Batman Begins BB Limited Edition DVD coming 3rd quarter 2008

If it weren't for all the stuff that comes in the gift set, i wouldnt have bothered double dipping, seeing as how the prologue only comes with the blu-ray version :csad:

I think I will watch my HD DVD copy of Begins tonight. I cannot begin to tell you how good this disc really is.

The video commentary is my favourite asppect to the disc. I suppose you guys with the Bue-gay player can watch it as well.........ooops maybe you cannot. Sorry for rubbing that in if you don't have an HD DVD player......my bad.

I forgot that some of you guys championed the Blue-gay player over HD DVD.

Hope you enjoy the wait for the Blue-gay version

Cheers Barney
I was actually wondering if there would be a special edition DVD box set though as I dont own a blue ray player as of yet.
This is partly down to purchasing an xbox instead of a ps3 but thats a different story all together.
Theres no official release for a R2 (UK) release yet but why let that stop you!?! lol
just do what I do... google your DVD player model number and unlock the region code then head over to www.playusa.com and order the R1 (US) release :woot:
its only £17.99 with FREE delivery!
Simple :cwink:

I think I will watch my HD DVD copy of Begins tonight. I cannot begin to tell you how good this disc really is.

The video commentary is my favourite asppect to the disc. I suppose you guys with the Bue-gay player can watch it as well.........ooops maybe you cannot. Sorry for rubbing that in if you don't have an HD DVD player......my bad.

Someone's bitter...

*goes back to watching 300 Blu-Ray on PS3*

Just saw this on Play's website.

The UK re-release of BB on Blu-Ray comes with the USB stick but only on Play.com.
We are not going to be getting the DVD boxset, but there is a release with BB and The Gotham Knight as a 3DVD package.

They said that the USB comes loaded with 18 TDK images, so I imagine this will be the content for the US boxset as well.

I think I will just buy the Region 1 import.

Here is the link:
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/5437583/Batman-Begins/Product.html

Actually most of us can watch the commentary because most of us own a PS3 as our Blu-Ray player
I'm wondering if the blu-ray version is going to be region-free
Blu-Ray has three regions so I highly doubt it

This is lame.... The blu-ray set is the only one with the full Dark Knight prologue...., right? And The Dark Knight DVD wont have it?

So the only way I'll own it is if I buy the Blu-Ray set?

Is that about the jist of it?

This is lame.... The blu-ray set is the only one with the full Dark Knight prologue...., right? And The Dark Knight DVD wont have it?

So the only way I'll own it is if I buy the Blu-Ray set?

Is that about the jist of it?

Well the DVD of The Dark Knight will obviously have the prologue as it's part of the movie, you'll just have to wait till the movies home video release

My copy has been posted from playusa already!

Cant wait, should be through in the next few days

BBUCE_set.jpg

BBUCE_blu_set.jpg
BBUCE_05.jpg
BBUCE_blu-disc.jpg

I just got this email today

Just bought a Blu-Ray player and have pre-ordered the Limited Edtion Gift Set (Amazon.com still won't ship it before July 8 :( ).
Too bad the DVD is getting screwed (no TDK prologue, booklet or comic book adabtation). They should have included the prologue on the separate disc (seen above) wih the 2-minute preview (it's understandable that they wouldn't manufacture new discs of BB just to add the prologue) and all the other TDK-related goodies. Had they done that I wouldn't have gone Blu.

Just bought a Blu-Ray player and have pre-ordered the Limited Edtion Gift Set (Amazon.com still won't ship it before July 8 :( ).
Too bad the DVD is getting screwed (no TDK prologue, booklet or comic book adabtation). They should have included the prologue on the separate disc (seen above) wih the 2-minute preview (it's understandable that they wouldn't manufacture new discs of BB just to add the prologue) and all the other TDK-related goodies. Had they done that I wouldn't have gone Blu.
u should have bought a PS3 instead of a regular Blu ray player. PS3 is cheaper. plus u can play blu-ray dvds, regular dvds, cds, and PS3 and PS2 video games.

So Can I get a run down of the regula DVD stuff that you would get if you double dipped? I want cool stuff but does only the Blu0ray get that, im in the stone age i know.

u should have bought a PS3 instead of a regular Blu ray player. PS3 is cheaper. plus u can play blu-ray dvds, regular dvds, cds, and PS3 and PS2 video games.

Actually I bought a blu-ray drive for my computer. It also plays HD-DVDs and burns Blu-Ray discs.

So Can I get a run down of the regula DVD stuff that you would get if you double dipped? I want cool stuff but does only the Blu0ray get that, im in the stone age i know.

DVD:
-Both discs are identical to the ones originally released.
-DVD EXCLUSIVE From the promo pics it appears that the 2-minute preview (possibly an already released trailer) of TDK is on a seperate 3rd disc
-DVD EXCLUSIVE 128 MB flash drive including 18 pics from TDK
-5 Batman Begins postcards
-Batman Begins Key Art lenticular (a holographic kinda thing, think of the motion film clip in the Blade Runner DVD set).

Blu-Ray:
-5 Batman Begins postcards
-Batman Begins Key Art lenticular
-Blu-Ray EXCLUSIVE - TDK Prologue
-Blu-Ray EXCLUSIVE - 32-page TDK prologue booklet
-Blu-Ray EXCLUSIVE - 16-page comic book version of the TDK prologue.

The DVD is basically missing all the TDK material.

That is horribly gay and really kinda pisses me off cause i dont have the money to go buy a blu-ray player or a Ps3. Maybe i can find all that stuff on ebay. The booklet and comic version i guess.

That is horribly gay and really kinda pisses me off cause i dont have the money to go buy a blu-ray player or a Ps3. Maybe i can find all that stuff on ebay. The booklet and comic version i guess.

Release info from dvdactive.com actually indicates that the comic book is part of the booklet so only 1 item to get. Can't be sure though.
The gift set also features a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, a 32-page booklet including an all-new DC Comics comic book adaptation of The Dark Knight prologue, exclusive photos, script pages and story boards.

Anyway, WB can go screw themselves with a memory stick and a 2-minute trailer. They should have thrown the prologue on that extra disc instead and included the booklet. It's obvious that WB is trying to make people go Blu and it's working.

Release info from dvdactive.com actually indicates that the comic book is part of the booklet so only 1 item to get. Can't be sure though.

Anyway, WB can go screw themselves with a memory stick and a 2-minute trailer. They should have thrown the prologue on that extra disc instead and included the booklet. It's obvious that WB is trying to make people go Blu and it's working.
not me.I'll stick with the standard dvd gift set. altough in the future i might end up getting a PS3.
as far as i'm concerned MATTEL can go screw themselves for stabbing us toy collector's in the back for having such a limited quantity of MM figures

Too bad HD-DVD is dead :woot: go Blu-Ray.

I preordered the regular blu ray set, at the time I didn't think it was worth buying the limited edition... should I be reevaluating that decision? Are the discs the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"