INSANE!!

WISH We get Superman Red Son NEXT!

Its up there NEXT to Red Hood.. Year One and TDKR!

A FRESH and welcome break from the bland yet sometimes entertaining New 52 animated verse.

I was pumped all thru out! Last I FELT Like THIS was since FLASHPOINT!

It was THAT Good!!
Dang, we need a like button around here...

But yeah, this was a very good movie, that feels like a melding of the original story into those Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper films (especially a scene involving acid) and, oddly enough, Mask of the Phantasm.

Arguably this film has the best use of Selina Kyle in animation for quite some time.

But yeah, this was a very good movie, that feels like a melding of the original story into those Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper films (especially a scene involving acid) and, oddly enough, Mask of the Phantasm.

Definitely piqued my interest :up:

Just saw this. The best animated Bat film since The Batman Vs. Dracula. It's exceedingly well-paced and animated. Thoughtfully written, expanded greatly and altered a fair bit from the original book--but done well this time, as opposed to some others. Moody, at-times atmospheric and overall just a very pleasant surprise. A reference to the 1989 film within the first five minutes is the cherry on-top.

Can't wait to go and buy it.

Last edited:
Just saw this. The best animated Bat film since The Batman Vs. Dracula. It's exceedingly well-paced and animated. Thoughtfully written, expanded greatly and altered a fair bit from the original book--but done well this time, as opposed to some others. Moody, at-times atmospheric and just overall just a very pleasant surprise. A reference to the 1989 film within the first five minutes is the cherry on-top.

Can't wait to go and buy it.

This just sounds better and better!

Just saw this, and I thought it was the best they've done since DKR. I can imagine the change to the twist being somewhat controversial, but I personally found it more interesting than the one in the comic. The voice cast was also perfection. :up:

Saw it last night. Very nice, dark Batman story. The twist was a surprise. :up:

Very surprised by how good this was to be honest. This might be my favorite version of Selina Kyle, she reminded me of Eva Green.

It's been a while since I enjoyed a DCAU movie so much!

I never thought I would enjoy an AU story and yet.

Hush is a good idea.

Just finished watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bruce Greenwood is a great Batman (for me every bit as good as Kevin Conroy - I've thought so ever since I first saw Under the Red Hood). Voice cast overall did really well (loved Anthony Head as Alfred - hope he does more!). As someone above mentioned, nice callback to Batman '89 in the first few minutes. Quite a few Sherlock Holmes references too. Money well spent :up:

8/10

I'm not even sure budget is the problem, everything is just filtered into the most generic character models and animation. The Animated Series version of Dark Knight Returns has real personality and at least tries to capture some of the feeling of Miller's art. Compare to the DTV version which just feels so... sterile.

[YT]Xxcp-hJJfi4[/YT]
[YT]dRYGfKUEyfM[/YT]

Interesting seeing those side by side. Thanks for posting.

I want a 2 Parter HUSH w/ Bruce Greenwood as the voice of BATMAN!

His voice is The BATMAN! IF ever Conroy retires.. I'd LOVE for Him to take over

Second this :up:

It was enjoyable, but I wish they would have gotten more creative with the art style.

What's the consensus on the reveal? I thought it was less obvious than the one in the book. I've seen people complain that it [BLACKOUT]****s all over a legacy character[/BLACKOUT] but I didn't have a problem with that - it's 'Elseworlds'. I'll admit though I did have a hard time believing that [BLACKOUT]a prizefighter would be able to give Batman such a hard time[/blackout]. Still, the fighting choreography was excellent. It's really come on in these animated movies.

I liked the movie, didn't love it. The twist is fascinating in some ways, but it also left some questions.

I really enjoyed it. It's not a direct adaptation, but they were able to do some interesting things with the plot. Bruce Greenwood was great and I hope he's back for good. Sorry to Jason O'Mara, but Bruce Greenwood IS the replacement to Conroy. And while I'm at it, please let Jim Krieg write more animated movies. He understands DC.

Also, if they're continuing with more Elserworld tales, I hope they do Gotham Noir next.

8nKcbHn.jpg

s2qserX.jpg

^Been thinking that way since Under the Red Hood was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"