Sunset Blvd
Godfather
Sixth sense
Identity
Saw
Fight Club
Ben Hur

Oh another all time great is the ending of 89 Batman

easily one of the all time best comic book movie endings so triumphant that last shot of him on top of a building cape in the wind with the bat signal in the sky pure :awesome:.

Spider-Man 2
Mrs Doubfire
Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Shawshank Redemption

A Man Escaped
My Fair Lady
His Girl Friday
Gone With The Wind
Manhattan
Annie Hall
The Purple Rose Of Cairo
Some Like It Hot
Fiddler On The Roof
Toy Story 3
E.T.
Star Wars

Oh another all time great is the ending of 89 Batman

easily one of the all time best comic book movie endings so triumphant that last shot of him on top of a building cape in the wind with the bat signal in the sky pure :awesome:.

Funny thing is that ever since I saw that movie back in 1989, whenever it got to that ending I'd get distracted by all that over-sized scaffolding on that one building at 1:47. I've seen actual scaffolding on high rises that were being repaired and it never looked anything like that.

The Batman ending is made by Danny Eflman's music. What a magnificent theme, what wonderful macabre exciting color in the atmosphere. These days most superhero films have absolutely rubbish scores.

As far as I can tell the superhero genre has only ever had 2 really good scores to it: William's Superman score and Elfman's Batman score. Not much else measures up.

The Long Good Friday
Inception
The Usual Suspects
The Matrix
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Dark Knight

Mad Max Fury Road
[YT]9UzaRsCrNDY[/YT]
Army of Darkness
[YT]NmzF9pj9Yk[/YT]
Iron Man
[YT]tjTrFo-bITU[/YT]
Rocky II
[YT]WgScBiXkO9Y[/YT]
Rocky III
[YT]NC52KBgm5dY[/YT]
Rambo
[YT]zcdJffoVMWo[/YT]
A Better Tomorrow (Can't find the clip on Youtube, but the ending is absolutely beautiful)

Unbreakable was good as well .But I know a few who hate it.

Rocky, Rocky 2, and Back to the Future have some great satisfying endings.

As far as I can tell the superhero genre has only ever had 2 really good scores to it: William's Superman score and Elfman's Batman score. Not much else measures up.

I think this could be a discussion topic on its own.

Some of the other superior efforts

Spiderman by Horner
Spiderman by Eflman
Incredibles by Giacchino

and also

Captain America by Silvestri
Thor by Doyle
Avengers by Silvestri
Age of Ultron by Eflman

Elfman is clearly the man at writing great themes for superheroes. His new Avengers theme is also a doozy!

Regardless if Lucas touched it up, my favorite one when I was younger was Return of the Jedi.

Regardless if Lucas touched it up, my favorite one when I was younger was Return of the Jedi.

I actually prefer the touched up version but would've preferred if Hayden wasn't added into it.

The Shawshank Redemption

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Skyfall

Always was a sucker for Lucky number Slevin :o

The Dark Knight
Heat
The Godfather
The Godfather: Part II
The Dark Knight Rises
The Empire Strikes Back
The Insider
Inception

Sure I'll think of more...

How do you guys feel about The Empire Strikes Back's ending?

I've heard criticisms that it isn't an ending but it is. It's certainly designed to leave things open for the sequel but it is a clear end point to the arc of the story. Luke has his climactic defeat, Han makes a heroic sacrifice that solidifies his relationship with Leia, and Lando gets some redemption.

I've heard criticisms that it isn't an ending but it is. It's certainly designed to leave things open for the sequel but it is a clear end point to the arc of the story. Luke has his climactic defeat, Han makes a heroic sacrifice that solidifies his relationship with Leia, and Lando gets some redemption.

I agree with this.

I certainly like the ending of Empire Strikes Back more than Return Of the Jedi.

the usual suspects
Gone Girl
watchmen
terminator 2
beautiful mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"