Batman III: The Untold Story That Takes Place After Returns

Mister Meddle

The Barber of Seville
Reaction score
2m5kxat.jpg

While I'm providing the artwork for Batman By Night, I will be doing a separate e-graphic novel [on my own]. Forget everything you know about Batman Forever, this is the real story that takes place after Batman Returns. The faces of the actors will be drawn on the characters that they're supposed to be playing. Pieces of the story are picked up from rumored ideas from Batman Returns and it's possible sequel. Characters and events will be modified to fit in this approach of the Batman story, otherwise known as the "Burtonverse". So far the following characters are confirmed for the story:

unlehjhjd1llcopy.jpg

Batman/Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton)
A lonely billionaire that spends his nights fighting crime as the dark knight, Batman.

The Riddler/Edward Nygma (Robin Williams)
On a quest to solve the biggest riddle of all, the true identity of Batman. There is no mess or price that is too big for this man.

Black Mask/Roman Sionis(Johnny Depp)
This dark and twisted character, that is responsible for killing his parents, is running his father's business. He is obsessed with Batman because he feels that he's the biggest threat to his business. At times he is seen wearing a mask with pieces of his father's skull attached to it.

Robin/Richard Grayson (Marlon Wayans)
This African teenager, a former member of a street gang, was brought under Bruce Wayne's wing after being found unconscious in a dark alley. Richard was responsible for fixing the Batmobile in the past when he discovered an apparent problem.

Other characters: Alfred (Michael Gough), Commissioner Gordon (Pat Hingle) and a love interest (undetermined).

Vehicles to be used: Batmobile, Batskiboat and a spanking new add-on to the Batmissile that will resemble a tank (something closer to TDK Returns tank).

The Suits.

Batman - Just like the Returns outfit, it's an updated suit while maintaining the key elements of the suit.

Riddler - There is a rumor that Tim Burton pitched the idea of having the Riddler bald with a question mark on the back of his head. I decided to use it for this story. There is a scar on the right side of his head. Instead of wearing a piece of cloth, he sprays black face paint over his eyes.

Black Mask - He is wearing a ski mask with pieces of his father's skull attached to it.

Robin - It's actually quite simple. It looks black in the dark but you can see shades of green under the light. Bruce Wayne loaned Richard one of his armor suits, which he painted it a dark green color. He wears the same gloves (minus the spikes), same boots and same utility belt. However he wears a red sleeveless polo-like shirt over the suit. It was used when he performed with his parents and brothers at the circus. The R that's attached to it used to stand for Richard.

Last edited:
Seems promissing but maybe Two-face would make more sence as the villain since the original plan was to have him in 3, even Burton's intent was to use him.
Scarecrow also seems to have been another possibility.
Now forget my complains and keep the project until the end.

I was thinking of doing Two Face. I heard the rumors about it as well. However there would be too many characters in the story. The only solution would be to ditch Robin. He was scrapped from B89 because he was irrelevant to the story. He was scrapped from Returns because they were focusing on too many characters (Batman, Catwoman, Penguin and Shreck). It seems unlikely that he'd get the boot for the third time in a row, especially since Marlon Wayans was supposed to play the Boy Wonder and was even paid to be in Batman 3. I got the impression that Burton wanted to do all of the characters from the television show so there was no question in my mind that the Riddler would be used. With Robin and Batman in the mix, they just need a low end villain with a strong impact (kind of like Shreck). Black Mask is the perfect one to fill this void. I'm sure Burton never heard of Black Mask but he seems like the type of character that he would have a lot of fun with. Scarecrow is a great choice as well. If everything turns out good then I'm planning on doing another story after this.

Looks great man. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks man.

Then i wish you luck and hope you have fun making this story and i hope to see more news about this soon.
Good luck

Great idea Mister Meddle but I don't know if Johnny Depp is right for the character of Black Mask, and besides, at this stage of Burton's career he wasn't casting Depp in every single film. In fact, I think Depp's quirky quality (as well as Burton's signature style) would better have suited a character like The Scarecrow.

I think I'd ditch Depp's Black Mask in favor of Billy Dee's Two Face -- Williams' Two Face seemed to be in the plans for III, and it mirrors the reimagining of Batman Forever a bit better as well.

JB

I'm thinking of switching to Harvey Dent due to the requests and because of the rumors about Williams playing the role. Regardless of the characters, this is not going to be an alternative version of Batman Forever.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Right now I'm writing the story and coming up with ideas. Feel free to leave suggestions.

Wasn't the rumoured title Batman Triumphant.

No, triumphant was for the 5th film.
Change riddler for Two-Face if you find a good story

No news for almost a week, i have a bad feeling about this

Sorry about that. I'm taking my time with the story because I want to get it right. Just like it takes someone awhile to write a script. New ideas are always coming up. I'm not going to start on the art until I'm 100% satisfied with the story.

I don't want to give too much away but Two Face is going to be the main villain. I'll replace Black Mask's image shortly. Regardless of the characters, the story is going to be very different so don't be expecting a Tim Burton version of Batman Forever. And unlike Batman Forever Two Face and the Riddler aren't teaming up.

The love interest is going to be an original character however the relationship is going to have a different impact on Bruce Wayne so don't be expecting a Vicki Vale or Dr. Chase v2.

Last edited:
No problem, i'm glad you're focusing on the story first, but since i've seen many planing to make a graphic novel but never staying with the project until the end i feared the same might hae happened with you.

Definitely not. I was going to work on Knight Rise's Batman By Knight but he ditched the project, I don't know why. I'm very enthusiastic about this project. The more work that I do, the more excited I get. This is something that I always wanted to do.

By the way there's going to be a website for Batman III. I'm not going to do issues, it's going to be one lengthy graphic novel that will be available to download on the website for free.

Last edited:
That's good news, i'm exited to know more.
How's the story going?

I'd like to say I'm almost done but I know changes will be made from left to right and it will keep happening until I'm completely satisfied.

A lot more will be revealed once the website is up, including the official title and the final logo, which will join the trend from the first two films.

When do you think your site will be read?
2-6 months?

When do you think your site will be read?
2-6 months?
Ha, no the website should be up in a couple weeks or so. As for the graphic novel, I don't want to say when it's coming out. I'm aiming for something between 150 to 200 pages.

darker logo:
2sbwvpg.jpg

Clean-er version:

30x956a.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of journey do you intend to take Bruce on?

Thanks for the responses.

Bruce is going to be the anti social, lonely billionaire type of guy. But that doesn't mean he isn't going to be seen in public occasionally, just like in the first two stories. It seems like deep down inside he wants a woman to live with him in his castle for the rest of his life. However his commitment to fighting crime gets in the way. But that doesn't stop him from falling for someone. This time his relationship with the love interest will really test Bruce Wayne. However the outcome will be quite different. And let's not forget that he will have a teenager living with him. It sounds like a lot but there will be a decent balance.

As for Batman, the people of Gotham are afraid of him in the third act. At this point they really don't know who they can trust anymore, especially after Harvey Dent's transformation. You also have the Riddler (who is a bit darker) and his men.

Last edited:
Update: Renee Russo will be the love interest.

Here is a wallpaper with the updated logo.

r1wzo6.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"