3 Musketeers cast

I like the cast in this, but the movie itself does NOT look that great, even before I knew Paul W. S. was attached.

The last trailer looked OK, but overall, I can't possibly see this as being anything more than mediocre..

I can't think of anything that is ever adapted faithfully-comics, classic fiction, etc. That might be why I like film-original franchises like Avatar and Star Wars better-they have their influences, but at least they aren't screwing up other peoples stories and characters.

Actually, the 70's Musketeer films were very true to the book. And they also were very popular, and they've had the biggest influence on the film mythos of the Musketeers since their release. The reason Rochefort wears an eye patch in the Musketeer films started with the 70's version (it's a scar down his left temple in the book), and Rochefort's increased status as a villain came about from the 70's version.

Those are honestly still my favorite, the actions not too overblown, the writing is charming and fun, and it's old fashioned classic adventure cinema. I don't have a problem with steam punk, and it's an interesting angle, but there's a reason people say keep it simple stupid. Less is usually more. And I get annoyed that they're changing characters completely (like Buckingham being a villain).

Still, I'm more of a purist with this then most. If the movie is fun and not too mindless, I'll enjoy it.

it was pretty terrible... it will die under competition from Real Steel.

A great reason to see this movie now is the "Phantom Menace 3D" trailer attached to it. Anyone buying?

Actually, the 70's Musketeer films were very true to the book. And they also were very popular, and they've had the biggest influence on the film mythos of the Musketeers since their release. The reason Rochefort wears an eye patch in the Musketeer films started with the 70's version (it's a scar down his left temple in the book), and Rochefort's increased status as a villain came about from the 70's version.

Those are honestly still my favorite, the actions not too overblown, the writing is charming and fun, and it's old fashioned classic adventure cinema. I don't have a problem with steam punk, and it's an interesting angle, but there's a reason people say keep it simple stupid. Less is usually more. And I get annoyed that they're changing characters completely (like Buckingham being a villain).

Still, I'm more of a purist with this then most. If the movie is fun and not too mindless, I'll enjoy it.

Yeah, those films were very good.

I actually like the style of this film. It's got a more almost anime/alternate history thing going on. I love that sort of thing.

It is kind of embarrassing that with all those special effects the film is still able to look and feel so small.

This feels so Pirates of the Carribbean like they just didn't think of having the most important part.

Great to see this is getting trashed on Rottentomatoes.com so far.

Hopefully this fails at the BO. Paul and his overuse of Milla doing ******** ninja moves needs to fall hard.

One of the reasons I've been rather harsh on it just from it's trailers is because I'm such a Three Musketeers nerd myself.

I've actually written my own stage version of the story and we're going to be performing it at my college later this year. I'm also acting in it and doing the fight choreography. I'm playing D'Artagnan...haha. So yeah, I'm definitely a huge Musketeer nerd.

The movie falls flat because of the story and the script. I just saw it and it seems like another movie for a director to feature his wife. Logan Lerman and Milla Jovovich are the weakest parts of the cast. The look of the film is extraordinary and the cast fits in rather well except for the two I mentioned. The three musketeers are more developed in Disney's 1993 film "The Three Musketeers" than they are here. None of them truly shine. IT's a shame with actors like Luke Evans, Ray Winstone, and Matthew McFayden. It has ambition but tries to hard in the wrong places.

One of the reasons I've been rather harsh on it just from it's trailers is because I'm such a Three Musketeers nerd myself.

I've actually written my own stage version of the story and we're going to be performing it at my college later this year. I'm also acting in it and doing the fight choreography. I'm playing D'Artagnan...haha. So yeah, I'm definitely a huge Musketeer nerd.

Does it have slow motion and water ninjas?

Does it have slow motion and water ninjas?

See, it's the flying ships that are giving us trouble. We've called in the guys from the Spider-man musical to help us with the rigging and fly system. Gotta stay true to the book after all.

See, it's the flying ships that are giving us trouble. We've called in the guys from the Spider-man musical to help us with the rigging and fly system. Gotta stay true to the book after all.

Don't forget about the giant spider.

My friend wants to see this movie he will pay for ticket but even then this movie looks so bad. Paul W.S. Anderson has the guy directed any thing original?

The movie falls flat because of the story and the script. I just saw it and it seems like another movie for a director to feature his wife. Logan Lerman and Milla Jovovich are the weakest parts of the cast. The look of the film is extraordinary and the cast fits in rather well except for the two I mentioned. The three musketeers are more developed in Disney's 1993 film "The Three Musketeers" than they are here. None of them truly shine. IT's a shame with actors like Luke Evans, Ray Winstone, and Matthew McFayden. It has ambition but tries to hard in the wrong places.
I think you meant Ray Stevenson :cwink::up:

I agree with you about Logan Lerman and Milla Jovovich. Freddie Fox King Louis was rather good I thought.

My friend wants to see this movie he will pay for ticket but even then this movie looks so bad. Paul W.S. Anderson has the guy directed any thing original?

Event Horizon. And it's awesome.

I just caught the first five minutes. It looks fun. My only concern is Milady , I got a feeling she'll become good and join the Musketeers.

Saw this last night. Wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. It gets pretty weird and in some movies that works but this one it doesn't. It's just too much, which is a shame because there are some parts that work really well for the Three Musketeers legend. The casting of the main 3 musketeers is perfect, they're all fantastic and fit their character appropriately. By far the best part of the movie is the sword fighting, wow the sword fighting is fantastic and i wish they would have just stuck to that as the main action. The 3d isn't as good as I thought it would because I thought Resident Evil 4's 3d was great and better than any other 3d movie up until Transformers, this movie disappoints in that regard. Overall it has some bright moments but for the most part its pretty average.

I just caught the first five minutes. It looks fun. My only concern is Milady , I got a feeling she'll become good and join the Musketeers.
She doesn't. After betraying the Musketeers, she remains consistently evil throughout the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"