BBC Films developing Doctor Who movie

Mister Sinister

Picture of Paul McCartney
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Doctor Who may be heading for the big screen after a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that "a script is in development".

BBC entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba said there were no guarantees a film would be made and that, if the project went into full production, a release would be a long time away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8068435.stm

without Tennant as the Doc it's pointless..

without Tennant as the Doc it's pointless..
Not so. Doctor Who is bigger than Tennant and could survive on the big screen without him.

True though, if they were to use any Doctor from the TV series, it'd be best to use him, considering his popularity.

But they could easily use any one of the 11 guys who are The Doctor. Tennant is not the only Doctor to have ever existed.

Not so. Doctor Who is bigger than Tennant and could survive on the big screen without him.

True though, if they were to use any Doctor from the TV series, it'd be best to use him, considering his popularity.

But they could easily use any one of the 11 guys who are The Doctor. Tennant is not the only Doctor to have ever existed.

True, maybe I could have said it better but for a movie version Tennant would be best imo..

Personally I'm a little surprised it has taken this long for something like this to kick off.. Hopfully they set it in the time war and if they do that the daleks are actually something to be scared of and that RTD is no-where near it.

True, maybe I could have said it better but for a movie version Tennant would be best imo..

Personally I'm a little surprised it has taken this long for something like this to kick off.. Hopfully they set it in the time war and if they do that the daleks are actually something to be scared of and that RTD is no-where near it.
RTD will write it, I'm fairly certain.

I think the Time War is best left to imagination. Nothing they do will ever live up to the hype of it.

BBC will want this to appeal to the worldwide audience and everyone, so it wouldn't surprise me if what we ended up getting was a reboot with a new First Doctor.

RTD will write it, I'm fairly certain.

I hope not. We'll end up with a love triangle story set across time and space, the doctor will laugh, shout and cry, there'll be lots of science magic going on and somewhere along the way, a human female will either have or gain extrodinary powers but have to loose them 'cos it will harm her..

I think the Time War is best left to imagination. Nothing they do will ever live up to the hype of it.

BBC will want this to appeal to the worldwide audience and everyone, so it wouldn't surprise me if what we ended up getting was a reboot with a new First Doctor.

Personally I'd be up for some time war action but I do see what you mean. I know it's a long way off and not even a certainty yet but I'd hope that with it been a movie, they would atleast get away from this 'kiddy' tone the series has, I'd see a Dr Who movie working out with a tone similar to the new trek. And I agree it may end up being some kind of reboot, which I'd be ok with really.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"