Best 3D Sonic Game?

Dangerous

Avenger
Reaction score
Since going 3D in 1997 Sonic the hedgehog has not always translated as well into a 3D game world as Sega would have hoped him to. Not all of the 3D sonic games have been crap tho, pick which one you think was the best. I know which I think is the best.

I would say SA2, but considering how painful the Knuckles and Rouge levels were and the pure sucktitude of the mecha parts, I'll give it to Rings. Its pure speed, but with a decent level design (unlike its horrible 360/PS3 cousin).

I've only played SA2 and Heroes on Gamecube. Neither were great. I may rent Secret Rings since it has been getting decent reviews.

What, no "Sonic 3D Blast"???? :D

Definitely the first "Sonic Adventures". I loved how there was, in a way, 6 different games/storylines that crossed paths at different points in the timeline. You could play all as one character and beat the game, or play as all characters and see the real ending, and see the whole storyline from everyone's point-of-view. For example, while playing as Sonic, Knuckles seems like a little prick, but when you play Knuckles' story, you realize why he was being the way he was.

Very very nice game that didn't force you to play as the more boing and annoying characters (Big the Cat, anyone) if you didn't want to.

Critics have been saying Secret Rings is the best. So I'll just go with them (I haven't played most of the 3D Sonic Games).

Played them all, and it's a cross between Dreamcast's "Sonic Adventure" and Wii's "Secret Rings".

I think Secret Rings edges it out... but sadly, despite being one of the greatest characters in early video game history, Sonic hasn't translated well in the 3D era... so neither of those games have to specifically shine too much to be called the "best"... but I did dig those two.

I think the original Sonic Adventure was the best. It had such a WOW factor and got me to buy a DC. SA2 was also good but the rest that Ive played (non next gen) have sucked. You didnt mention Shadow the Hedgehog which Id include but I can see why technically it might not be

Secret Rings, definitely. It's still far from perfect, but it's on the right track.

Sonic 2 for sega genesis was pretty much the only Sonic game I've ever played. The 2 player battle game was fun as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"