Best Film Villain of the 2000s?

Jack Bauer

The Bizarro Jack Bauer
Reaction score
This is more of an option poll, but seeing how its very close to the end of 2009 and 2010, which is the new start of a new decade, it leaves the question: Who were the best film villains this decade?

For me its these people.

2ikcy2d.jpg

5. Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias (Watchmen)

He's much like Lex Luthor, but unlike he actually got away with his plans and put the fault on his world's Superman.

s5hoffmancoffinauto.jpg

4. Mark Hoffman (SAW series)

In the third film, he was just a background character. However enter SAW IV, V, and VI, where this character become one truly evil bastard.

In IV, he's presumably the one behind Rigg's game, which lead the horrific death of Eric Matthews and confirmation that he was apart of John's plans, and Jeff's death while tormenting the FBI agents that have been sent to capture Jigsaw.

In V, his real form of evil begins to show after tricking Strahm which lead to his gruesome death and shown that he killed without remorse during the trap that was made to kill his sister's killer.

In VI, he takes the cake for villainy. First, he blackmails Amanda into killing Lynn, so John would never know that it was her that lead the chain of events that killed his unborn child and made him into becoming Jigsaw. Second, he outright brutally kills agents Erickson and Perez, the latter whom was thought to be dead after being mortally wounded during a bomb trap.

joker-740320.jpg

2. The Joker (The Dark Knight)

118225l.jpg

2. Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men)

Tied for the two spot.

If The Joker is the ultimate form for anarchistic mayhem, then Anton is the ultimate form of walking evil. Never have a hitman look so terrifying, killing his victims without mercy and sometimes without cause, or giving their a moral choice with the flip of a coin.

And with the Joker, need I say more?

24n4spi.jpg

1. Agent Smith (The Matrix films)

Sure, the Smith character debuted in 1999 but it wasn't until the Matrix sequels that he started to shine as a AI supervillain with megalomaniac intentions. In those ones, he'd best Neo, who's like Superman, more then once and killed him twice, only to get attacked with a surprise.

Those are my choices, what's yours for villains of the decade?

Last edited:
5.Doc Ock
4. The Joker
3.Anton Chigurh
2. Emperor Palpatine
1. Bill The Butcher

Joker takes it hands down,

Before the perfomnce though Agent would have taken it by defult.

5.Godzilla
godzilla.jpg

4.Lucifer
45297582.jpg

3. The Joker (I know its a cliche, but he was bad ass)
joker_wizardmagfull.jpg

2.Voldemort
voldemort1.jpg

1.Sauron
sauron.jpg

Agent Smith is indeed my favorite film villain of all time, and I think one of the best.

5. The White Witch (Narnia Films)
4. Norman Osborn/Green Golbin (Spider-Man trilogy)
3. Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest/At Worlds' End)
2. Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter Films)
1. Agent Smith (The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions)

My favourites:

1. The Joker

20zwfau.jpg

2. Doc Ock

comehither.jpg

3. Saruman

saruman3.jpg

4. Patrick Bateman

patrickbateman.jpg

5. Elle Driver

wyvwtf6f4dnqg4oxgg4a6c3d620c7a4_elle-driver--crotalo-de-california-.jpg

Last edited:
In no Order:

Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men)
Joker (The Dark Knight)
Daniel Plainview (There will be blood)
Dock Ock (Spiderman 2)
Sauron (Lord of the Rings)

Voldemort
Joker
patrick bateman
count Olaf

and for teh lulz,

tom rothman.

The Joker. All the others pale in comparison (pun intended.)

And Chigurgh was cool too. (best thing about the movie)

Hans Landa aka "The Jew Hunter" from Inglourious Basterds gets my vote. Joker was lucky, Landa was freakin' diabolical.

Yeah, Landa was great too.

The Joker.
Landa
Chigurgh

I don't think Doc Ock should count. He turned good at the end. That's the one thing I hate about the Spidey films: no one bad stays bad. Except for Norman. It's like they aim to portray Spidey as the ultimate super counselor rather than a superhero.

Joker FTW. I have to admit though, I haven't seen no country for old men, so I can only speak for what I've actually watched.

Ozymandias is a great pick as well.

Also: Elijah Price/Mr. Glass from "Unbreakable". The dude slaughtered hundreds if not thousands of people on the ridiculous and vague notion that one person might survive and be a real life superhero. Nevermind that he ended up being right, he was still a homicidal loon.

The Joker. All the others pale in comparison (pun intended.)

yeah, mr.j was epic, but his scale of terror lasted only a couple months/weeks. you-know-who's? three long years.

four movies (well, five, depending on your POV).
at least 2 dozen kills.
returns from a 14 year hiatus.
blew up the ministry of magic.
destroyed a bridge with some peeps on it.
kills his own henchman, like *that*
starts to affect muggles, who dont even know about him

fighting the boy wizard? priceless.
and more badass stuff. dont get me wrong, joker = love, but the dark lord would pwn joker, like that

Last edited:
Doc Ock is no whiny! Like Vader.. that *****(cat)

1. Sauron (He or it is pure evil. Is there "better" thing villain to have than that?:whatever:).
2. Agent Smith (Matrix)
3. Adrian (SG Ark of Truth).
4. Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter).
5. The White Witch (Narnia).

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Anton Chigurh, I mean seriously have you all seen No Country For Old Men?

Landa from Inglorious Basterds deserves are spot here as well. For longevity I'd say Lord Voldemort (oh no I said his name!) because it's been like a decade and he's STILL a living breating villain. As much as I hate people shouting out the Joker like he's some type of divine god I must put him here as well.

GOLEM FROM THE LORD OF THE RINGS:

I seriously wanted this despicable character to die and he got the death that he deserved, I mean he was pure evil.

Anton Chigurh, I mean seriously have you all seen No Country For Old Men?

Landa from Inglorious Basterds deserves are spot here as well. For longevity I'd say Lord Voldemort (oh no I said his name!) because it's been like a decade and he's STILL a living breating villain. As much as I hate people shouting out the Joker like he's some type of divine god I must put him here as well.
Yeah, that's how strong his performance was.
Also I loved Chigurgh, one of the greatest villain for sure, but I thought NCFOM was boring (but that comment belongs in the unpopular film opinion thread, I think:woot:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"