3 Musketeers cast

roach

I am the night
Reaction score
http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/three-musketeers-cast-lerman-waltz-jovovich-and-bloom.html

Paul W.S. Anderson is culling actors from rising stars to Oscar winners for his 3D version of the classic tale “The Three Musketeers.” The project is slated to begin shooting in September.

Logan Lerman, who recently played the title character in “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief,” is in negotiations to play D’Artagnan, a young man who leaves home to become a member of the fighting force of the French king’s royal household.

Ray Stevenson (“The Book of Eli”), Luke Evans (“Clash of the Titans”) and Matthew Macfadyen (“Robin Hood”) have been cast as three of the force’s best and most disgraced members: Porthos, Athos and Aramis, respectively, whose creed of friendship is “All for one and one for all!”

Rounding out the cast as villains are Academy Award winner Christoph Waltz as Cardinal Richelieu and Mads Mikkelsen as Rochefort. Anderson’s real-life wife, Milla Jovovich, has been cast as Milady de Winter, a former love of Athos who is described as “17th century Bond girl.”

An offer is out to Orlando Bloom to play nemesis the Duke of Buckingham.

Anderson is going for a contemporary feel with his movie, which will be in 3D, without losing the period setting. Anderson wrote the script with Andrew Davies.

The filmmaker is also producing the project with Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt and Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer. Constantin, with whom Impact has a joint venture, will finance the production. Summit is distributing domestically and is handling foreign sales.

The project is one of two “Musketeers” movies galloping toward production, the other being a version by Warners. Doug Liman came on board the latter as director in early April, and the production will also begin casting with an eye toward a fall start date.

I am glad Christoph Waltz is getting more work

What was wrong with the Live Action Disney Version?

Nothing at all....Musketeers has always been a favorite for movies, there have been at least 7 or 8 films that I can recall about the Musketeers

according to wiki

20 different film versions

6 animated versions

7 sequels or continuations of the story

The cast looks fine even Orlando Bloom, not sure about Milla a Milady.

"Anderson is going for a contemporary feel with his movie"

This quote worries me.

if you're concerned about "tone" - you should have seen 'the Fourth Musketeer' with David Hasselhoff as Johnny D'artagnan - famous pop singer

every few years famous stories get redone...take Robin Hood...his story has been told from every form of media known to man and yet Hollywood still thinks there are parts of his story still worthy to be told...

Well, I'll be interested to see if they try to tell something close to the book story or completely go off the wall and make their own stuff up (like the 90's Disney movie and The Musketeer). Still, I don't think any of the movies holds a candle to the 70's version. Charleton Heston as the Cardinal was genius.

Id like to see a novel accurate version, preferably done as a miniseries, but I won't hold my breath

Id like to see a novel accurate version, preferably done as a miniseries, but I won't hold my breath

The closest to the Novel I've seen is the 70's movie. Well, movies, since they split it up into The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers.

That's where the problem lies really. The novel is huge, and it doesn't really follow any set plot, since it was released in serial format to begin with. The main plot line most stories adhere to (the diamond necklace plot) is done and over with about halfway through the novel. It's pretty much impossible to do a novel accurate film in one movie. There's just too much information. A mini-series is probably the best way to do the most accurate screen telling.

I loved that one, mainly because OP was hysterical.

I know I'll be in the minority here, but my fav part has always been when the 3 musketeers are on screen. I'm not a big fan of the D'artagnan character. Sure York did a great job, but the character itself is okay. That's probably why "the musketeer" was boring for me. I would like to see a sort of prequel, with just the 3 musketeers on their adventures. I haven't read the books, so I don't know if any of Dumas' tales are just with them alone.

Yep, and by far the best one.

:up:

I can't picture Logan Lerman in a European accent. However this is the "bleh" Paul Anderson and not the good one, so expectations should be low for this one, even with Christoph Waltz in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"