Age of Extinction Bay claims he's gonna be throwing off TF fans with fake scripts, etc...

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
From the SHH front page:

Bay to Throw Off Fans on Transformers 2
Source: Rotten Tomatoes
November 10, 2007

Transformers director Michael Bay is looking to avoid what he had to go through for the first film. For the sequel, they will be leaking false info to fans to keep them off track of what they are really doing. He tells Rotten Tomatoes:

One thing I do know is I know how to screw them up more," said Bay. "We're going to leak a lot of false information all over the place. I now know their game. They're going to get a lot of script treatments that they think are going to be the script. They will never see the script. We've got scripts and treatments written up that we're going to leak. No one's going to know."

Scoopers who currently think they're sitting on a hot one, here's a head's up. "There's one out that's fake right now. There are going to be many others."

Transformers 2 is scheduled for a June 26, 2009 release.

I personally think he's full of ****. I think that stuff that deos get leaked, ppl will assume it'll false but it'll end up being true.

We'll see.

Either way, it's good misdirection. Rather than having your whole movie spoiled away by messageboards, he's creating (created) an atmosphere of confusion.

Furthermore, I was happy with the finished product the last time. This should be no different for me.

Either way, it's good misdirection. Rather than having your whole movie spoiled away by messageboards, he's creating (created) an atmosphere of confusion.

That's the thing. I think his whole 'misdirection' campaign is a crock of ****. He can easily claim that when his hard drive gets hacked, or genuine things get leaked,etc and fans will be like "o.k this isn't real" but then it'll turn out too indeed be in the final product. It's a clever way to keep fans guessing up until the last minute.

i h8 spoilers... i hope they really do put out fake scripts.

From the SHH front page:

I personally think he's full of ****. I think that stuff that deos get leaked, ppl will assume it'll false but it'll end up being true.

We'll see.

Umm...Didn't he do that the first time? Telling us those leaked concepts weren't real or early but ended up being real?

What? He's gonna let us assume he's gonna make a good Transformers movie only to make the same crap again?

I was really hoping he wouldn't be directing the sequel. :csad:

I think it would be funny if they accidentally use one of the fake scripts and leak the real script out of confusion.

wouldnt it be better if he wouldnt tell the public that they will realese fake scripts?

I wish they had done this with Spider-Man 3. And used a different script. If Bay is sincere about this, it's a good idea. They should do this with all the movies, why do we love spoiling the movies anyway?

But doesn't all the leaked stuff add to the Hype? PPl saw the TF script in advance at it still made money, broke records, whatnot.

If the early version of Megs wasn't leaked via the net, it wouldn't have been changed; Bay admitted that himself, that the fan complaints on the Megatron design made him change it. The fan outcry for Cullen got him cast as Prime, etc. Good can come of ppl seeing/knowing things about a film early. After all, it's out money they want at the B.O. Why not hear what we have to say about certain things?

In the age of the internet, film makers need to realise that this is the way things are now.

But doesn't all the leaked stuff add to the Hype? PPl saw the TF script in advance at it still made money, broke records, whatnot.

If the early version of Megs wasn't leaked via the net, it wouldn't have been changed; Bay admitted that himself, that the fan complaints on the Megatron design made him change it. The fan outcry for Cullen got him cast as Prime, etc.

True, BUT it could also be a good way to get fan reactions to see what things work and don't. Who knows, maybe the leaked script out there now is the REAL one, but this is said on purpose to misdirect people ;)

I personally don't mind guessing at all...

I personally this a great idea. Like skorponok said, some of the leaked items might not be fake and just and way to see how fans would react to designs. Thumbs up to Mr. Bay.

10 to 1 odds say everyone will like one of the fake scripts over the actual one that ends up being used for the movie.:yay:

that is a good strategy by micheal bay
keeping the finished plot underwraps and not spoiling the film
if only other films did that "Cough" Spiderman 3 "Cough"

Might be a trial and error thing. Releasing mixed scripts to hear fan reaction to certain things that may or may not be in the final script. Using the fans as guinnee pigs probably. If that's his plan. I like the way Bay thinks. :up:

Might be a trial and error thing. Releasing mixed scripts to hear fan reaction to certain things that may or may not be in the final script. Using the fans as guinnee pigs probably. If that's his plan. I like the way Bay thinks. :up:

You make a good point, but Bay isn't the sort of person that allows fanboys to influence his movies, chances are he is using this as an excuse to screw with peoples heads just for his own entertainment. We all know he was sick of the fans from the first movie because of all the b***hing so perhaps seconds time around he wants to minimise it.

You make a good point, but Bay isn't the sort of person that allows fanboys to influence his movies, chances are he is using this as an excuse to screw with peoples heads just for his own entertainment. We all know he was sick of the fans from the first movie because of all the b***hing so perhaps seconds time around he wants to minimise it.

Agreed.

wouldve worked better if he just released a bunch of false stuff and not let us know thats hes actually doing it...

thanks for the heads up mr. bay. :dry:

That's the thing. I think his whole 'misdirection' campaign is a crock of ****. He can easily claim that when his hard drive gets hacked, or genuine things get leaked,etc and fans will be like "o.k this isn't real" but then it'll turn out too indeed be in the final product. It's a clever way to keep fans guessing up until the last minute.

I think they would be smarter about security with computers for the sequel after the hacking of his comp last time. Personally I think this is a great idea since I never read "leaked' scripts anyways. Keep the piss ants from *****ing that a movie will suck before the Final product is released based off a leaked script.

If the early version of Megs wasn't leaked via the net, it wouldn't have been changed; Bay admitted that himself, that the fan complaints on the Megatron design made him change it. The fan outcry for Cullen got him cast as Prime, etc. Good can come of ppl seeing/knowing things about a film early. After all, it's out money they want at the B.O. Why not hear what we have to say about certain things?

In the age of the internet, film makers need to realise that this is the way things are now.
and if they wouldnt change it it would still make tons of money.
those changes were for the fans. but BO would still be big.

I quite like the idea of false scripts as it keeps us entertained for a while without actually spoiling anything...

also he'll be able to get great feedback from it by putting potentially real events in it and seeing what the public's response is without anyone having any real idea towards it.

I just hope he doesn't sell us a dud that is actually going to be better than the final product, that would suck

wouldve worked better if he just released a bunch of false stuff and not let us know thats hes actually doing it...

thanks for the heads up mr. bay. :dry:
This is a point but i feel that if he gives people the impression that they are fake, there would be less hatred towards him rather than having people pissed off at him for 2 years and singing his praises at the end result.

it takes the pressure of him which is really what he's trying to do.

I'm glad he is doing this, I hate it when spoilers are released because i cant help but read them.

I quite like the idea of false scripts as it keeps us entertained for a while without actually spoiling anything...

also he'll be able to get great feedback from it by putting potentially real events in it and seeing what the public's response is without anyone having any real idea towards it.

I just hope he doesn't sell us a dud that is actually going to be better than the final product, that would suck
well some fake scripts will 100% some better ideas the nthe real script.

Something tells me these "fake" scripts wil probably be rejected scripts, I don't see why the writers would go out of there way to make fake scripts just for Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"