Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telltale is killing it with Batman. Latest episode was a bit disappointing to me, but otherwise they delivered one of most interesting and fresh Batman stories I've encountered in a long time.

Thank God that "Thomas Wayne Jr." thing turned out to be false, because that was straight up lame :hehe:

There is a problem... and I don't think it could be remedied by having Simon Hurt and TMW/LM masquerading as Bruce's deceased family members... I sort of like that idea, but it wouldn't work in these films... hell, not even the comics :p

TCOO... I like them because they had a hand in creating Gotham and having their fingers in every pie concerning the city's infrastructure. I thought they were terrifying because they really made you feel that Gotham was never under Bruce's control.
I believe you could gain a masterful detective story with Bruce searching for the clues in the smallest fabrics of Gotham's architecture, infiltrating and investigating suspected members of the society.

I'm just concerned of who should be the head figure... it would be totally messed up if it was Simon Hurt in the role, played by JDM... a sort of marriage between The Black Hand and TCOO for the purpose of the story :hmm

It really was lame. :hehe:
I agree with you about that particular appeal and potential for a detective story that hits on a personal level (especially since this Batman seems to reman an urban legend to many himself) TCOO has, though as much as it would be great to see JDM again in DCEU, I don't think it would rectify the main villain problem, as they're both pretty underwhelming, as we already concluded. I believe some fresh changes that deviate a bit from these respective comics would have to be made for the film.

I would love it if they did a Thomas Wayne Jr and Court of Owls story. I thought it was good. Not that I would expect it to end up good in the DCEU though.

I'd rather they go with Raptor from Tim Seeley's Nightwing if they want COO/Lincoln March, atleast he's a much better character with a much better gimmick. Also if Slade is going to be working for someone then I'd rather it be a villain of stature not some nobodies in owl masks who even their own creator doesn't care for. Scott Snyder hasn't even touched the Owls since the story line 5 years ago.
Besides the current season of Gotham is using the COO and doing a variation of the Thomas Wayne story so I find its chances of making it in to Affleck's movie slim. I'm certain Affleck will go with the 80's and 90's Batman comics as his source of reference and Johns will go with his own stuff. I doubt any modern era comics will be on their radar excluding UTRH.

So Aquaman just got pushed back to October. Hmmmm

I think WB wants Batman back in the late July 2018 spot, hence them moving Aquaman to October.

Sounds about right. They're shooting in 2017 so it makes sense.

I've been thinking about that for a while. Batman in July.

Like Christmas.

Court of Owls, complete with Talons and Lincoln March, should definitely be the go-too for any shadow organization manipulating Gotham and potentially hiring Deathstroke. There are only so many iconic villains left that can carry their own film, and the Court/Talons have some great iconography.

Me, I'm still hoping that this plot will be integral with the Red Hood. Maybe Deathstroke gets hired by the mob to take out Jason?

Speaking of christmas, I would love to see a snowy Gotham in this film.

Speaking of christmas, I would love to see a snowy Gotham in this film.
icon14.gif

Hell yes to the snowy Gotham. Snowy nights and steam going out of pipes and manholes...

Beautiful, I love this news. Reminds me of when Marvel made a deal with SONY for Spider-Man. They shoved him in the July 2017 slot and pushed everyone else back a 4-5 months ultimately knocking the Inhumans out of the lineup, for now.

The popular kids always get better treatment! Sorry Momoa...

Aquaman should really be a summer spectacle flick considering the type of character it is, but whatever.

With Live by Night coming out in the next couple of weeks, hopefully we hear more about The Batman soon.

Hell yeah. We haven't seen a snowy Gotham since the last Batman movie. Long time coming.

winter in gotham is absolute bliss

surprised snyder didn't take advantage of its visual potential in BvS

With Live by Night coming out in the next couple of weeks, hopefully we hear more about The Batman soon.

I'm sure Ben will enjoy being asked more about The Batman than Live by Night like last time with The Accountant :funny:

I'm sure Ben will enjoy being asked more about The Batman than Live by Night like last time with The Accountant :funny:

I won't be surprised if his publicist starts telling interviewers to not ask Batman questions

Actually I'm surprised it hasn't happened already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"