Batman Year One

W

Willustrator

Okay, the lowdown. Im currently close to finishing up principal photography on my fourth short film and first Batman-Related piece.
My full-time job is as a 3-D artist but have completed a four year degree in film.

Anyways enough of the speil, Over the course of the next few weeks I hope to keep updating this forum with my progress and look for the opinions of the members of the board as this is exactly who the film is for.

The film itself is based exactly on Frank Millars script for Year One, and the Photography on Mazzuchellis Panels and Pencils.

For some of the scenes (eg the bat flying through the window) you can expect top quality cg.

Expect regular updates, heres a side to side comparison of the comic and some footage iv imported. Please bear in mind the no post production has been performed on these shots as yet.

10ps.jpg

26lr.jpg

3copy5zw.jpg

48tc.jpg

57ha.jpg

Awsome! I can't wait to see it.

Wow! that looks amazing. I cant wait to see more.

Gordon's moustache look a bit too fake, but I can see the passion you are putting in this project. Waiting to see some Batman scene.

wow it is really looking good so far. Keep up the amazing work

Willustrator said:
:batman:
Another quick update
This is from the latest shoot

shoot2teaser5va.jpg
Are you going to make the whole thing a comic too? Thad be cool.

Looks cool, maybe not dark enough though, like try to do some interesting things with lighting in the Flass scene you posted. (I know you said you weren't done with the post on those frames).

What are you shooting and editing with?

Comic Book Boy said:
Are you going to make the whole thing a comic too? Thad be cool.
A couple of people have mentioned that so I think I will, it would be a nice feature to put on the dvd

Comic Book Boy said:
What are you shooting and editing with?

Im shooting with a Sony PD150 and editing with Final cut pro

where do you live? you don't need an extra editor or anyone that does, do you? i myself am and FCP editor and desperately looking for work.

Edward Nigma said:
where do you live? you don't need an extra editor or anyone that does, do you? i myself am and FCP editor and desperately looking for work.

Well, im based in Cork Ireland, so in the unlikely event that ur in this part of the world your more than welcome to lend a hand

Willustrator said:
Well, im based in Cork Ireland, so in the unlikely event that ur in this part of the world your more than welcome to lend a hand

unfortunately i am in the states. oh well. it looks great, i can't wait to se it.

Edward Nigma said:
unfortunately i am in the states. oh well. it looks great, i can't wait to se it.

Thought that. Have the editing covered anyways

Hehe, tis funny the huge change in the look of the actor with the moustache

Heres a tiny, tiny update, just the first quicky test of one of the 3d scenes. This is about 30 minutes into a 5 hour job so its relatively unpolished

room1wy.jpg

Will have an update soon enough with the 3d opening scene, its something thats coming along really nicely, mapping in actual textures from the books ontop of models

Anyone got any opinions on this guy as a possible Bruce Wayne.
He's a bit young a 24 (I imagine bruce being older in year one) and a small bit thin, but that can be hidden with under clothes

a1s2test5yr.jpg

Looks younger than 24, and I believe Bats was 25 in Year One so 24 isn't a problem. (as long as he looks it)

More 3d updates,
this is for a pan by of the train station in the opening scene. Its looking great in motion mixing the 2d maps onto the 3d model. Am obviously still populating the model as its in its relatively early stages

train8nv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"