Best and worst deaths in a comic book movie

Hal Jordan's dads death in Green Lantern. Supposed to be this tragic scene that creates depth and sympathy for Hal, but it was laughable, almost parody esque.

Rorschach's death was absolutely the best death in a superhero movie, and probably one of the best cinematic deaths ever. In fact I'd rate it considerably better than the original comic version. Jackie Earle Haley really brought his A game and delivered a truly heartbreaking performance.
I'd also mention the death scene of Edith Banner in Hulk was surprisingly powerful, David's Horrified and distraught expression of what he'd done,Edith's final urging of Bruce to run and that great imagery of Bruce watching as his mother finally collapsed in front of the distant Gamma Bomb, it provided in my opinion the best "origin" sequence of any comic book movie yet.

Superman (78) was on TV at the weekend here and I flicked it on for a while, as I always do when any comic book film is on ............... even if I've seen it like 100 times.

It's been a while since I watched the first part of the film and I forgot how sad Jonathan Kent's death was. Clark's feeling a bit down about being 'different', and Jonathan reassures him how special he is and how he's there to do something amazing. Very typical Jonathan Kent moment, sharing some of his wisdom.

Clark runs ahead and then we see Jonathan suddenly stop, hold his arm/wrist and realise that he's having a heart attack before uttering "Oh no........" and collapsing. Very moving performance by Glenn Ford.

Superman (78) was on TV at the weekend here and I flicked it on for a while, as I always do when any comic book film is on ............... even if I've seen it like 100 times.

It's been a while since I watched the first part of the film and I forgot how sad Jonathan Kent's death was. Clark's feeling a bit down about being 'different', and Jonathan reassures him how special he is and how he's there to do something amazing. Very typical Jonathan Kent moment, sharing some of his wisdom.

Clark runs ahead and then we see Jonathan suddenly stop, hold his arm/wrist and realise that he's having a heart attack before uttering "Oh no........" and collapsing. Very moving performance by Glenn Ford.

I have to agree, and that great line "All those powers, and I couldn't even save him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"