Batman III: The Untold Story That Takes Place After Returns

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Mister Meddle, Jun 28, 2011.

1. thebatandthecat Registered

Is Batman III a working title or the official title?

2. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

The official title will look something like "Batman II: Returns". Labeling it as Batman 3 goes against Burton's approach however I believe it'll receive more attention, as if it's a missing piece of an important puzzle. Regardless of the title, just like with Returns, there won't be many references to the first two films. The story is treated as if it's in the same world but in a new day.

#27 Mister Meddle, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  3. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

edit

#28 Mister Meddle, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  4. Lord All Mighty

I know it'll be released when it's ready but do you think you'll have it by 2012/2013?

5. QueenChaos Strange Attractor

I'm interested in this, look forward to seeing what you do with the idea and what i've read here so far is intriguing.
    I personally would have liked to see Black Mask... but I understand the desire for Two-Face.

6. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Thanks for the kind words QueenChaos. I would like to use Black Mask if I decide to do another story. Same with Scarecrow.

Lord, It will probably be by the end of the year. I'm putting a lot of work into it but I'm also taking my time because I want to make sure I get it right. Plus I want to make a good first impression because I'd like to do something much bigger with Batman that will last for quite some time.

A website will be up sometime soon. When it's launched I will be posting the rest of my updates on the site.

Thanks for the support everyone. It means a lot.

#31 Mister Meddle, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  7. Lord All Mighty

I don't want to tell you how to make this but if you'll follow the style of Tim Burton's Batman movies then read this:
    http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/2010/09/nightmare-that-tastes-like-candy-was.html
    How its fary tale style made it unique and what Burton's series meant
    By the way, if you're looking for a title you could try Batman: Triumphant like the title of the cancelled batman 5 movie, or other titles for that one too like Batman: DarKnight.
    I think that Tim would have fun with characters like Mr Freeze and Scarecrow too, one of them has a tragic story like Batman, Penguin and Edward Scissorhands and could give a feeling similar to Batman Returns while the other can use fear against batman and show some gothic stuff, Tim Burton used a lot of elements from the esprecionism era of german cinema for Gotham City and characters

#32 Lord, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  8. jrd550 He who is him

great project!

9. robin Registered

I like the 2nd logo. I like your interpretation of Robin.

10. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Thanks for the feedback guys.

New update. I'm still working on the story, it's taking awhile because it's the most challenging & the most important aspect of the project. I always ask myself "would Tim Burton do this" whenever I come up with ideas rather than doing something that takes place in the same universe with similar visuals but an entire different approach. This is going to be it's own story but continues to carry the spirit of the Burton-Two. This has a lot to do with Tim Burton not being a fan of sequels which is the reason Returns was much different yet fresh. However there will be a couple of things that will get addressed briefly. Similar to Bruce acknowledging his past relationship with Vickie Vale and the time Alfred showed her the way to the cave. It's going to get pretty dark and there's still going to be that mysterious aspect that was included in both of Burton's Batman films.

11. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

You should (if you haven't already) watch some of the "making of" documentaries on youtube about Batman and Returns. Burton talks about story decisions he made and what interested him in the characters. Might help you get a feel for what Burton liked.

12. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. These were on the blu ray extras, right? If so then yeah I watched them and listened to the commentary by Burton for both films. It's a great way to understand his approach and the way he views everything.

13. Lord All Mighty

Liking what i hear, and yes, story is the most important, if you're having someproblems then first try to find the themes and how the characters should be in the movie, for example, with Returns Penguin was so unique because he seemed like an exprecionism movies monster

14. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Yeah that's what I always liked about Returns. I heard that, other than The Dark Knight Returns and the Killing Joke, Burton was only provided with the earlier comics. A couple days ago I began reading Detective Comics starting with the 27th issue from May 1939 that features Batman's debut. I definitely see a lot of similarities. I'm going to continue reading them until the camp kicks in. So far I have a few extra ideas :)

15. Lord All Mighty

I found this thread:
    http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=311609
    Of an hiphotetical Tim Burton Batman III and found this:
    I think you could be interested in knowing the other casting choices and original ideas he had for the movie, aparently the Riddler wasn't going to be portrayed by Johny Depp and i think he would make the character more serious and less comical than he was in Batman Forever.

By the way, Tim said that he didn't like Schumakers batman titles so he didn't like names like Forever and Triumphant

16. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Sorry for the late response, Lord. Haven't been checking this thread as often as I should. I checked out the thread and that's some pretty good stuff. Thanks.

Here is an update just to shed some light in here.

Robin's suit is going to be altered. There are two concept drawings [on the internet] of the Robin Batman Returns suit. It's going to have elements from both concept drawings. The mask isn't going to be anything traditional.

Something a little bizarr-o. The Riddler is going to have a pet rat. This is one of the rumored ideas that Tim Burton pitched.

17. DaveMoral Registered

Marlon Wayans as Dick Grayson is seriously the worst idea I've seen here. I can just picture how that would have turned out. Very doofy Wayans comedy with Batman. Why would Burton cast him if that's not where he was going to go?

Yeesh.

18. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Everyone said the same thing about Michael Keaton because he was known for doing comedies at the time. But he proved everyone wrong. The only reason I'm using Wayans is because he was signed to play Robin in Batman Returns and Forever. He's still collecting royalty checks.

19. DaveMoral Registered

I really dont rhink those are comparable situations. On top of that, it's 20 years later and Marlon Wayans still hasnt done anything serious.

20. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Actually they are comparable situations. What you said about Wayans was exactly what everyone said about Michael Keaton some 23 years ago. Plus we're not talking about anything recent. With the negative comments Burton made on Robin and knowing how dark his universe is, do you really think he would allow Robin to become a comedy character? If Burton had to give the character a complete make over just to fit in his universe then he wouldn't hesitate to do so. Say what you want about his films but Burton definitely had an eye for talent. It's not like it's unusual for an actor to accept an unusual role and ends up surprising everyone that ever doubted him.

#45 Mister Meddle, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  21. Lord All Mighty

So, any news on this?

22. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Sorry that I didn't post anything about this. But the project is on hold for now. But I do plan on resuming sometime soon. It's just that I invested so much time in this project and now I want a little break. :)

23. Mister Meddle The Barber of Seville

Working on the project again. The first official picture will be released shortly. There's a small preview of it in my avatar.

24. Lord All Mighty

Any news on the project? :)

25. BH/HHH You Are My World

Any update n this?