Sonic Returns in New 2D, HD Game.

Mogwai

Fanboy
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5355153/sonic-returns-in-new-2d-hd-game
It appears that Sega may actually have been listening. After years and years of (mostly) awful 3D Sonic games, the company is now teasing something called "Project Needlemouse", billed as a return to the Sonic of old.

"Old-school Sonic fans have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay" says Sega of America's Ken Balough. "Many liked the daytime stages in Unleashed, but wanted to see a game that plays purely similar to the early games of the Genesis. Project Needlemouse is that critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots."

The teaser clip's tagline reads "Speed returns, in an all new 2D adventure built from the ground up", with Balough confirming the game will, rather than be a retro-remake, be an all-new game built in HD.

It'll be out in 2010. No word on platforms, but the "HD" bit certainly narrows it down. What do you think, Sega fans? Do you dare to hope

A new Sonic would be cool. I like the old school approach.

Last edited:
I'm not ashamed to admit to admit that even after having been burned by Sega so many times, seeing the teaser for this new game gave me real sense of nostalgia and hope that the Sonic the Hedgehog we all fondly remember will finally make a return. But! There's always a but. Of course I do realize that this the same Sega that has given us such classics as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

If I'm playing this game, and in the beginning it's as great as we all hope, but then you suddenly have to play as Rouge the Bat or one of Sonic's other ****** friends...I swear to god I'll throw my console out the damn window. Haha. :hehe:

Not really, but I'll definately be pissed.:o

This better have only Tails, Knucles, Robotnik and Amy in it. You know people that were around in the 2-D era as opposed to ****tard characters like Big, Shadow, and Rouge.

I think it'd be awesome if they pull it off.

2D Gameplay can survive, and succeed, so long as the graphics hold up it's end of the deal. Give the illusion of 3D, and people should be happy so long as the old school gameplay is there.

I'm pretty happy with this news.

So Sega FINALLY decided to listen to the fans?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I really hope their promise of a return to the great days of Sonic is true. Can't wait to find out how this looks.

PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE be a good sonic game..i rank sonic as my favourite games character..sonic unleashed was fantastic..till the bleedin werehog levels,sonic the hedgehog on ps3/xbox360 was tripe,we need a great sonic game...fingers crossed!!!!

i'm hoping this will be sonic's comeback. please sega, PLEASE?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"