Best and worst fight scenes in comic book movies

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
What are the best and worst fight scenes in comic book movies?

The best I can recall is Spiderman vs Octopus, both in the bank/buildings fight and the clocktower/train one.

Best is Ozymandias vs Nite owl 2 and rorshach in Watchmen.

Worst is the penultimate batman vs ras fight in BB.

I really liked the fights in TDK with Batman always moving forward as a shark and breaking bones along the way, also I loved the chaotic and crazy nature of the Joker fighting style.
The fights in BB I didn't really care for.

Spidey vs. Ock is still the best, though I'm a fan of "hero vs. nameless goon" fights too, like Nightcrawler in the White House, Iron Man in the mideast, and Batman vs Falcone's goons.

Blood Rave in Blade
Blade vs. Random Vampire Mooks in Blade
Blade vs. Nomak Blade II
Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2
Peter Parker vs. Harry Osborn in Spider-Man 3

Spidery Vs. Ock, still has not been topped after 6 years.

Im thinking Iron Man 2 has a chance to debunk it but idk. If its not Iron Man 2 then definitely Avengers.

Best: Clocktower/train fight in Spidey 2.

Worst: Either the final battle in TIH or IM

Optimus Prime vs Megatron, Starscream and Grindor is the first to top Blade vs Nomak for me, so that is the best fight.

Worst would be, though I liked the movie better than most, the end fight of GR.

That Spidey-Ock on the clocktower/train is the best

Any of the fights from Blade Trinity sucked but especially the last one.

Worst fight scene?

Murdock vs. Elektra on the playground.

Lame.

Best?

Any Spidey vs. Ock fight in SM2

worst- every fight in Ghost Rider
Best- Nightcrawler in the White House

Best: HULK Vs Abom

Worst: Final fight in Elektra (Stab!)

The best is the train fight in Spider-Man 2. Hands down, no contest. I'm still riveted whenever I see it, and I've seen Spider-Man 2 countless times. No other comic book movie action sequence has come even close, in my opinion.

Now, the worst fight ... It's a tough one. Since the movie is still fresh in my mind, I'm going to have to go with any action sequence in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. In my opinion, the fight scenes in this movie were uninspired, boring, and they lacked any amount of suspense. When you know that Wolverine can heal from anything, then the audience's sense of danger for the protagonist is at an absolute zero. Also, how many times have the people seen Wolverine just senselessly stab people over and over? YAWN.

Best: Spidey vs Doc Ock on the clock tower/Train

Worst: Final battle in Spider-Man 3. Hated giant Sandman, the stupid corny reporters, kids etc. Whole sequence was lame.

Best : Spider-Man 3 / 2
Worst : Spider-Man 1
Best : Deadpool Vs. Wolverine
Worst : the adamnatium "fight" scene was cool,i liked it, but hugh needed some pants, therefore it gets a :down:
Best : Batman Vs. The Joker
Worst : Barbra vs. Ivy
Best Batman Vs. HL Joker
Worst...??!?!?

Worst fight scene?

Murdock vs. Elektra on the playground.

Lame.

Best?

Any Spidey vs. Ock fight in SM2

Yes this is hands down the worst. The playground scene even brings down the whole director's cut version. This is the worst.
A close second is the 1997 Batman and Robin figt scene on ice skates, where they are jumping in the air and doing pirouettes and other ballet type moves.

The best? Almost all the fights in the first 1998 Blade Movie. You can also say the first Matrix movie if you want to count that, because it did become a comic after it was a hit movie.

Last edited:
BEST: Hulk vs Military (The Hulk), Spider-man vs Dr.Octopus, and Optimus Prime vs Megatron (Transformers)

Worst: Matt Murdock vs Elektra at the playground, Catwoman vs Sharon Stone final battle

Best: Hulk vs Military (Hulk) Daredevil obliterating everyone in the bar, Elektra vs Bullseye, Daredevil vs Kingpin (Daredevil) Spidey vs Doc Ock (SM-2) Iron Man vs Ten Rings (Iron Man) Blade against anyone in all the Blade movies. Wade Wilson vs Bullets. Logan and Creed vs Weapon XI. Nightcrawler vs White House

Worst: Any fight scene in TDK, Hulk vs Abom, Iron Man vs Iron Monger, Matt Murdock vs Elektra in the playground.

There's more, but brain is not functioning properly at this time.

Best:
Final Battle in TIH
Nightcrawler/white house X2
Deadpool Swinging swords in beginning of Wolverine

Worst:
Final Battle in Batman Begins- Too choppy
Ghost Rider-any fight scenes- it was as if they were afraid to let him move, he seemed very still? idk i can't think of the right word

I really hope iron man 2 has better fight sequences than the first. the first didnt have the greatest fight sequences but its because its an origin movie, but yea, i think iron man 2 will have an improvement over the fighting scenes

Best:
Final Battle in TIH
Nightcrawler/white house X2
Deadpool Swinging swords in beginning of Wolverine

Worst:
Final Battle in Batman Begins- Too choppy
Ghost Rider-any fight scenes- it was as if they were afraid to let him move, he seemed very still? idk i can't think of the right word

I really hope iron man 2 has better fight sequences than the first. the first didnt have the greatest fight sequences but its because its an origin movie, but yea, i think iron man 2 will have an improvement over the fighting scenes

Static?

:hehe: It was indeed. The only action scene that really stood out for me in G-R was the part where he rides down that building and smashes into the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"