Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 1 - "The Adventures of Supergirl" MAJOR SPOILERS

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Finally, we have an official description! (Props to KryptonSite for the link)

THE CW HAS A NEW HERO AND SHE’S BRINGING SUPERMAN WITH HER — When a new threat emerges in National City, Kara/Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) teams up with her cousin, Clark Kent/Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin), to stop it. Kara is thrilled to have family in town but it leaves Alex (Chyler Leigh) feeling a bit left out. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) and Supergirl are stunned by the pod that came crashing to Earth. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg and Jessica Queller (#201). Original airdate 10/10/2016.

Photos for this episode, as well as the second episode, can be found here.

And if you haven't seen the trailer, what are you waiting for? :D

EDIT 9/30: Almost forgot about these:

"Teaming Up" Promo:

Sneak Peek - "A Job for Both of Us":

Sneak Peek - Fan Edit with John Williams' Score:

ADVANCE REVIEWS: Supergirl.TV (spoiler-free)|KryptonSite (spoiler-free)|ComicBook.com (spoiler-free)|Forbes (spoiler-free)|**************** (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)|TVLine (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

BONUS: The season two premiere will have an encore performance Friday night (10/14) at 8 p.m.

Last edited:
Added the preview clip (original and the fan edit) and the promo trailer. Mainly because this thread needs a bump.

For those that have seen spoilerific pics do you reckon [BLACKOUT]this one will end with Corben been turned into Metallo ready for revenge in 'The Last Children of Krypton'? Or do you reckon he'll actually be one Metallo in this episode but be chased off?[/BLACKOUT] I think the former myself.

For those that have seen spoilerific pics do you reckon [BLACKOUT]this one will end with Corben been turned into Metallo ready for revenge in 'The Last Children of Krypton'? Or do you reckon he'll actually be one Metallo in this episode but be chased off?[/BLACKOUT] I think the former myself.

When they announced who was playing [blackout]Metallo, it was suggested Corben was badly injured after dealing with the Super-Cousins, and would be rebuilt by 'a shadowy organization' (read: CADMUS) seeking revenge.[/blackout] At least that's how I remember it.

As for when, I think your first scenario is the best possibility.

When they announced who was playing [blackout]Metallo, it was suggested Corben was badly injured after dealing with the Super-Cousins, and would be rebuilt by 'a shadowy organization' (read: CADMUS) seeking revenge.[/blackout] At least that's how I remember it.

As for when, I think your first scenario is the best possibility.

Yeah I think so too, could be the cool little cliffhanger tease they like to do, have [blackout]Corben walk out with the Kryptonite in his chest[/blackout]

Think I'll add those to the main post...

Loved the promo, guess I'll have to wait for the episode to arrive down here.

But man, just from the promo I can tell they got Superman completely RIGHT !

At last, a 21st century Superman who has the classic attributes of the Man of Steel, with an updated look.

This gives me hope (maybe Snyder will watch the episode and get some ideas).

If it could just be monday already, that'd be great...

If it could just be monday already, that'd be great...

Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday but I wouldn't mind it been Monday so I can get to it quicker. Although I'm back at work Tuesday :csad:

We see from the trailers and clips that Superman and Supergirl are in costume and flying together, I hope they also fight together as well.

We see from the trailers and clips that Superman and Supergirl are in costume and flying together, I hope they also fight together as well.

Spoiler [BLACKOUT]They do apparently, against John Corben aka Metallo[/BLACKOUT]

In the "Team-Up" trailer, they also appear to be dealing with [BLACKOUT]drones (we see Supergirl destroy one with her heat vision, and apparently Superman does the same at ground level, if the first set photos are any indication).[/BLACKOUT]

Great premiere, and a great Superman! I agree with the reviews that the James/Kara thing was clumsily handled, but I wasn't a fan of that pairing at all, so I'm still happy about that development.

I think this set up a wonderful new direction for the show, and I'm glad we're getting another episodes with Supes before getting back to business as usual. He should recur. Often. :D

I really hope future episodes dont have the threads locked. Not sure I get the logic behind that. It defeats the purpose of live posting and all discussion ended up going in the general discussion thread which probably should be spoiler free

I gave the episode a 9/10. Definitely pleased with this version of Superman and it was a pretty damn good episode overall. Only weak point for me was John Corben, but I get that they had to set him up to be Metallo for the next episode. I'm also curious to see what they have planned for Jimmy now that his relationship stuff with Kara is on hold. All in all, looking forward to next week's episode! I'm praying we get more of Tyler's Supes before the season is over. Two episodes wouldn't do such an awesome portrayal justice!

Pretty solid season opener. The gang was great as always and Tyler's Clark/Superman is an absolute gem.

The Cat life coach stuff was too much for me but I get that they want to milk as much as they can from Calista given her limited appearances. I'm curious on what they'll do with Lena. I was expecting the ep to end with the reveal that she's behind it all in a ploy to get sympathy but it didn't do we'll see...

I gave it a 9! More of an eight, as a ten is really Super, but a 9 because I'm so enthused!

Great episode and I really hope they keep up this momentum. Only wish I didn't have to wait a whole nother week for the rest!! Aaargh!

The still-born relationship between Kara and James, even if many people weren't into it, was ended too quickly. I think that conversation should have happened near the end of the second part, with a few more hints that Kara was not so into it as she was before. But it is out of the way now, so all who poo-pooed can rejoice!:woot:

Hoechlin and the writers nailed the character IMO. Now I really want him to get his own series.

Great start to the premiere and for Supergirl in CW!

Superman is used right and is in the right amount of screentime as it's still Supergirl's show.

Winn fits right in with the DEO. I thought Alex was going to have a problem with Superman and Supergirl's family relationship yet I didn't see it. But I love the tension between Superman and Martian Manhunter.

To the CW, please give Superman his own spin off show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"