Supergirl Best Episode S1 vs. S2 VOTE!

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok ladies and gentlemen, we now have our Season Episode winners going head to head ......

This poll puts Kara vs. Kara, Plane vs. Space Ship and Alex stuck in a plane, vs. Alex stuck in a Space Ship....All I got to say is.....Poor Chyler, she gets killed in an Air Plane crash on Greys, she almost gets killed in a Plane Crash in S. 1 and almost killed in a Space Ship crash in S. 2. Maybe Chyler needs to stay away from flying objects.

We have for your polling pleasure......

Kara Saves The Plane Season 1 "Pilot" vs. Kara Saves the Space Ship Season 2 "Exodus".

vs.

Last edited:
Had to go with the plane save, although both of these would be worthy winners

I agree....these are two great choices....and I loved that we came down to 2 with Kara being the hero that she is....

Went for Exodus. Both scenes are great, but after two years, there is so more backstory in Exodus than in the Pilot.
In the Pilot Kara is basically just dealing with the plane. Carrying it and getting it down safe. In Exodus, she and Alex are face to face and there is so much more emotionally going on. It makes Exodus the richer experience.

I went for Exodus too. Definitely in the running for my favorite scene of the series, and honestly, the plane rescue didn't do much for me.

I like that both the finalists are scenes of Kara saving Alex, though. Danvers Sisters = heart of the show, imo. I guess the plane rescue just didn't resonate with me because I didn't even like Alex yet, lol.

Last edited:
I went for Exodus too. Definitely in the running for my favorite scene of the series, and honestly, the plane rescue didn't do much for me.

I like that both the finalists are scenes of Kara saving Alex, though. Danvers Sisters = heart of the show, imo. I guess the plane rescue just didn't resonate with me because I didn't even like Alex yet, lol.

I actually loved the scene AFTER the plane rescue more than the plane rescue.....that was when I feel in love with the series.

I really thought Alex was just gonna be the nagging big sis, like the one on Chuck, only...naggier, lol. Needless to say, I was very wrong. It took me a lot longer to be sold on the series, though. I first gave up on the show after about 3 episodes, then caught back up after hearing about Martian Manhunter. First scene that legitimately sold me though wasn't 'til "Hostile Takeover," and I wasn't well and truly hooked until "For the Girl Who Has Everything."

I WOULD have been hooked by that scene in "Red Faced" where Kara solar flares unloading all her emotional baggage on Red Tornado...IF Red Tornado hadn't looked so damn goofy it took me right out of the scene. That's what the series was to me in the beginning - some potentially good stuff undercut by some seriously distracting eye-roll-inducing stuff, lol. Thankfully I feel they've smoothed out a lot of that eye-roll-inducing stuff in S2. It's still there, imo, but generally far less overt and distracting than it used to be. There's a confidence in the show's production and tone that works better now, imo.

I think it was around the 4th or 5th episode of Supergirl that I started watching Supergirl live. The first few episodes I was watching Gotham live and catching Supergirl the next day with OnDemand.
Something clicked about then, I think it was the episode where Supergirl stopped the train. I decided Supergirl was a lot more fun and have been watching Supergirl live ever since and watching Gotham with OnDemand when they conflict.
Never had a problem with Red Tornado because he looked like what a robot made of a polymer was supposed to look like. Basically a cloth robot. I guess people were expecting him to look like Iron Man or something made of metal.
Which really doesn't make much sense for something that is supposed to fly. I actually thought the design of Red Tornado was kind of clever. Like someone put some actual thought in the physics of a flying robot.

yeah....that was episode 4 that was supposed to be episode 5.... "How Does She Do It?"

That was the episode that I thought they finally found some footing...and it got better from there.

I voted for the scene from Exodus, which was a big highlight from season 2.

The scene from the pilot episode is good, but didn't stand out quite as much for me.

My choice...the plane save from the pilot...AN ABSOLUTE HEART RACER!

I'm going to give you guys a little extra time with your homework....

Be looking for your "funniest scene" from Season 2.....that is our next poll. :)

BUT, don't put the video in this thread....I'll have the Nomination thread up and going in a day or so.

I love the hand on the windscreen moment between Kara and Alex in the alien ship saving sequence, but I had to go for the plane save from the pilot, I just get the feels every time I think of it. :O

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*sighs*

well good grief...

2r254yo.gif

Last edited:
The poll has a few more days to stay up....so we will see.

Can I say, I broke it?

Just the role I wanted. Tiebreaker. :ftc:

Went with Exodus because I knew more about their relationship in Exodus.

Last edited:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! LOL

Honestly though, either of these are great choices.....I was really happy with how this one ended....both are great choices. BUT... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... ;)

Normally our average of voters is about 17, but I'm sure there are a few more that haven't voted....and they have a couple of more days....on Thursday I will put up the Funniest Scene Season 2 poll, and we will begin that phase of our "Summer Polls"...

Hey, I didn't realise this was a s1 vs s2 poll. I thought it was just a head to head between two of the top choices for season 1. I would've still voted for my choice anyway though.

So you didn't realize that Exodus was in Season 2 not Season 1?????? What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"