Best Action Scene

Now that I've seen it twice I can vote. The final battle for me.

Mjölnir;27167079 said:
Now that I've seen it twice I can vote. The final battle for me.

Cool cool was the final battle as comedic as some are making it seem?

Invasion of Asgard scene for me.
Honestly, after Heimdahl did his badass attack, when the ships started flying in and the defense were raised, it had a really epic-Star Wars type feel going on, which, while contrasting with the more fantastical setting of Thor, made for a really awesome battle. Plus they followed it up with the beautifully done funeral scene.

I'm wondering why Kurse was able to deflect Mjolnir (that seems like a huge controversial event in the movie).
Does that mean that Maleketh is more powerful than Odin since his infusing of Kurse is able to combat the enchantment placed on Mjolnir by Odin? But then Mjolnir's lightning was able to scar Maleketh and seemed to worry him.
Wondering then if Kurse would actually be able to lift the hammer through the enchantment.

Bor and The Asgardians vs The Dark Elves really blew me away, The Asgardians fought with such superhuman ferocity. The Invasion of Asgard, and the fight with Kurse was also better than I expected them to be.

I'm gonna have to go with either Bor's battle, The Invasion of Asgard, or the final fight with Malekith.

I like fierceness in the battle sequences that were clearly more "Game of Thrones" style . As for my favorite battle that's kinda tough.

1. Opening Battle with Bor
2. Thor vs. Malekith final battle
3. The Invasion of Asgard
4. Thor & Loki vs Malekith & Kurse

Man, this was so tough. I went with the final battle, but I seriously considered each option. This has the best action of any MCU film, methinks.

I did not like the final battle at all.

The rest of the action was pretty good though. My favorite was either the opening Asgard vs Dark Elves or Kurse vs Thor... Hard to choose between those but ended up voting for the former.

Last edited:
I really liked the attack on Asgard Hands down had to be the best scene from the movie. Also I liked the escape from Asgard sequence as well The Final Battle was okay the rest of the action was pretty decent

The finale with everyone teleporting around was insanely entertaining. One of my favorite comic book movie showdowns.

I really liked the creativity behind the final battle, like damn that was so entertaining. Plus we got to see Thor really go ballistic and stand his ground against an immensely powerful foe at the apex of his power (with the fate of all nine realms on the balance just to add to the pressure).

And that they could throw in some humorous moments despite the circumstances is also impressive.

That being said, I love that they were able to mix fantasy elements with sci fi. I could actually buy that while Asgardians like their swords and shields, they're still advanced enough to compete in the cosmic field. I'm totally ready for Guardians now that I see that they can implement such a feel in the MCU.

Yes the final battle was insane. Very very well done. Personally I feel The Dark World has the best action out of all of the MCU films - yes even better than Avengers. This pleases me because I felt Marvel owed us after the small budget on the first Thor.

Hated the final battle. Jumper did it way better. It was nothing more than hey let's throw as many jokes as possible using this stupid gimmick we have. Plus it went on for way too long. And the world almost ends because Thor is stuck on a subway, my God just atrocious writing. Effin embarrassing.

The invasion was easily my favourite, everything looked cool. Malekith was still a decent villain at the time, Kurse was bad ass and it had some great action

Well with Thor's hammer in space how exactly was he getting back to Greenwich?

The attack on Asgard was my favourite followed by Thor vs Kurse.

Hated the final battle. Jumper did it way better. It was nothing more than hey let's throw as many jokes as possible using this stupid gimmick we have. Plus it went on for way too long. And the world almost ends because Thor is stuck on a subway, my God just atrocious writing. Effin embarrassing.

Agreed. Hell i wouldn't even call it a battle just a few short fights interspliced with science people doing sciency things and two interns running.

Well with Thor's hammer in space how exactly was he getting back to Greenwich?

I dont care. Think of something better, have Malekith knock him out, have him get stuck in a jumper hole, took me 3 seconds to come up with less embarrassing things then what paid writers did. Just terrible

I dont care. Think of something better, have Malekith knock him out, have him get stuck in a jumper hole, took me 3 seconds to come up with less embarrassing things then what paid writers did. Just terrible

How is Malekith knocking him out or being stuck somewhere else better than what we got? And how is what we got embarrassing in the first place? Embarrassing to who?

...I wasn't embarrassed.

I dunno. I got a huge kick out of Thor having to take the train. My whole theater laughed out loud. And I thought it was clever to exploit a weakness of Thor's powers like that. The whole final action sequence was very creative. That's just my opinion though.

How is Malekith knocking him out or being stuck somewhere else better than what we got? And how is what we got embarrassing in the first place? Embarrassing to who?

...I wasn't embarrassed.

Malekith almost wins because Thor was stuck on a subway, he was stuck on a subway. Just read that sentence. The stupidity coming off of it is ridiculous. Its so stupid I can't believe someone actually came up with it. He wasn't off fighting some other minion, or stuck on another planet powerless to stop Malekith. He was stuck on a subway. An effin subway. Having him run back to the battle would have been better than that. Or how about he starts to run and then mjolnir comes in to save the day. The battle was already too long and tiresome and then they added that and ugh. just terrible.

I dunno. I got a huge kick out of Thor having to take the train. My whole theater laughed out loud. And I thought it was clever to exploit a weakness of Thor's powers like that. The whole final action sequence was very creative. That's just my opinion though.

Yep, that's what I got out of it was Thor's incredible dependance on Mjolnir in fights. Without it he is strong and has a reasonable invulnerability but can't cover distance. It gives Thor a vulnerability that means creating challenging situations for him can be done well.

Malekith almost wins because Thor was stuck on a subway, he was stuck on a subway. Just read that sentence. The stupidity coming off of it is ridiculous. Its so stupid I can't believe someone actually came up with it. He wasn't off fighting some other minion, or stuck on another planet powerless to stop Malekith. He was stuck on a subway. An effin subway. Having him run back to the battle would have been better than that. Or how about he starts to run and then mjolnir comes in to save the day. The battle was already too long and tiresome and then they added that and ugh. just terrible.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, of course. But the fact that you seem to be so offended by this on a personal level is just baffling to me.

Oh yeah, but that was, you see, so so funny. A superhero on a subway. Comedy gold right there. Because one of the passengers like leaned and fell a little on him. And that's... that's real. It has happened to me so I feel related to it and stuff.

Had Thor stopped to have some schwarma, and that'd have been some epic finale, you see.

Momma Thor's sword fight was off the hook!!! So woulda killed Malekith if not for Kurse!!!

she wa a bad sista!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"