Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23228

Jack Bauer Gets Out Of L.A.!!
The 24 Movie Looks Not
To Take Place In Real Time!!

I am – Hercules!!

Kiefer Sutherland has apparently revealed some clues as to how Fox’s “24” movie will differ from Fox’s “24” TV show.

According to the BBC’s website, Sutherland told London chat show host Jonathan Ross that the “24” movie he hopes to shoot next year will be set “here.” Which I guess could mean London or the United Kingdom or Europe or the Eastern Hemisphere.

The Brit newspaper The Sun, meanwhile, says the “24” movie will be shot in London, Prague and Moracco, suggesting that the movie will drop the TV show’s distinctive “real time” format. Which I guess is how a two-hour movie can get away with calling itself “24”!

For the record, the movie will NOT mark the first time Jack Bauer has been depicted operating outside Los Angeles. A short on the season-four DVD set dealt with a long-haired Jack Bauer escaping assassins in Chicago.

Read the entire BBC story here.

I think the movie should be set in real time.

It should focus on Jack stopping maybe a smaller terrorist threat, one that can be wrapped up in 2 or 3 hours real time.

IMO, if they try and pack a full day into a 2 hour span, the movie is going to suffer.

Saw it last night on Mr "Woss"` show, Kiefer is a funny guy :)

hunter rider said:
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23228

Jack Bauer Gets Out Of L.A.!!
The 24 Movie Looks Not
To Take Place In Real Time!!

I am – Hercules!!

Kiefer Sutherland has apparently revealed some clues as to how Fox’s “24” movie will differ from Fox’s “24” TV show.

According to the BBC’s website, Sutherland told London chat show host Jonathan Ross that the “24” movie he hopes to shoot next year will be set “here.” Which I guess could mean London or the United Kingdom or Europe or the Eastern Hemisphere.

The Brit newspaper The Sun, meanwhile, says the “24” movie will be shot in London, Prague and Moracco, suggesting that the movie will drop the TV show’s distinctive “real time” format. Which I guess is how a two-hour movie can get away with calling itself “24”!

For the record, the movie will NOT mark the first time Jack Bauer has been depicted operating outside Los Angeles. A short on the season-four DVD set dealt with a long-haired Jack Bauer escaping assassins in Chicago.

Read the entire BBC story here.

Whoa!!!

I just started watching this series a couple of months ago. Im currently in season 4 and I must say it is the best tv show I have ever seen!!!

I know they have to call it 24 due to how famous the show is but since they won't be keeping the format it'll be redundant IMO
I think the Bauer character is so strong that they should just put him in a thriller like they do with Bond and Bourne

hunter rider said:
I know they have to call it 24 due to how famous the show is but since they won't be keeping the format it'll be redundant IMO
I think the Bauer character is so strong that they should just put him in a thriller like they do with Bond and Bourne
24 deserves to be in the big screen!

hunter rider said:
did you even read what i said ?:confused:
I never read any of your post, I just look at your avvys:confused: :cool:

Sounds good, I can't wait for this. I just hope they can find a good way to keep it fresh without the real-time format.

I thought they were doing three real time 40 min segments taking place during one day, and that the time in between is Jack traveling to and fro...

hunter rider said:

not if they make the film fit into a 24 hour period. which, personally, I think is the best choice.

hunter rider said:

that could work too

It doesn't matter if they keep the real time or not, but as long as Jack Bauer's in it, I'm game.

hunter rider said:

That wasn't the first time either. Jack spent about 6 hours of season 3 in Mexico.

As for the 24 movie...if you have any question about it...see MI:3. Hell, it is a plot right out of 24 (rogue agent, trying to expose a mole and take down an arms dealer)...it is paced perfectly. It is the perfect 24 movie, minus Bauer.

The difference being is that a 24 movie would perhaps have some stronger supporting characters that aren't one dimensional and perhaps some action scenes WITHOUT Jack Bauer.

TheVileOne said:
The difference being is that a 24 movie would perhaps have some stronger supporting characters that aren't one dimensional and perhaps some action scenes WITHOUT Jack Bauer.

LOL oh Vile
icon10.gif
Jack Bauer is dominant in 24 and they have time to spread out bit more screentime to support because they have 24 episodes to do it in,TV and movies are different beasts

hunter rider said:
LOL oh Vile
icon10.gif
Jack Bauer is dominant in 24 and they have time to spread out bit more screentime to support because they have 24 episodes to do it in,TV and movies are different beasts

24 would probably be better served to stay as a series then.

I still think a movie would have stronger supporting characters though.

TheVileOne said:

Maybe and Maybe
icon12.gif

TheVileOne said:

I don't necessarily disagree with that...being as

1) They killed off 75 % of the supporting cast this season. It is a really bad idea to go into a TV show movie with 3 or 4 remaining characters.

2) A bomb, regardless of how good it is, could make Fox look at the series in a whole new way...and that scares me.

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully it could be a new franchise for Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"