Sonic The Hedgehog.

Even the IGN shilling can't really hide the issues with the game.

Releasing a day before God of War Ragnarok. What could go wrong?

Releasing a day before God of War Ragnarok. What could go wrong?

Probably betting on Nintendo to save the sales. Which, a week after Bayo 3 and 2 weeks before Pokemon, its a bold move.

There seems to be no hype for Frontiers at all but I am really liking the look of it. Gonna buy it as a side game whilst I finish a few others off.

There seems to be no hype for Frontiers at all but I am really liking the look of it. Gonna buy it as a side game whilst I finish a few others off.
I was just coming here to say the same thing. :funny:

They posted the Prologue on YouTube and it had like 100K views.

I was just coming here to say the same thing. :funny:

They posted the Prologue on YouTube and it had like 100K views.

Strange. I like the Sonic games as light fun though which I sometimes need after a heavy day at work. So will be getting this next week.

Strange. I like the Sonic games as light fun though which I sometimes need after a heavy day at work. So will be getting this next week.
I didn't care for whatever edge they were going for in Forces.

I liked Mania, but it's really unfortunate that the best Sonic game of the last decade was a throwback to the Genesis era and is basically just an officially supported fangame. And the last really good 3D Sonic game was over a decade ago and was also a glorified greatest hits collection of levels, this series is just so damn frustrating. I hope Frontiers ends up being good, the more recent footage has all been pretty promising and it might give the series an opportunity to finally progress without being overly reliant on past succeses.

So reviews for Frontiers seem fine so far. Lots of 7s and 8s which, as you'd expect, given this franchise's ups and downs, the Sonic fandom is overjoyed to see.

Even though this game doesn't target the same demographic as God of War, I am curious how it will do given the games are out so close to one another.

I pre-ordered this one so am glad to see the reviews have been decent.

GoW: R I am saving until I give it my full attention.

It took me a minute to adjust to this type of gameplay, but I'm enjoying it tbh. The boss fights are pretty fun. The best boss fight I've had so far was against "Giganto" I'm working my way through the second island/map.

Same as above. I started this proper last night and it's actually really fun. Familiar but plenty of new stuff thrown in also.

I just finished the game. The boss battles are my favorite! And the mini boss battles are a lot of fun. Actually ended up really enjoying the game overall. The soundtrack is seriously really good as well! And the story was solid. Bringing the Sonic comic book writer (Ian Flynn) was a smart move and hope they bring jim back for future Sonic video games.

Also, if you haven't watched the prologue to Sonic Frontiers, well worth it for the animatiom style alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"