Best and worst changes in an movie adaption of a comic book

It's Spider-Man, what's "believable" shouldn't be a hot topic. Unless, of course, Peter shops at Hot Topic, then you have to question is it believable that Raimi had gone to the dark side of the moon.

It's Spider-Man, what's "believable" shouldn't be a hot topic. Unless, of course, Peter shops at Hot Topic, then you have to question is it believable that Raimi had gone to the dark side of the moon.

The thing with that is, to me, suspension of disbelief covers Peter making web fluid. It doesn't cover him not selling it to make a fortune and solve the money issues he constantly *****es about. That's just holding the idiot ball.

Worst:

Hands down it was nanomeds in Anghulk. MOTHER****ING NANOMEDS!!
Then nixing Rick Jones, Gamma bomb, etc.
Then Absorbing Dad.

Best:

Updating Iron Man from Viet-Nam to Afganistan.
Charles's paralysis in the X-Men caused by Magneto's blind hatred rather than by some alien named Lucifer.

The thing with that is, to me, suspension of disbelief covers Peter making web fluid. It doesn't cover him not selling it to make a fortune and solve the money issues he constantly *****es about. That's just holding the idiot ball.

Does your suspension of disbelief think that not making money out of his own super-powers is holding the idiot ball too?

Because Peter not making money out of his web fluid invention obeys the same rule as to not make money out of his powers. Uncle Ben died because he favored making money before helping others. He's not selling the fluid formula because fo the same thing.

Does your suspension of disbelief think that not making money out of his own super-powers is holding the idiot ball too?

Because he *****es about being financially challenged, yet never even considers doing so, yes.

Because Peter not making money out of his web fluid invention obeys the same rule as to not make money out of his powers. Uncle Ben died because he favored making money before helping others. He's not selling the fluid formula because fo the same thing.

I don't buy it. Uncle Ben didn't die because Peter was using his powers to make money, he died because Peter was too arrogant and full of himself to stop the burglar when he had the chance. Well, actually Uncle Ben died because he tried to confront an armed burglar, but arrogance is why Peter didn't prevent it. My point is that, Peter could still be making money from his powers and Uncle Ben live if he had stopped the burglar. Making money from his powers is not, in any way, evil or irresponsible, at least in and of itself. The sin was his inaction to stop the burglar, not making money.
Uncle Ben's saying was, "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility." It wasn't, "With Great Power comes Great Poverty." or "With Great Responsibility comes Great Poverty."

Because he *****es about being financially challenged, yet never even considers doing so, yes.

So yes what. Does he have to go back to TV shows and wrestling?

I don't buy it. Uncle Ben didn't die because Peter was using his powers to make money, he died because Peter was too arrogant and full of himself to stop the burglar when he had the chance. Well, actually Uncle Ben died because he tried to confront an armed burglar, but arrogance is why Peter didn't prevent it. My point is that, Peter could still be making money from his powers and Uncle Ben live if he had stopped the burglar. Making money from his powers is not, in any way, evil or irresponsible, at least in and of itself. The sin was his inaction to stop the burglar, not making money.
Uncle Ben's saying was, "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility." It wasn't, "With Great Power comes Great Poverty." or "With Great Responsibility comes Great Poverty."

That's a more objective vision.

But Peter certainly doesn't share that perception. Otherwise he would say, 'okay, I'll go back to make money out of my powers BUT this time I'll stop any criminal that happens to run by me.'

But no.

He's not making money out of his powers. Not in the comics nor in any cartoon or movie. Not in any incarnation. And that, in Peter's case, in part of helping other people. It is necessary, because in order to make money you have to spend your time on that, and therefore not preventing or fighting crime as much as you could do. That's why Peter can't get out of poverty. And sure, he complains about it, but hey, he doesn't quit his mission.

A stupid decision? Maybe, but it's the core of what the character is. If you want to state how stupid the character is, go ahead.

With great power comes great responsibility, and with great responsibility comes great sacrifice.

So yes what. Does he have to go back to TV shows and wrestling?

Those aren't the only ways to make money from superpowers. He could also sell the webbing.

That's a more objective vision.

But Peter certainly doesn't share that perception. Otherwise he would say, 'okay, I'll go back to make money out of my powers BUT this time I'll stop any criminal that happens to run by me.'

But no.

He's not making money out of his powers. Not in the comics nor in any cartoon or movie. Not in any incarnation. And that, in Peter's case, in part of helping other people. It is necessary, because in order to make money you have to spend your time on that, and therefore not preventing or fighting crime as much as you could do. That's why Peter can't get out of poverty. And sure, he complains about it, but hey, he doesn't quit his mission.

A stupid decision? Maybe, but it's the core of what the character is. If you want to state how stupid the character is, go ahead.

With great power comes great responsibility, and with great responsibility comes great sacrifice.

Why has this never been addressed? Just have Peter ***** about not having money, someone suggests either selling the web fluid or whatever, then Peter explains why doesn't do that. That's all would need. But no, it never comes up. The way I see it, he's been Spider-Man 15 years (before OMD, 10 post-OMD), he should have come to terms with this fact by now.

Those aren't the only ways to make money from superpowers. He could also sell the webbing.

Why has this never been addressed? Just have Peter ***** about not having money, someone suggests either selling the web fluid or whatever, then Peter explains why doesn't do that. That's all would need. But no, it never comes up. The way I see it, he's been Spider-Man 15 years (before OMD, 10 post-OMD), he should have come to terms with this fact by now.

It was addressed in episode 1. Peter feels guilty about Uncle Ben's death and thus he's not profiting from his powers, he's attaching them to the responsibility of helping others.

Now, we have another obvious reason which is that he would be immediately attached to Spiderman.

And he probably doesn't want to give his enemies the very weapons he uses against them.

He might as well make a research about how spiders can give people super-powers, but hey...

It's all silly. But organic web shooters make sense from a story perspective. If he's endowed with the other characteristics of a spider, why shouldn't his body be able to produce webs?

It reeks of fanboy *****ing for the sake of *****ing.

It's all silly. But organic web shooters make sense from a story perspective. If he's endowed with the other characteristics of a spider, why shouldn't his body be able to produce webs?

And once again,

From his a** like a real spider?

I agree. I don't understand the opinions of people that biological webshooters (because even the mechanical webshooters are organic) somehow make Spider-Man into Man-Spider or whatever. For some reason, if he has the ability to stick to walls, spider-sense, super strength, and spider-reflexes, he's still human yet if has the ability to stick to walls, spider-sense, super strength, spider-reflexes, and biological webshooters, he's some sort of monster?

To me, it never made sense how Peter's webshooters never caused any bulge around the wrist in a costume so thin and tight that he can adhere to walls through it.

Organic webshooters are far from being an example of bad adaptation, it just came up unnecessary but inoffensive in the end.

What made the organic webshooters stupid wasn't the organic webshooters themselves but all kind of corny scenes Raimi made around them. Like Peter shooting webs in front of everybody making a craptastic humorous scene, or the terrible "up up and away web/Shazam!" routine.

the underground of the mansion in x-men and the room with cerebro turned out really great.

the suits in x-men were not good, the suits in the FF movies were actually good, i'm just referring to the the suits they wore not the characters just the suits.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't understand the opinions of people that biological webshooters (because even the mechanical webshooters are organic) somehow make Spider-Man into Man-Spider or whatever. For some reason, if he has the ability to stick to walls, spider-sense, super strength, and spider-reflexes, he's still human yet if has the ability to stick to walls, spider-sense, super strength, spider-reflexes, and biological webshooters, he's some sort of monster?

To me, it never made sense how Peter's webshooters never caused any bulge around the wrist in a costume so thin and tight that he can adhere to walls through it.

They did address that ASM 18, Spidey tried to sell his webbing to a company, but they were not interested because it dissolves in an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"