3 Musketeers cast

The Three Musketeers (2011)

Another adaptation of The Three Musketeers hits the big screen and its mainly a miss and a mess!!
This is one of those film that starts well,and maybe 2 or 3 scenes in you know its going to be bad.
It's part campy,comedy, and action,and none of it really works.
I liked 95% of the actors in the film, Logan Lerman,Milla Jovovich,Matthew Macfadyen
Ray Stevenson ,Luke Evans and Juno Temple.
I liked most of the sword play,until they started doing this slo-mo thing,i liked the airship battles,yes i know airships didnt exist in the 17th century,and one sequence is borrowed directly from Star Trek:The Wrath of Khan.
The actors do their best with the grating dialogue,and some scenes are just so odd.For example any scene with Freddie Fox as a fey King Louis XIII are terrible,as he seeks advice on how to woo Queen Anne(the very cute Juno Temple).
This portrayal of King Louis XIII may have worked in a farce directed by Mel Brooks or
in a sketch on Saturday Night Live but it doesnt here.
Director Paul W. S. Anderson likely loves his fiance Milla Jovovich and also loves directing her in action sequences.I love watching her in action sequences...but in the Resident Evil flicks.In THM she just looks downright silly in her 17th century attire twirling through the air with a sword. Im not even going to talk about the 3D.
The film arrogantly ends with nods to a sequel,but unless this flick makes a ton of cash in foreign markets ,its not going to happen.
Scale of 1-10 a 3

^ not surpised at all.
if it looks like ****.
smells like ****.
reads like ****.
has **** in it.
is made by ****.
then it probably is some sort of faeces.

^ not surpised at all.
if it looks like ****.
smells like ****.
reads like ****.
has **** in it.
is made by ****.
then it probably is some sort of faeces.
Hey, not all of us share the same viewpoint as that guy. :dry:

Uh... what?

It was my suggestion that if the Musketeers were cast to perfection, then the conclusion has to be the characters aren't very good. And if that's the case, then they wouldn't have become popular enough for people all over the world to know of them.

Basically, I'm saying I disagree with the statement "they were cast perfectly" because I feel the actors lacked any charisma or any redeeming qualities to make them likable. It could be down to the director, but I just happen to feel there were probably better choices to play the roles.

It was my suggestion that if the Musketeers were cast to perfection, then the conclusion has to be the characters aren't very good. And if that's the case, then they wouldn't have become popular enough for people all over the world to know of them.

Basically, I'm saying I disagree with the statement "they were cast perfectly" because I feel the actors lacked any charisma or any redeeming qualities to make them likable. It could be down to the director, but I just happen to feel there were probably better choices to play the roles.

I thought the 3 were cast fine, it was D'artanan and Milady De "I guess she still had the tvirus injected in her cause thats' the only reason she could have been able to do all that stupid stuff oh wait she's boning the director" Winter that were horribly cast, and poorly written

They were casted pretty perfectly. The problem wasn't them, it was a poorly written script.

They didn't lack charisma at all imo and they fit the characters perfectly. The problem was a lack of screen time.

I saw the movie yesterday it was just a fun movie well thats how I watched it.

The film arrogantly ends with nods to a sequel,but unless this flick makes a ton of cash in foreign markets ,its not going to happen.
Scale of 1-10 a 3

It's doing alright overseas. Not sure if it will be enough but i wouldn't mind a sequel.

It's doing alright overseas. Not sure if it will be enough but i wouldn't mind a sequel.

I would have been fine with it but
mila jovavich survived
seriously that's horrible, in the book that character is the only one to die.

Box Office Mojo has Worldwide at $75,160,713 and I've seen the budget listed at $90,000,000 and $120,000,000. I would say Blu Ray/DVD sales and rentals will make or break a sequel.

Box Office Mojo has Worldwide at $75,160,713 and I've seen the budget listed at $90,000,000 and $120,000,000. I would say Blu Ray/DVD sales and rentals will make or break a sequel.

Never say never (I feel deja vu), but...I'm pretty sure there ain't gonna be no sequel to this puppy.

I'll stick with the Sheen's version and DiCaprio's Man In The Iron Mask.

Never say never (I feel deja vu), but...I'm pretty sure there ain't gonna be no sequel to this puppy.
If I was forced to give a yes or no on a sequel I would say no.

I'll stick with the Sheen's version and DiCaprio's Man In The Iron Mask.

I never really paid attention to any form of the Three Musketeers untill the Charlie Sheen/Kiefer Sutherland version in '93.

By the way has any body every paid attention to the fact that in the '93 version Charlie Sheen gets top billing but has less screen time than Kiefer Sutherland. I've never timed it but he may also have less screen time than Oliver Platt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"