Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
VBVLajw.jpg

Looks like Hammer might be in the Batman instead of JL

I think we've found our Nightwing...

just give me Grayson pls. Would like Hal but I don't see that happening any time soon

Hammer as Nightwing would be pretty cool. I'd throw in for that.

I always assumed it was for Batman and not JL.

Id be down for him as nightwing. What if he was a younger version of batfleck?

My first thought was Harvey Dent but Nightwing is a very good bet.

If this pans out, it's nice for Hammer that he finally gets to be in a DC movie.:yay:

Armie Hammer is Batgirl. Confirmed by Geoff Johns.

Armie Hammer is Batgirl. Confirmed by Geoff Johns.

Trans Batgirl, very progressive move by WB and DC

Batgirl being taller than Batman will take some getting used to, but it's for the best I guess.

Is it wrong that I can easily imagine him as Batgirl?

Also, is it wrong that I don't regret having this image etched in my mind?

And if he plays Nightwing, will his ass be enhanced with prosthetics? Or perhaps CGI?

So many questions...

Trans Batgirl, very progressive move by WB and DC

Batgirl being taller than Batman will take some getting used to, but it's for the best I guess.

Have you seen her in the Arkham games? Ripped than a mother****er.

On this sidekick talk, since I'm guessing we're getting a seasoned Nightwing at some point in this universe, would people want to see this Batman have a young sidekick that works with him (that we maybe just haven't seen yet)? Especially since Chris O'Donnell was, I believe, in his 20s when he first played Robin in Batman Forever and already looked more like a young adult than a troubled kid.

Not talking like Chloe Moretz as Hit-Girl young, but someone who could pass as or look age-appropriate, similar to how Tom Holland looks younger than Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield did on their first outings as Peter Parker, even though Holland is already 20.

On this sidekick talk, since I'm guessing we're getting a seasoned Nightwing at some point in this universe, would people want to see this Batman have a young sidekick that works with him (that we maybe just haven't seen yet)? Especially since Chris O'Donnell was, I believe, in his 20s when he first played Robin in Batman Forever and already looked more like a young adult than a troubled kid.

Not talking like Chloe Moretz as Hit-Girl young, but someone who could pass as or look age-appropriate, similar to how Tom Holland looks younger than Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield did on their first outings as Peter Parker, even though Holland is already 20.

No, I never had desire to see Robin alongside Batman in live action. As much as I like Tim, one Robin that went on his own (Dick) and one that is dead/"resurrected" (Jason) is more than enough for this universe. I don't want to see Batfleck taking any more Robins. Most I'd take is Barbara, if she always had a role of Oracle and was not a costumed hero.

I'd say that this whole extended bat family has gone too far in the past two decades and as such don't even work well for the comics and the world Batman inhabits. Only time it was used well and actually worked for the story being told was in "War Games" arc. Other than that it is more of a drag than anything else.

Dick, Barbara, Jason and Tim are pretty much the farthest I'm willing to go

The other batfamily characters are great but it would be far too much on screen for right now.

No, I never had desire to see Robin alongside Batman in live action. As much as I like Tim, one Robin that went on his own (Dick) and one that is dead/"resurrected" (Jason) is more than enough for this universe. I don't want to see Batfleck taking any more Robins. Most I'd take is Barbara, if she always had a role of Oracle and was not a costumed hero.

I'd say that this whole extended bat family has gone too far in the past two decades and as such don't even work well for the comics and the world Batman inhabits. Only time it was used well and actually worked for the story being told was in "War Games" arc. Other than that it is more of a drag than anything else.

I disagree. I think the Bat-family is uniquely interesting due to having so many faces apart of it. And in some way, I think it only strengthens Batman's character to have him acting as a father figure to these individuals who aspire to relay the same message he does across Gotham.

I won't cry if it doesn't happen, but I'd love to see Tim Drake appear at some point in the DCEU.

Problem with big bat family is that Batman is basically a lieutenant that has an army on his disposal he could call on any time. It doesn't work in the stories when he has to face challenges alone (so, pretty much, most of them) and takes away from the experience.

It also makes it strange how crime persists in Gotham despite having Nightwing (occasionally), Robin, Red Robin, Batgirl (Barbara or Cassandra), Batwoman, Red Hood, Huntress, Spoler, etc. patrolling the streets of Gotham. It also makes much less of an one man's crusade against crime in a corrupted city and more of a city populated with two gangs that keep fighting on the expense of both police and civilians - costumed "freaks" and actual criminals. It was something "War Games" depicted well. Thankfully, the arc ended up with Batman being "alone" again. Unfortunately, not for long.

While the aspect of Batman inspiring so many crimefighters is certainly an interesting one, for reasons stated above, I don't think it works even in the comics and much less in live action.

Last edited:
In this universe, there shouldn't be an active Robin, IMO. Bruce should only have two Robins: Dick, who becomes Nightwing, and Jason, who is either dead or becomes Red Hood.

I wouldn't mind see Barbara as Batgirl. After that, I have no desire to see anyone else.

I wouldn't say he's underrated. For a long time, he was the most overrated Robin, and I say that as a fan of 90's/Early 00's Tim.

I wouldn't say he's underrated. For a long time, he was the most overrated Robin, and I say that as a fan of 90's/Early 00's Tim.

He is underused in some media, though. I don't think he ever appeared in animated movie, while Dick, Jason and Damian did.

I'm the polar opposite. I think it's high time we get the proper Batman/Robin dynamic in live action. We have Dick whose grown and moved on and Jason who died and came back. Having him take a new Robin (Or theoretically Batgirl) completes the emotional recovery from Jason's death.

Tim definitely got a boost in the late 90's/early 2000s partially thanks to The New Batman Adventures portrayal of him and Jason's origin being fused.

Always liked him and hope to see him get his due on screen one day. But I can understand any director's hesitation with taking on an active Robin. It's a tall task until someone actually executes it effectively.

I'm the polar opposite. I think it's high time we get the proper Batman/Robin dynamic in live action. We have Dick whose grown and moved on and Jason who died and came back. Having him take a new Robin (Or theoretically Batgirl) completes the emotional recovery from Jason's death.

I am inclined to agree with completing emotional recovery by taking in new Robin, but I find that Justice League already serves that purpose in this universe. More so if they make Bruce and Barry dynamic a bit akin to that of mentor and his student.

You're right, underrated was the wrong term. I meant under-used in the media, at least outside of The New Batman Adventures.

Dick is constantly used and even if he isn't appearing in the flesh, there's almost always a Jason Todd reference to be found somewhere.

I'd just like Drake to be able to hit that level if nothing else.

Give me Nightwing and Oracle, and I'm content. Make it so that they had a falling-out with Bruce after he went off the deep end post-Metropolis, and have since moved to Bludhaven. The Batman films (however many there end up being) can deal with Bruce trying to make amends with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"