Iron Man 3 Best Format to Watch IM3

nullified

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey there, I just wanted to get some feedback from the community. I've been swamped with finals and haven't seen IM3 yet. I'm planning on watching it this Friday. I would like to know if IMAX 3D is a good way to see the movie, or should I go with Digital 3D or 2D. Thanks in advance everyone. Also, please try to be spoiler-free in your responses.

IMAX > Non-IMAX

I personally don't like 3D at all. But you'll be hard pressed to find an IMAX theater that is playing it in 2D.

GL, HF, DD.

I saw it in plain 2D. There really isn't anything in the movie that would benefit from 3D.

I saw it in plain 2D. There really isn't anything in the movie that would benefit from 3D.

I agree. The only films I've ever seen in 3D that benefit from the format are as follows:

Life of Pi
Alice in Wonderland
Oz The Great and Powerful

I won't be the one to decide whether those are good films or not, but like I said, they are better in 3D.

I remember for Thor, the 3D version of the film was significantly darker than the 2D version, making the battle with the frost giants hard to watch. In the trailer, it shows some scenes taking place at nighttime in some kind of industrial/warehouse looking spot. Can those who've seen it in IMAX 3D shed some light on if the scenes were too dark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"