24 Movie news

I love the idea of 24 having a large budget, but if it is not 24 one-hour episodes, it is not 24. It should be called Jack Bauer or something like that. How about "Jack's Back"! Just kidding.

We'll see though.

Matt said:
I don't necessarily disagree with that...being as

1) They killed off 75 % of the supporting cast this season. It is a really bad idea to go into a TV show movie with 3 or 4 remaining characters.
Just bring Chase back and keep Chloe, Audrey, Bill, Curtis and possibly Senator Heller and Wayne Palmer...that's still a badass supporting cast Imo.:up:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14898

Fox Moving Forward with 24 Feature

Source: Variety
June 8, 2006

The clock is officially ticking down toward a 24 feature film, reports Variety.

Twentieth Century Fox has closed a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, as well as showrunner Howard Gordon, to bring the Kiefer Sutherland real-time thriller to the big screen.

Surnow and Cochran will write the script, with Gordon working on the story. All three will produce via their Real Time Productions, as will Imagine's Brian Grazer.

No talent deals are yet in place, though Sutherland -- an executive producer of the hit Fox series -- has made it clear he's interested in starring in the film should it snag a greenlight.

Cochran, Surnow and Gordon will begin work on the script late this summer, just as production on the sixth season of the TV series gets under way.

Executives at 20th should have a draft of the script in their hands by early winter. Once they see the script -- and look at ratings for the first few episodes of season six, which kicks off in January -- they'll be able to make a decision on greenlighting production of the film.

Under the most optimistic scenario, the feature would be greenlit early next year and film next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of 24.

Current plan calls for the 24 feature to abandon the real-time conceit of the TV show, making Sutherland's Jack Bauer, rather than the clock, the star.

I hope Keifer Sutherland doesn't die from exhaustion or get hooked on drugs again with all this 24.

Though I'm predicting that the movie won't happen or it will fall through.

I think it would be better to plan a movie after the series is finished. Fox is basically planning for 24 what they did with X-files.

This Movie really wont need that much development in terms of Jack at least. If you want to know what hes about watch the Show to get the Movie. It should be interesting how this turns out

I like the last part because a real time movie would suck in my opinon :( But then again we'll see how Al Pacino's 88 Minutes turn out...

hunter rider said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14898

Fox Moving Forward with 24 Feature

Source: Variety
June 8, 2006

The clock is officially ticking down toward a 24 feature film, reports Variety.

Twentieth Century Fox has closed a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, as well as showrunner Howard Gordon, to bring the Kiefer Sutherland real-time thriller to the big screen.

Surnow and Cochran will write the script, with Gordon working on the story. All three will produce via their Real Time Productions, as will Imagine's Brian Grazer.

No talent deals are yet in place, though Sutherland -- an executive producer of the hit Fox series -- has made it clear he's interested in starring in the film should it snag a greenlight.

Cochran, Surnow and Gordon will begin work on the script late this summer, just as production on the sixth season of the TV series gets under way.

Executives at 20th should have a draft of the script in their hands by early winter. Once they see the script -- and look at ratings for the first few episodes of season six, which kicks off in January -- they'll be able to make a decision on greenlighting production of the film.

Under the most optimistic scenario, the feature would be greenlit early next year and film next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of 24.

Current plan calls for the 24 feature to abandon the real-time conceit of the TV show, making Sutherland's Jack Bauer, rather than the clock, the star.

as it damn well should be! :mad: :D

I'm not really feeling this. Granted more Kiefer = more good, but I think 24 operates better as a series than it ever will as a film.

To be honest the show operates on like 3 different stories a season and in between there slow-down, I see it working better as a movie, myself. With a well laid out plot structure.

They could Do the Drazen mission as the movies focus that way it could bring all of the characters back and shed some light on the mission that started it all.

chosen1 said:
They could Do the Drazen mission as the movies focus that way it could bring all of the characters back and shed some light on the mission that started it all.

That is a very good idea. It would be a nice way to do a movie without it necessarily impeding on future storylines.

Plus, it would be a nice way to develop the Jack/Teri marriage more, and maybe give us a little Bauer backstory. I've been curious about his parents. And it would be cool to see Dennis Haysbert and maybe Penny Johnson-Gerald again.

And they already have a well known movie baddie-Dennis Hopper-for Drazen. The casting work would pretty much be done.

They might even throw old Steven Saunders in there to show how things went sour with him and Bauer too.

hell, JB deserves his own movie series. he'd be like the next John McClane. times ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"