The Amazing Spider-Man Best interpretation of Green Goblin in Media?

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man Movies' started by Ultimatewebthro, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Ultimatewebthro Registered

With all the speculation about who was the mystery guest in Connors cell at the end of the film and how it could possibly be GG. It got me thinking of reference points the film makers can use as a basis of GG in the movies. What do you guys think is the definative version of GG across all media, Film, Games, TV, animation, Comic runs, etc. that the film makers should take a look at?

My pick would be the 90's animated series season 3 season finale Sins of the father part 1 and 2. When Norman figures out petes id and MJ falls in the time dialation device. Normans insanity and schizo are spot on in these eps. Check it out on netflix again to see what I mean.

I think Spectacular Spider man got GG's deceptivness down perfectly. Hell I knew Norman was GG but the show had me second guessing myself lol.

2. Oscorp Registered

I really liked Norman Osborn and Green Goblin in TSSM

3. Tacit Ronin Registered

The answer is spectacular Spidey. It always is.

4. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

Definitely Spectacular Spider-Man. He's so delightfully evil in that version.

5. DACrowe Registered

I actually like that Norman Osborn, if not a good person, doesn't start as pure evil. He is an arrogant bastard and a bad father, but he does care for his son and should have some humanity who slowly descends into true evil. That's how it was done in the original comics, The Animated Series and SM1. Most prefer the 1990s version where he is a pure evil Machevellian baddie, a mix of Lex Luthor and the Joker. That's what USM did, TSSM did and what apparently Webb and Sony are doing with the ASM series to differentiate from Raimi's take.

I think the best version of the former is actually The Animated Series from the 1990s (though Willem Dafoe does the GG voice better than any voice actor, ironically enough) and the best version of the latter is probably how he was written in the late '90s or early 2000s of the comics, but excluding those then TSSM.

Both versions have validity in comics, so it will be nice to get the other version in this series.

6. Oscorp Registered

I like both versions alot but I'm in the majority of liking the latter a little bit more I guess. I really enjoyed him in TSSM and in, as you said, the late '90s and early '20s run in the comics.

I hope we'll get Harry in this film series though I doubt it.

7. chaseter Esteemed Member

I love the sly, lovely to your face, evil when your turned Norman. But, Norman doesn't exhibit those overly evil tendencies until he puts on the mask. SM1 got that right towards the end after the Goblin took him fully over. Him at Thanksgiving was pure Norman.

8. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

The first movie game, and of course the TSSM feature was his best adaption, a bad person adapted the way he is
    To be honest, I like how he's made in USM animated series, he's a greedy S.o.B and that stuff, evil, and until he becomes Green Goblin I think he's great as he is

9. DigificWriter Registered

I haven't seen The Spectacular Spider-Man, so my vote here goes to the Norman/Goblin as he was portrayed in the 1994 Spider-Man animated series, which was my first real exposure to Spider-Man and his world and which remains, to this day, a fond childhood memory of mine (even though, being 14, I was no longer technically a child when it was on the air).

10. Jexx the Emerald Eagle

Spectacular Spider-Man, of course.

11. TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

That was my favorite part in the entire Raimi trilogy :up:

12. TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

Just what chaseter said, "lovely to your face, evil when your turned Norman", 'nuff said
    probably the closest interpretation of that Norman is in The Spectacular Spider-man

13. PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

The Spectacular Spider-Man version. SSM just feels like a great blend of everything good from Spider-Man.

14. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah, if I could have a live-action movie series that's basically an adaptation of SSM, I'd be in heaven.

15. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

16. SpideyScott Amateur Film-Maker

TSSM, Loved the character and voice, just hated the look.
    [​IMG]

17. Ultimatewebthro Registered

Alright fellas I love TSSM as much as anybody but honestly as good as GG was in that show, I only like him when he was in costume. I think it depends on which version of GG you like: The schizo version or the Lex luther I'm always evil version. The ONLY thing I didn't like about TSSM version was that it seemed like he could just turn the GG persona on and off on a whim. In the 90's show the goblin persona would take control of him. Almost like he was possesed by another personality. I always liked that version better because it was more creepy and it also made me feel bad for Norman because he would lose that struggle with his sanity it was kind of sad.

18. Ultimatewebthro Registered

If they adapt that scene in TSSM when GG jumps off his glider over a building and then lands on it on the other side I'm losing my [email protected] in the theatre.

19. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

This is the worst

20. Jexx the Emerald Eagle

They NEED (absolutely NEED) to do this!

21. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I kinda agree, battle will be more epic that way

22. PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

If I can put it in simple terms, the SSM Green Goblin is basically Ultimate Green Goblin... only he looks like 616 Norman and wears a costume instead of transforming. Oh and he definitely jokes around more.

23. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

He's the 616 Goblin before being the Ultimate
    Mackie cleared it

24. spider-neil spins a web any size!

That was IN-CRED-IBLE!!! :wow:

25. JerseyJoker Registered

Best Green Goblin = TSSM

Best Norman Osborn = Wlliam DaFoe. He was just so overly top evil with the performance, it almost was a hinder to put a mask over his face.