The Dark Knight BEGINS Sequel to be "Darker"

Why does everyone say they want this movie to be sorta based on "The Killing Joke"? That takes place years into Batman & Joker's history, if anything it should be more similar to "The Man Who Laughs"

Yeah, very good news.
Im gonna have a party now, good night.

If they keep language and sex out of it, then it will still be PG-13, regardless of how dark and violent it is.

mcflytrap said:
If they keep language and sex out of it, then it will still be PG-13, regardless of how dark and violent it is.

If the Joker beats the crap out of someone with a crowbar and blood splatters everywhere, that would be a hard scene to keep PG-13.

MrZombay said:
If the Joker beats the crap out of someone with a crowbar and blood splatters everywhere, that would be a hard scene to keep PG-13.

I don't think Joker's gonna do that. People who know how to write him know that he's usually much more creative with his crimes... that's his thing, he's creative. Almost artistic.

But even if he did, it's easy to keep it PG-13 by not showing too much gore. I mean in BB Batman smashed a guy's face into a mirror while the guy was taking a leak. We knew he was taking a leak but you never saw his stream or his dork; you saw his head hit the mirror and the mirror shatter, but you never saw what exactly happened to the guy, yet common sense tells us that his face was a bloody mess. Nolan didn't have to SHOW it.

Great news!! The more darker, the better. And I hope they keep it PG-13. It always been like that & I prefer it stay. But of course, they can release the R Director's Cut like they did with Daredevil. :)

Cinemaman said:
I think sequel will be able to get Oscar Awards for the Best Make-up (The Koker, Two-Face and Penguin are very hard characters for good make-up) and maybe for the Best costume-design.

"the koker" oh you mean "The Coker" a man who fell into a vat of Cocaine and became a drugged up serial killer with white skin.

Ps i LOVE the idea of it being darker!.

This makes me very happy - now if they can only announce Bettany being cast as Mista J I will be a laetus puer!

As I can understand, Joker will get Scarecrow's time in sequel.

It sounds... not so great for me. Joker will get 3-4 scenes as maximum. 2 fights with Batman, and 1-2 scenes with only himself.

Penguin will get Falcone's time. 1-2 scenes.

But Harvey Dent will get big role in this movie, because he is going to be the main villian in BB3.

I hope Joker will come back in BB3.

bdsproductions said:
"the koker" oh you mean "The Coker" a man who fell into a vat of Cocaine and became a drugged up serial killer with white skin.

Ps i LOVE the idea of it being darker!.

Sorry, The Joker.

MrZombay said:

Just as long as you just show Joker swinging the crowbar.....and as long as they don't show blood being splattered everywhere like in Kill Bill and Sin City, then it will pass for PG-13. They key for a film to remain PG-13 is keeping the blood and gore to a minimum....like showing Batman have a bleeding lip or just show some bumps and bruises here and there...or have enemies that Batman beats on with some blood coming out of nose or something. The other key is to not show nudity.....and keep the cursing to maybe one or two cuss words.

Keyser Sushi said:
I don't think Joker's gonna do that. People who know how to write him know that he's usually much more creative with his crimes... that's his thing, he's creative. Almost artistic.

But even if he did, it's easy to keep it PG-13 by not showing too much gore. I mean in BB Batman smashed a guy's face into a mirror while the guy was taking a leak. We knew he was taking a leak but you never saw his stream or his dork; you saw his head hit the mirror and the mirror shatter, but you never saw what exactly happened to the guy, yet common sense tells us that his face was a bloody mess. Nolan didn't have to SHOW it.

Exactly.....even though I would have liked to see more bruises on Bruces face after getting beaten by Ra's in the beginning....

Keyser Sushi said:

Exactly. Perfectly stated, bud. I mean, in terms of fighting and gore...BEGINS was very liberal and the most violatile of any of the Batman movies, yet it still didn't HAVE to show all results to give it an R rating. Batman is one of the most adult heroes, and THE most adult of the mainstream, but he shouldn't be exclusive to just adults. That would be negating the chance for a future generation of bat-fans to experience what you did as a child with the comic, and live action movies.

I mean BEGINS was plenty dark and violent. Batman / Bruce Wayne: Breaks someone's leg in prison; Hits someone's hand down as they are trying to shoot him, thus hitting the other's thug's foot; Batman breaks a thug's arm in Arkham's basement; Batman rams Crane's face into a concrete wall for not giving him proper info, And proceeded to give the League of Shadows a whooping they will never forget. :up:

As far as the movie's theme and tone being 'darker'...I have no problem. Let Batman II, be as someone said, the "Empire Strikes Back" of the Batman series...where for the first time it looks as though Batman and allies look like they come out on the loosing end, thus making it seems as though Gotham is in a seriously worse way than it EVER has been before.
~ Mobs v.s. the Freaks.
~ Harvey's psyche slipping.
~ Bruce questioning his worth to the city, and the effect his monster has had.
~ Bruce's moral judgement of killing v.s. not killing.
~ Found deeper corruption within the political and law enforcement landscape of Gotham.
~ The havoc reaked by "Joker" killer.

StorminNorman said:
This makes me very happy - now if they can only announce Bettany being cast as Mista J I will be a laetus puer!

Hell, if Bettany is cast as Joker I will post naked pictures of myself.

just hear swoosh thud and crunch sound effects,realistic,not cartoony and screams and begging like the guy/girl is chokeing on blood.

I remember last year(right before Batman Begins was released)on Batman-On-Film.com Chris Nolan stated that he wanted to release the sequel as both PG-13 for theaters and a R-rated director's cut for dvd.

BigCityBoy said:
I remember last year(right before Batman Begins was released)on Batman-On-Film.com Chris Nolan stated that he wanted to release the sequel as both PG-13 for theaters and a R-rated director's cut for dvd.

Really? I always thought that Nolan didn't want any sort of Director's Cuts. I know that he was asked if the Stage-2 transformation of Scarecrow would be put into a director's cut and his respone was something like "No, I cut what I wanted to cut and what you get is the movie I wanted".
I must have missed the quote you are talking about, but an R-rated cut would be pretty sweet.

Keyser Sushi said:
MrZombay said:

jkrart11.gif

El Payaso said:

Yeah, but most people would have just beaten him to death with a crowbar. Joker beat the crap out of him witha crowbar, then blew him up for good measure. The explosion showed that little extra pizazz the Joker is known for.

I'm ok with the bomb. Just don't rule out the crowbar.

LOL!!! Yeah I'm familiar with the end of "A Death in the Family," Ellie. I'm just saying, the Joker is usually more creative than that. Yeah there was the bomb, and Jason's mother being present, which really makes it more a Joker thing... but to be honest I think even that was a little uninspired on the part of the Joker.

I mean, dumping a wheelchair guy into a shark tank? That's some twisted humor. That's Joker-worthy. Beating a kid to death with a crowbar and blowing him up? That's... just not as inspired... if you see what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"