"Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Elevator Man, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

‘The Walking Dead’ & ‘FearTWD’ Crossover Will Feature Lennie James On Spinoff

I’m divided about Morgan being the crossover character on FTWD. He’s one of my favorite characters on the show. And Lennie James is always compelling. However, they should’ve created an original character who could crossover between both shows. Morgan being featured on FTWD will only botch TWD’s timeline because FTWD’s timeline (by the end of Season 3) has been two months into the zombie apocalypse. It doesn’t make sense for Morgan to be on the east coast at that point because he was in Atlanta when he first met Rick (after he woke from his two month coma). And he's been on the west coast for most of the apocalypse. This is just another gimmick to boost ratings for both shows. AMC and Gimple don't realize it'll only convolute things. I was fine with neither show crossing over.

2. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

There's always a chance that it doesn't work, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they undoubtedly put more thought and hard work into this than the thought any of us could have in the 3-5ish hours that this has been announced.

Gimple has been the author of much of Morgan's story as we know it. I can't imagine he'd ram something through that just doesn't fit.

Right now, my main thought is if we're in for a [blackout]Duane recast[/blackout].

3. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Fear the Walking Dead: First photos of Lennie James on set

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I actually had forgotten that it was Morgan's wife's walker that ended up killing the son, because before, I had been thinking that maybe Morgan and Duane left the neighborhood they found Rick in, traveled across the states, encountered Madison, etc. and eventually Duane died there, making Morgan retreat from that particular group and go back to where he started. But if it was the wife... it's not like a single walker is going to perfectly navigate their way to find her son, so that just doesn't work, and now I'm thinking [blackout]time jump[/blackout], which could prove interesting for these characters, considering how things left off.

5. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

See the first crossover photos of Morgan on Fear the Walking Dead

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both photos confirm that FTWD will do a major time jump (2 years) in order catch up to TWD;s current timeline. Can't say I'm happy about that.

6. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Fear the Walking Dead: Meet the new characters

7. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Photos Hint at Monstrous Developments

[​IMG]

8. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4: ‘A New World to Fear’ Official Teaser
    [YT]qGZmfpHkgSQ[/YT]

9. KevTravels

KevTravels Registered

I wonder if Lennie is making more than Kim. Since he's arguably a bigger name than her.

10. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Fear the Walking Dead: 'Morgan's Journey' Season 4 Promo
    [YT]HaBnlfrJjlI[/YT]

11. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

[​IMG]

'The Walking Dead's' Lennie James sticks up for his crossover to 'Fear the Walking Dead'

12. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Fear the Walking Dead: Morgan will still be a loner on new show