Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 9 "Supergirl Lives" MAJOR SPOILERS

If Alex needs to be anyone else she should be Batwoman. It makes more sense as Batwoman and Maggie Sawyer are romantically linked in the comic books.
And Melissa Benoist did say that Alex should become Batgirl. (Maybe not knowing about Batwoman)

I'm not sure that they can use her, but that would be a much better fit than Superwoman, by far. But, again....I just don't see the need.

If Alex needs to be anyone else she should be Batwoman. It makes more sense as Batwoman and Maggie Sawyer are romantically linked in the comic books.
And Melissa Benoist did say that Alex should become Batgirl. (Maybe not knowing about Batwoman)

Hey, its nonsense, but I'd buy it. She's already the skilled and smart normal who hangs against supers, and has red hair. She'd certainly make a better and more heroic hero than Guardian.

How does Chyler have red hair?

No thank you.

.Alex is a strong character as is, no need to make her a hero, she already is one.

Never implied otherwise. Having super powers doesn't make you a hero, or a villain, and as you say Alex is a hero already.

I would just like to see her with super powers!:drl:

It seems to me though, that the more people that get "super" powers, the less spectacular Supergirl is....it just seems to take away from the person that is the title of the show. IF, it would make the show better, then I would say go for it, but I just don't see how it would.

Just caught up with this, what was up with that Dominator bowing to Mon-El? Could he be the prince of Daxam and nit someone who just served the prince as he suggested?

Are there superheroes that use their powers to make money off of them? Not counting ones done as parodies or for humor. Most already have money, like Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark. Or have a second job like Clark Kent or Peter Parker.

Well, Booster Gold of course.

Just caught up with this, what was up with that Dominator bowing to Mon-El? Could he be the prince of Daxam and nit someone who just served the prince as he suggested?
That's been the popular assumption, yes.

And for the record, Kelly and I called that way back in episode 4. :oldrazz:

I thought this ep was a bit uneven, I liked the opening action sequence and I thought the alien slavers story was good, it was cool to see Supergirl on an alien planet and cool to see the return of Roulette, she's a sexy villainess but damn did I want Kara to lamp her one in the mush lol.

I also really like the dynamic of Kara and Mon-El, they have a great chemistry and the humorous banter between them is fun, plus we saw some interesting seeds planted with the Dominators and those Kylo Ren looking folks that showed up at the end.

Kara's decision making in this ep was kinda silly though, I get that powers don't make the hero but her stubborn refusal to wait an hour and find a plan b kinda irritated me, she's smarter than that.

I also thought the stuff with Winn made no sense, especially Alex pretty much ignoring his concerns, comparing him to her despite him not being a field agent and dragging him to an alien planet before leaving him alone with zero protection, despite the fact he had no training, and the whole pay-off was that he got lucky with a nearby rock.

Keeping with Alex the first and last scenes with her and Maggie were nicely done and really well acted by Chyler and Floriana, but the forced drama between them is a CW staple that I don't want to see creep into the show.

I'm not quite sure how Izzy got snagged when everyone was going through the portal but I loved the sun grenade giving Kara her powers which led to the awesome shot of Kara blasting the alien fighter craft. :D What power did Kara use when her eyes went orange and the alien lost his grip on Izzy? It was like she used The Force.

I dug Jo, I hope we see him pop up again on Earth. :D

Last but not least, I had no idea Jurgen Klopp had gotten a guest role as a villain on the show. :wow:

I thought this ep was a bit uneven, I liked the opening action sequence and I thought the alien slavers story was good, it was cool to see Supergirl on an alien planet and cool to see the return of Roulette, she's a sexy villainess but damn did I want Kara to lamp her one in the mush lol.

I also really like the dynamic of Kara and Mon-El, they have a great chemistry and the humorous banter between them is fun, plus we saw some interesting seeds planted with the Dominators and those Kylo Ren looking folks that showed up at the end.

Kara's decision making in this ep was kinda silly though, I get that powers don't make the hero but her stubborn refusal to wait an hour and find a plan b kinda irritated me, she's smarter than that.

I also thought the stuff with Winn made no sense, especially Alex pretty much ignoring his concerns, comparing him to her despite him not being a field agent and dragging him to an alien planet before leaving him alone with zero protection, despite the fact he had no training, and the whole pay-off was that he got lucky with a nearby rock.

Keeping with Alex the first and last scenes with her and Maggie were nicely done and really well acted by Chyler and Floriana, but the forced drama between them is a CW staple that I don't want to see creep into the show.

I'm not quite sure how Izzy got snagged when everyone was going through the portal but I loved the sun grenade giving Kara her powers which led to the awesome shot of Kara blasting the alien fighter craft. :D What power did Kara use when her eyes went orange and the alien lost his grip on Izzy? It was like she used The Force.

Last but not least, I had no idea Jurgen Klopp had gotten a guest role as a villain on the show. :wow:

Jurgen Klopp :hehe:

Did you guys also notice that Winn runs through the portal ahead of Kara, Alex, and Mon-El, and then suddenly he back behind Kara again....?

That would sort of be bullying by Kara though. Rouletter is a Queen B****, but ultimately she is just a defenseless woman.

For me Mon-El provides comic relief now that Cat Grant isn't around to provide the meta-references.

It was pretty much done to give Winn a hero's journey. Having a guard baby sit Winn wouldn't have given them the opportunity to show Winn learning to be a bad-ass on his own. While providing him a guard would be the logical thing to do, even better would have been to have left him on the other side. Plus that's one less DEO agent to engage in combat.

What power did Kara use when her eyes went orange and the alien lost his grip on Izzy? It was like she used The Force.
The eyes of all Krypotonians in this version always turn orange just before they let loose with the blue heat vision blast. Also they are orange for about a second after the blue goes off. I think the idea is supposed to show a build up of energy and then a dissipation of heat. The purists were complaining about the heat vision not being red. But I think the orange glow coupled with the blue blasts looks much better and with red blasts the orange glow wouldn't be as obvious.
He ran away because he realized Kara was about to let loose on him just like she did with the spaceship.

I like Jo too. I would also like to see more of Brian and Giggles.

That would sort of be bullying by Kara though. Rouletter is a Queen B****, but ultimately she is just a defenseless woman.

Not on that planet though, Kara didn't have her powers.

For me Mon-El provides comic relief now that Cat Grant isn't around to provide the meta-references.

That's a good call, he's been way more entertaining than I was expecting.

It was pretty much done to give Winn a hero's journey. Having a guard baby sit Winn wouldn't have given them the opportunity to show Winn learning to be a bad-ass on his own. While providing him a guard would be the logical thing to do, even better would have been to have left him on the other side. Plus that's one less DEO agent to engage in combat.

Oh yeah I know why it was done, I just didn't think it made any sense at all and was very rushed, they could have told that story properly over 3 or 4 eps with Winn training and building his confidence.

The eyes of all Krypotonians in this version always turn orange just before they let loose with the blue heat vision blast. Also they are orange for about a second after the blue goes off. I think the idea is supposed to show a build up of energy and then a dissipation of heat. The purists were complaining about the heat vision not being red. But I think the orange glow coupled with the blue blasts looks much better and with red blasts the orange glow wouldn't be as obvious.
He ran away because he realized Kara was about to let loose on him just like she did with the spaceship.

Aha! Thanks, I get it now. :funny: I agree with you on the blue blasts contrasting well with the orange glow, it's a good creative choice by the showrunners.

Not on that planet though, Kara didn't have her powers.

Even without her powers Kara is now a trained DEO agent with extensive mixed martial arts fighting skills. Roulette has as of yet not shown any fighting abilities. It would be like Cristiane Justino taking on Anna Wintour.

No one noticed but Kara kill again in this episode with a smile on her face!!! Ah the writers....

We noticed....but it seems that "Man of Steel" pretty much threw that canon out the window.

Also, exactly what was she supposed to do, ask them if they would come out and talk to her? Also, how do we know that she killed anyone, it could have been remote controlled....

But for me, it is pretty unrealistic to think that there aren't times when she has to kill, but she is one that tries all other ways to NOT KILL....so I think we can give her this one.

Not sure about the smile...but ok.

We don't know nothing! That is the problem of this second season so far! There is no more attention to the details like in the first year.

In that case, damaged the ship is the right solution for a writers...but Kara blow up the ship with no hesitation

Are you behind or rewatching?

I'm behind. I wait every year the Blu-ray home video edition.

I'm behind. I wait every year the Blu-ray home video edition.

Ah I see.

I thought S2 was such a letdown, the first two episodes aside which are the best the shows ever done IMO. Luthors is a great episode though.

We don't know nothing! That is the problem of this second season so far! There is no more attention to the details like in the first year.

In that case, damaged the ship is the right solution for a writers...but Kara blow up the ship with no hesitation

Well, if a ship is bearing down on the group, and is about to fire....then in all reality (as much reality as you can get with a comic book based TV series) would be to shoot it...which she did.

Again, at least she has killed far fewer than Superman did in MoS....we don't even have a body count for that one.

But, just my opinion.....it's not a big deal.

The first two with Superman are huge,yes.
I hope to enjoy this second half with a better writing.

The season 3 is good or worse so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"