Best Melee Weapon In Superhero Movies/TV Shows?

Cap's shield but Wolverine's Claws are a close second for me.

Cap's shied has the advantage of being used both defensively and offensively. It has close-up and distanced attacks, while also being able to absorb vibration...like Cap's "soft" landing in the Winter Soldier.
Good case for it :up:

Okay, dude. I've provided proof now, so there's not much else I can do. Real life physics or not(which it never really is, anyway), Stan Lee himself explained the concept...can't really say he's wrong when the man created the concept. But you believe what you choose, of course.

It was never meant to be taken as literal science, but like most of Marvel's early heroes, Stan wanted to explain their abilities through pseudo-science. Mjolnir is enchanted, so of course it's not going to be completely anchored to our human laws of gravity. That was never the intention.

Every Thor fan knows how Stan Lee created the character, but that doesn't mean that it actually plays out that way and it's what we've seen that's being discussed. But if you want to just take Lee's word for it you'll have to stop with your "pseudo-flight" talk as he certainly thinks of it as flying. I chose from the beginning not to go the easy route and use Lee on that one though, and instead discussed it on the visual evidence as that makes for a more fun discussion, but you went there so here we are.

Every Thor fan knows how Stan Lee created the character, but that doesn't mean that it actually plays out that way and it's what we've seen that's being discussed. But if you want to just take Lee's word for it you'll have to stop with your "pseudo-flight" talk as he certainly thinks of it as flying. I chose from the beginning not to go the easy route and use Lee on that one though, and instead discussed it on the visual evidence as that makes for a more fun discussion, but you went there so here we are.
Eh? I've made my point so I'm good man. Of course I went the easy route. Hard route wasn't working.

Eh? I've made my point so I'm good man. Of course I went the easy route. Hard route wasn't working.

The point was that you argued against yourself as your stance was that it's not really flight, which is not Stan's view. As for the comment about not working, wasn't it you that said "let's agree to disagree"?

Lol, I guess I missed quite a bit after my post. Is there seriously a debate on whether Thor flies with Mjolnir? Should we argue about whether Banner turns green when he gets angry too?

The point was that you argued against yourself as your stance was that it's not really flight, which is not Stan's view. As for the comment about not working, wasn't it you that said "let's agree to disagree"?

I described Thor's "flight" just like Stan did. Thor did "fly"... but he did it with Mjolnir's aid, and he had to propel the hammer through the air with a spin. That is my point. Ol' Stan said the same thing.

And I did say that, still feel that way. Only clarifying. I really am done now. :D

Last edited:
Lol, I guess I missed quite a bit after my post. Is there seriously a debate on whether Thor flies with Mjolnir? Should we argue about whether Banner turns green when he gets angry too?
Dude, of course not. That would be absolutely insane.

...we're gonna argue about the shade of green. :o

I described Thor's "flight" just like Stan did. Thor did "fly"... but he did it with Mjolnir's aid, and he had to propel the hammer through the air with a spin. That is my point. Ol' Stan said the same thing.

And I did say that, still feel that way. Only clarifying. I really am done now. :D

You directly said that Mjolnir isn't capable of flight on the previous page. That is the base of the discussion.

You're however yet to say how something that's only going on thrown momentum can change direction, change speed and go on indefinitely though. If it's not flight it can't do that so that's the aspect you need to clarify.

And we've already discussed an MCU example where he didn't need to spin the hammer to fly with it, so the spinning requirement clearly isn't definitive in the MCU.

You directly said that Mjolnir isn't capable of flight on the previous page. That is the base of the discussion.

You're however yet to say how something that's only going on thrown momentum can change direction, change speed and go on indefinitely though. If it's not flight it can't do that so that's the aspect you need to clarify.

And we've already discussed an MCU example where he didn't need to spin the hammer to fly with it, so the spinning requirement clearly isn't definitive in the MCU.

You're completely missing my point, but I did say that I was done.

You're completely missing my point, but I did say that I was done.

Clearly you're not done as you post again to say that you don't think I'm right, but without saying why and still avoiding the thing I've tried to get you to comment on for many posts. Sounds more like a cop out to not have to admit that I've proven your statement, which I accurately quoted, wrong.

Clearly you're not done as you post again to say that you don't think I'm right, but without saying why and still avoiding the thing I've tried to get you to comment on for many posts. Sounds more like a cop out to not have to admit that I've proven your statement, which I accurately quoted, wrong.

Agree to disagree. That's all I got.

tenor.gif

but anyways... I came to vote for Mjolnir, as it is the obvious choice, and it was not in the poll... wth??

tenor.gif

but anyways... I came to vote for Mjolnir, as it is the obvious choice, and it was not in the poll... wth??
Blade's gear wasn't there. Prince Nuada's, Marv's mitts... there were a few noticeable absences. Guess the list couldn't be too long.

Not sure why only Stormbreaker is on here and not Mjolnir. I voted for Stormbreaker, but the real melee action happens with Mjolnir.

I'd go with Mjolnir if it was on here but will have to go with Cap's shield instead.

tenor.gif

Not sure why only Stormbreaker is on here and not Mjolnir. I voted for Stormbreaker, but the real melee action happens with Mjolnir.
I'd go with Mjolnir if it was on here but will have to go with Cap's shield instead.

I based this on the actual lethality of the weapon (without any of its powers/abilities be they magic or scientific) so the likes of Mjolnir wouldn't actually be that good a weapon in combat with no magic as it would just be a very short reach hammer.

Stormbreaker is variation of a war hammer so I went with that one because it would likely be more use in actual combat.

Yes, but the person who wields Mjolnir gets the power of Thor
So if you can manage to wield it, it's not just a short hammer, it's a lightning spewing, flying, mega-hammer

Yes, but the person who wields Mjolnir gets the power of Thor
So if you can manage to wield it, it's not just a short hammer, it's a lightning spewing, flying, mega-hammer
Yeah I know what you mean I just meant that I wasn’t including any of the weapons abilities(like lightning manipulation) just the actual weapon itself.

Otherwise some of these weapons would have a serious advantage over others.

If by best, you mean the one most likely to win in a fight... Provided we could handle it, would be Storm breaker.

Best as in including being iconic etc, then the Shield imo.

A balance of iconic and functionality ....... Mjolnir, if it wasn't for that pesky Hela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"