BBC's The Musketeers

I quite liked this weeks episode.I figured as we get nearer the end,more of the most interesting plotlines would be addressed.

Does BBC America have view on-line?
Or anywhere else?
I'd like to watch this but don't get the channel.

Last edited:
Sorry,can't help you there.:csad:

I thought the season final was very good.

You can tell they expected to get Capaldi back.In hindsight,it probably would've been better to give him a memorable death,instead of having the Queen give a rather weak "Don't ever do bad things again!:nono:" speech.

Yeah, I don't know what they're going to do without Capaldi. The writers are trying to put a happy face on things but they clearly expected to have him back. Hopefully he can film a scene or two because it would be too awkward if he just disappeared from the show.

The Queen's decision to spare the Cardinal was moronic considering he's right back on top at the end.

^The writers kinda had to do it since Richelieu continued in power for over another decade.

ETA: I guess you could say that at least Richelieu now knows he'll have to tread lightly around the queen, since she has such devastating information about him.

RachelDawes, does that really matter? Milady also killed Constance in the book as I recall.

The show already plays kind of fast and loose with the timeline and history. Killing Cardinal or de-fanging him wouldn't be all that crazy. I mean look at how Inglorious Basterds retold history.

Yeah, I suppose the writers could've killed him off if they really wanted to but they must've felt like they had more stories to tell, so they settled for Anne putting him in his place instead. Of course, that makes it more unfortunate that Capaldi isn't returning.

I thought it was strange that they tried to set up the Cardinal before the Queen instead of the King,but you have to consider that he was the one practically begging for someone to kill the Queen......

Better late than never.

LOL at Aramis - "Every man for himself!" :funny: the antithesis of the Musketeer motto.

We thankfully get the real deal in the end.:woot:
Yes, I finally got to watch the whole season, and really enjoyed it. All a bit predictable but love the cast, great character, great chemistry and classic swashbuckling adventure.

The last episode had a satisfying wrap every story arc up feeling, just in case it's the last, although I'm glad it's not.
Milady will apparently no longer be a driving force, but I do hope to see more of her.
And I agree with others, it's to bad they didn't have advanced warning to give Richelieu a more epic end.

Looking forward to more!

As to their look, it's a departure from the iconic tabards, but it works.
p01q2624.jpg

They have the ceremonial capes too.
aramis-bbc-musketeers.jpg

And a way catchy theme-
https://soundcloud.com/ben-roberts-58/bbc-the-musketeers-extened

Each has a unique sword handle- Any sword aficionados want to guess at any significance cultural/aesthetic reference or nod?
p01s6b7j.jpg

p01s0t8z.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. Sounds like the Cardinal dies or is already dead to start the season. That's too bad, though I guess they couldn't do much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"