Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 1 - "The Adventures of Supergirl" MAJOR SPOILERS

I was watching Kieralinn's reaction to Supergirl S2E1 and she had to rant at the end of the video, which is what everyone is saying, including me. She, like me, is so sick of the Chris Reeve Superman still being used in current day media versions of the character, and this includes Hoechlin's version here. Demanding everyone to move on. And yes, like me and everyone else, she prefers Cavill's Superman.

Yeah, I agree. Guys, MOVE. ON.

Not me, I hate Cavill's Superman.

Hate is such a strong word.... :(

And yet it is used so regularly on these boards.

For what it is worth, I have never hated a live action Superman. Heck, I don't think there has ever been one I even disliked. All the actors have brought something to the role I enjoyed. It is only the poor costumes they put on some of them that deserve scorn imo.

Hate is such a strong word.... :(

And I only use it when I really mean it. Love is a strong word too, and I don't use it much either, but I hate Cavill's Superman, and love Melissa's Supergirl. So I guess you can say I have strong opinions on both haha.

And yet it is used so regularly on these boards.

For what it is worth, I have never hated a live action Superman. Heck, I don't think there has ever been one I even disliked. All the actors have brought something to the role I enjoyed. It is only the poor costumes they put on some of them that deserve scorn imo.

Hey! What poor costumes?

7b3417969380768633fd046d436b65fe.jpg

:funny:

General Lane should set his sights on another target - a green hulking giant that many claim roams the SW desert. :o

I suspect meeting General Lane would have General Ross reconsidering his own life. Either that, or feeling really smugly awesome about himself, on both ethical and competence grounds.

they are making alex fight super powered people it makes sense other wise she should use that jailer gear too . for capture purpose at first attempts strategisgys .

I can see why they wouldn't want to have her just use the Master Jailer armor. It was broadly capable of matching Supergirl, that's probably a little too much oomph. The justification would be "the stuff is too sophisticated, we can't really get it safely operational."

The exoskeleton from the finale is a different story, that'd be fine. Hell, we still don't know for sure it *wasn't* DEO tech.

I can see why they wouldn't want to have her just use the Master Jailer armor. It was broadly capable of matching Supergirl, that's probably a little too much oomph. The justification would be "the stuff is too sophisticated, we can't really get it safely operational."

The exoskeleton from the finale is a different story, that'd be fine. Hell, we still don't know for sure it *wasn't* DEO tech.

I assumed Alex's battle suit was Kryptonian tech. The Kryptonians were clever enough to create kryptonite resistant battle armour that was able to
ward off the enternal effects of kryptonite, only being vulerable to direct penetration by a kryptonite blade.

It seemed a tad weak for outright Kryptonian tech, at least to me. If not for the actual Kryptonite emitters on it, it certainly wouldn't have made her even slightly competitive with Kara. I would tend to think Kryptonian-designed battle armor would at least be competitive with the Master Jailer gear, if probably inferior for not being designed by a species of expert armorers.

Plus, aesthetically, it didn't have the look of "alien tech".

Oh the exo armor that non was controlling alex in. hehe you'd think alex would want nothing to do with that thing again. if it was me and it was used to hurt one of my siblings i wouldn't.

I don't know where that thing came from. but I thought it was a creation of Non's just to pit the sisters against each other. I don't think he put much though about weather it was durable or tough enough . only that it would hurt kara cause she'd have hard time fighting her earth family or for ever blame her self for hurting her earth family.

as to the master jailer gear. my thought's were more of the reverse engineer (the master jailer gear)) it sorta thing.

The only real reason I mentioned it, was due to when kara's aunt dieing via that sword made of kryptonie .

you mentioned the exo suit and the kryptonite sword which looks like machete when you look at it.

But the thing is, with how both superman and kara like to handle things. think about it? about how both superman & kara like to operate. they don't like to use leathal force from the jump. The kryptonite sword is pretty much too much lethal force.

while the master jailers gear was for capturing & subduing minus that Guillotine at his hideout.

and I don't think super and kara like the excuse of war with certain that aren't really out right and clearly that.

yes I'm aware kara's aunt alura was about to kill j'on . but think about it. Non also said indigo that alura wasn't willing to killing the human race but co-exsist with them even though she was about to waste j'on did alot of what she did that said other wise .

And I think a reversed engineered capture device's would be more accepted by both superman and kara to allies fighting along side of them as first approach tactic's rather then that sword of which superman is having issue's with j'on over.

I get view that j'on mean's cause it's like what happened with doctor who" when the children earth event happened and he wasn't there and captain Jack Harkness his allie lost his grand son who was a child under 10 year's old. super man and kara can't and won't always be there, so they can't always claim this.

and i see superman reason so the best alternative would to have device's that aren't as lethal that krytonite like the jailer gear. reversed engineered used for capturing , subduing & retraining purpose's only. since this the issue with superman and Kara about the kriptonite and it's over lethal use. and it'll avoid alot of problem's of the overly lethal kind and is a good alternative. and to have that gear so only certain people can use it.

Like in Alex's case only she can use that reverse engineered gear. if the actul master jailer gear is so overly sophisticated there's alway's reverse engineering and bio metric DNA tech .

I'm sure if she had her science teal look into it and had Winn on it it's possible .

Last edited:
Finally got to see this today....I loved it. Hoechlin did an excellent job playing both Superman and Clark. I also loved the references toe Chris Reeve movies.

I was watching Kieralinn's reaction to Supergirl S2E1 and she had to rant at the end of the video, which is what everyone is saying, including me. She, like me, is so sick of the Chris Reeve Superman still being used in current day media versions of the character, and this includes Hoechlin's version here. Demanding everyone to move on. And yes, like me and everyone else, she prefers Cavill's Superman.

....................ummm........Not. Sure. If. SERIOUS.

I moved on the second STAS started airing and when that hack [Snyder] moves on and let's someone else handle superman with more respect then I'll move on again.

Last edited:

Who is Kieralinn? and why is she demanding anything?

I don't hate Cavill's Superman nor do I hate MOS or BvS. I enjoy them for what they are, even though they are far from my ideal or preferred portrayal of the character.

If given the choice, I would prefer the take and overall tone of the world that Supergirl is taking. I do prefer the more "nice guy," "old fashioned," "good natured" version of Superman like Reeve, Cain, and now Tyler portray. A lighter, more upbeat symbol of hope and inspiration suits the character better than the more "brooding," "angsty" take in the Snyder verse.

that being said, I do appreciate the "physicality" and "rugged physique" of Cavill's Superman.

so, I'd say my ideal Superman is a combo of the Reeve/Cain/Tyler good natured personality with the Cavill physique and physicality.

which could explain why, in the pantheon of Superman portrayals, Routh's Superman ranks the worst in my opinion........lol.

The personality and behavior of his Superman was off ( getting Lois pregnant then skipping Earth for 5 years is a BIG no-no to me, among other things in that movie ). And, Routh's Superman didn't throw a single punch. Routh's Superman came across as both "weak" and not very noble in action and behavior, imo.

that's why, for all the issues I have with MOS and BvS, I still prefer them over Superman Returns because, to me, I can view those films and still see elements of Superman in them - even if it's not my ideal/preferred version of the character. Plus, I get to see Superman take on Zod, Kryptonians, and Doomsday ( oh, and Batman too. ).

and with all that being said, I know that there are people who love Routh's Superman and Superman Returns. funny how that works.......:cwink:

Last edited:
I don't know if you've noticed the online conversations around here and elsewhere since the premiere aired, but it's hardly "everyone else" that feels the same way you do. I certainly prefer Hoechlin's Supes over Cavill's, and I'm obviously not alone if you look around. Go look at Rotten Tomatoes for some other opinions or the piece over at IGN about how they got him so "right." It's fine that you prefer Cavill's but let other people have their preferences.

As for "moving on," I'm not a fan of the Reeve version personally, but I liked this version, partially because it includes aspects of several other Supermen besides Reeve, as I've stated before. So I don't see it as some "stuck in the past" version like you do. Instead, I see it as more of a amalgamation of Reeves/Reeve/STAS/Cain that forms something new that feels fresh-yet-familiar at the same time. Like a new classic version. You're welcome to feel otherwise, of course, but kindly refrain from dismissing the opinions of others who feel differently. :)

agreed.

Last edited:
Hank... Henshaw
What gave the Martian the idea to use that name?

Who is Kieralinn? and why is she demanding anything?

Somebody that made a YouTube video complaining about the Superman on "Supergirl". The comments in response to the video are very enlightening.
Almost no one agrees with her. By and large most the YouTube videos had a positive response to the TV Superman. Even airricksreloaded had a
positive response to this episode with Superman in it. And he hated Supergirl last season.

Last edited:
Somebody that made a YouTube video complaining about the Superman on "Supergirl". The comments in response to the video are very enlightening.
Almost no one agrees with her. By and large most the YouTube videos had a positive response to the TV Superman. Even airricksreloaded had a
positive response to this episode with Superman in it. And he hated Supergirl last season.

Ok...... I care even less now.... :)

I don't know if you've noticed the online conversations around here and elsewhere since the premiere aired, but it's hardly "everyone else" that feels the same way you do. I certainly prefer Hoechlin's Supes over Cavill's, and I'm obviously not alone if you look around. Go look at Rotten Tomatoes for some other opinions or the piece over at IGN about how they got him so "right." It's fine that you prefer Cavill's but let other people have their preferences.

As for "moving on," I'm not a fan of the Reeve version personally, but I liked this version, partially because it includes aspects of several other Supermen besides Reeve, as I've stated before. So I don't see it as some "stuck in the past" version like you do. Instead, I see it as more of a amalgamation of Reeves/Reeve/STAS/Cain that forms something new that feels fresh-yet-familiar at the same time. Like a new classic version. You're welcome to feel otherwise, of course, but kindly refrain from dismissing the opinions of others who feel differently. :)

c54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7.jpg

That Superman/Supergirl/Martian Manhunter/Alex vs. Metallo fight had me giddy like a school girl. Loved it.

Really loved this opener. I can't believe I never reviewed the episodes until now.

On the plus seeing Dean Cain's suit again got me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"