Batman live action TV series

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by ray243, Aug 13, 2008.

1. weezerspider

weezerspider Well-Known Member

I'd be up for it, or an adult themed cartoon.

2. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

As much as I lvoe the animated series, i think its time for a new live action tv series.

3. dario2739

dario2739 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see it done, but as has already been said it'd have to be done by somebody like HBO, and as a continuation of the Nolan films (hopefully after a third :cwink:) keeping the dark theme and style of interpretation of villains.
    I wouldn't want to see too many episodes - a couple of series, ten episodes each may be more than enough - how many times as a really good series been spoiled by overkill?
    Also, the TV series format means you could develop characters and villains better over the longer period. You could establish characters that may not play a pivitol roll till late on in the series.

4. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Honestly, I think I'd rather see a new vision of Batman on television than a continuation Nolan's films on tv.

5. marukisu

marukisu Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  6. Joker831

Joker831 Well-Known Member

To someone who said on the first page to spend 2 Seasons or so on Harvey Dent..........I totally agree'd that if the Nolan movies were never made and this show became as big as like The Sopranos did....spending a long time on Harvey before he became Twoface woulda made it epic on the show

But no retreading Nolan's movies if it's to take up after the 3rd one. But you could always contract Aaron Eckhardt to be in the show for FLASHBACKS! Things we might not had seen before The Dark Knight and between Begins.

7. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

Thats what I want. I want the stories to take place after nolans movies, but definetly less ''realistic'' so we can get some really cool villains like clayface and croc.

8. Grommers

Grommers Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want it to tread on Nolans world at all, t.v.s shows have a lot smaller budgets, and I'd feel it'd feel like watching a cheap knock off, you'd need all new actors, etc, and it would be cool if it was done more of a re-telling, sorta like the incredible hulk vs hulk, so you could go a little mainstream with the villains, you could always have people arguing if there closely related or not. etc.

9. NinjaTurtleFan

NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

I don't know about this. I could see a PG-13 or TV14-rated cartoon show on some place like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim or HBO or G4 where Dini and Timm could both write it but it would be in the vein of the Nolan movies. That way if we never got to see The Joker again in any movie you can find a voice-impersonator to play him in the cartoon.

I don't want "BTAS" designs or drawings but more focused on looking like the actors in the Nolan movies. I also think like "Gotham Knight" did was, this could allow "unrealistic" villains that Nolan would not use to be in the show: Killer Croc, Clayface, to name others.

I mean who could you get to play Gordon, Batman, and others if in a live-action show? I'm sure Oldman, Caine, Freeman, and Bale wouldn't take anyone else's direction unless it was Nolan's.

10. LostGuy

LostGuy Where do I go from here?

I always thought Batman fits very well on the TV screen. A friend of mine and I have written some general ideas for a Batman show, in a realistic approach, but with enough room to allow Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, for example. I even wrote the whole pilot for the show. Just for fun, of course.

I believe a show can be very well done if th people in charge catch the essence of Batman and his world, instead of having a "freak of the week" like Smallville. It seems tv producers are always soooo afraid that the audience will never follow a slower yet intelligent story for much long.

11. CaptainClown

CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

GOTHAM CENTRAL = a tv show they can do.

12. Cunning Stunts

I don't know if this will help or anything, but I know a guy who said his friend or friend's wife (or some relation to him) died a while back of a disease that causes your organs to turn scale-like... I don't know what the disease is called or if it would spread to the skin or anything, but perhaps this disease could shed light on a possibility of Killer Croc in Nolan's series?

13. Byron Long

Byron Long Well-Known Member

I liked the Adam West series. It was silly and campy but entertaining and every now and then I watch the Batman 1966 film.

14. The Batkilt

The Batkilt Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah they would. Killer Croc suffers from a legitimate disease - epidermolytic hyperkeratosis. Anything else depends on his character background. Sure, he can't exist as some giant crocodile but that's a silly way to handle him anyway - unless of course he looks like a giant crocodile to someone injected with fear toxin. Gotham Knight shows how you could handle the character.

Clayface originally didn't have any superpowers. As a shapeshifter, yeah, he couldn't fit into Nolan's universe. But stripping all the versions down to the original origin story means he could.

15. knifeedgedave

knifeedgedave Well-Known Member

I want to write it. Please let me write it. I have enough ideas to last a good number of seasons. And it would be good. Please let me write it. And not have to pay to send in a treatment...

16. bullets

bullets bang bang

After seeing the quality of show's like Heroes I actually think if the right people were behind the project it could work .

I'd rather them make four batman movies with nolan and be done with it.

17. Romulus

Romulus Guest

I batman series could be gone. It would have to be done right, stay away from cheesyness and stick to the darkside.

18. CaptainClown

Gotham Central! Crime Drama with Batman cameos!

19. Hole Shot

Hole Shot Better Than Smurfberries

You have my support brother.

20. CaptainClown

Seriously, it can be taken serious and have some outlandish elements to it but maintaining a very serious arc.

21. Hole Shot

Hole Shot Better Than Smurfberries

I'd like to see it on HBO, which is a Time Warner Company.

22. CaptainClown

Hell I would watch that. I want to see Mr. Freeze freeze somebody then proceed to break the person off one body part at a time. I want to see the detective go through guilt and depression simply by that. I want to see Montoya meet the challenges of being a lesbian and kidnapped by Two-face. I want to see Bullock obsessed with bringing down Penguin.

23. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

If HBO's willing do a southern vampire satire, then comic book adaptations are definitely back within the realm of possibility for them. And outside of a Watchmen mini-series (aka my dream situation), I'd say Batman would be the next best fit for that network. I would be all for that.

But a broadcast network? Eh, no thanks. They just aren't willing to put the kind of money into the production values to keep a show like this from looking cheap and cheesy. Heroes sometimes avoids this, and sometimes looks laughably fake. Plus, with HBO, you can get the best talent behind the production as well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  24. Zephyr Alexian

Zephyr Alexian Well-Known Member

Batman on the small screen? Eh, no thanks. There are plenty of story lines, but people with 'Smallville' philosophies are what scare me away from the notion. Somehow, I doubt a TV version would stay faithful to the character's essence. I'm all for a reason re-interpretation, but I don't think that would occur.

25. CaptainClown

gotham central!