3 Musketeers cast

I only know that there's a movie about The Three Musketeers because of a giant billboard ad that I see whenever I drive home from work (which looks rather awful btw). And the trailer gives me a feeling of WTF about this movie. Water ninja? Steampunk? Airship? This reminds me of LXG and the outrageous period/technology hybrid that they thrown into it. I do admit the action seems fun but over-the-top, and Milla in a corset is always great, but the rest (including Orlando Bloom as villain?) is kind of iffy to me.

Here's the trailer:

Did anybody actually go and see this yesterday? I did. I thought it was surprisingly decent by Anderson standards.

Such a low opening day, this movie has pretty much bombed in the States. It'll at least make a decent amount overseas to make up for it.

Opening against a horror movie during Halloween is never a good idea. Should have saved this for November.

Ouch, those numbers are bad. Sad, because I quite liked it and like the prospect of a sequel. Loved the trio and thought they were all perfect, especially Macfayden. Sadly they didn't have nearly enough screen time. I was prepared to dislike Lerman, but he won me over quite quickly. Temple, Fox and Waltz were all kinds of fun.

Were I think the film fails though is Milla. While Bloom's badness actually helped him in this role, Milla felt extremely superfluous and jammed down our throats. She was wrong for the role and this problem is compound by the need to keep inserting scenes with her repeating information we already know, just so she has more screen time.

There is a good 20 minutes in the middle of the film were the Musketeers just disappear and we get more and more Milla.

Its' funny that shes the problem in this movie and Resident Evil. Maybe Anderson should learn. I loved the main three musketeers and I thought Lerman was good enough. The sword fighting was so good

While she definitely might be the problem with this movie as I've not seen it. I can safely say as a huge fan of the Resident Evil games. There are much much much bigger problems about them than Milla.

Its' funny that shes the problem in this movie and Resident Evil. Maybe Anderson should learn. I loved the main three musketeers and I thought Lerman was good enough. The sword fighting was so good

Yeah, I can't believe I forget to mention that. The sword fighting was phenomenal. There wasn't a huge amount, but what was there was beautiful.

Also, I like Milla but she just doesn't fit this role and it was made worse by the need to include her as much as possible.

This movie will get harsher reviews than it deserves, modern criticism. It was pretty fun especially for it's target audience. (the one that thinks steam punk ships are cool out side of the fact that they have nothing to do with musketeers). I happen to think PW Anderson does a good job with his films now and again. Even Horizon/Mortal Kombat are actually pretty great.

As for the sword fighting, well nothing beats that movie the Musketeer but it was pretty great. The films has to big flaws imo. Not enough Musketeer time and Luke Evans plays a mute.

The first Mortal Kombat succeeds because it gives into itself without a second thought. There is no pretense, no apology. It is what it is, and if that is your thing then you will enjoy it. Not a great movie by any means, by a quite a bit of fun.

This film wasn't great, but the actors and sword fighting make it a good time. I'll probably see it again in theaters.

Personally, the only problem I really had with this film is that absolutely none of the cast displayed any charisma. I felt like I being told to like these characters, rather than decide for myself.

It was an odd experience.

I saw this yesterday. Didn't like it at all.

Personally, the only problem I really had with this film is that absolutely none of the cast displayed any charisma. I felt like I being told to like these characters, rather than decide for myself.

It was an odd experience.

Really? I didn't get that feeling at all, with maybe the exception of Constance. Not even D'Artagan, which is what I fully expected.

If anything, the trio is undersold, saved by the charisma of the actors who are terrific imo.

I saw this yesterday. Didn't like it at all.

Thank you for elaborating. :oldrazz:

Was the hooded warrior coming out of the water in the trailer a Musketeer or a bad guy?

I really enjoyed it. Although I do want to see a better adaptation someday, this was a lot of fun. I thought they did a great job with the casting of the Musketeers. I wish we got more time with them , they almost seemed like secondary characters. The POTC comparisons are not incidental. However the action was much better, I loved the sword fighting , and the set design was fantastic. The story was very predictable though.

I rate it 8/10

I saw it in 3d regrettably. I felt it added nothing.

I went in expecting about as much as I got out of Conan the Barbarian(2011) based on what I had read, which was I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the ticket. But I ended up loving the movie. While Milla looked great in the movie I agree at times she seemed out of place. I actually wouldn't mind going to see this again. I also have to say that in my opinion the previews don't do this movie justice.

I'm a big Dumas/Musketeer fan...I have around a dozen versions of them on DVD, from silents to a recent French version....and I am in no hurry to watch this movie. The Kung Fu looking antics and the storyline where the Musketeer's biggest enemy Milady DeWinter is now working with them really turns me off.

I'm a big Dumas/Musketeer fan...I have around a dozen versions of them on DVD, from silents to a recent French version....and I am in no hurry to watch this movie. The Kung Fu looking antics and the storyline where the Musketeer's biggest enemy Milady DeWinter is now working with them really turns me off.

[BLACKOUT]The Milady as a "good guy" is done before the film's "prologue" is done.[/BLACKOUT]

The sword fighting is great. The trailers do not do the scenes just. There are more then the films fair share of over the top moments, and every Milady action scene will have you rolling your eyes. But not the sword fights. Those are more then worth your time imo.

It looked pretty bad. It would seem to me that Mads Milkelson , Orlando Bloom, and Waltz should have been cast as the 3 Musketeers instead of the other guys they chose. I mean , all 3 of them have reps for playing Badasses so why make them the villians? Yeah, Milkelson and Waltz have both played bad guys but the three of them appear to have more gravitas and pressence then the one's the choose.

It looked pretty bad. It would seem to me that Mads Milkelson , Orlando Bloom, and Waltz should have been cast as the 3 Musketeers instead of the other guys they chose. I mean , all 3 of them have reps for playing Badasses so why make them the villians? Yeah, Milkelson and Waltz have both played bad guys but the three of them appear to have more gravitas and pressence then the one's the choose.

The Musketeers are perfectly cast and by far the best thing about the film.

If that's true, I have to wonder why the franchise ever made it to popularity.

I haven't seen it, but I admit seeing what looked like a mindless butchering of a classic piece of literature (and the 115th adaptation of said book) flop makes me a tiny bit happy. Not the best way to adapt the book, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"