Best Sci-fi movie of the 21st century (so far)

What Sci-Fi movies do you guys think have best predicted the future?

Everywhere I go, it seems like everyone is saying Minority Report and The Matrix.

What Sci-Fi movies do you guys think have best predicted the future?

Everywhere I go, it seems like everyone is saying Minority Report and The Matrix.

Those are cynical depictions of the future. Star Trek is more hopeful.

Last edited:
Does anyone else besides me thinks that the best sci-fi is based in social commentary and is inspirational and is designed to make you think more clearly? If we are not careful this will happen, or are we evolved enough for this, or should we not be doing that? Should we be holding off doing this until were are more civilized or more evolved, are we ready?

I think the best sci-fi makes us question who we are and what we are doing as a species, and what do we want our future to be like! To dream of a more hopeful future, based on a wiser more evolved way of thinking. Sci-fi can be used to inspire us to dream for a better future, "Yes that's the future I want!" To much sic-fi today is cynical and negative.

This medium can be used to inspire others, as a grand motivator of what we want our future to be!! That's fun for me! So much of what sci-fi today is cynicism and what is being depicted is a hopeless future that is worse than it is today without a solution. I preferably don't want to waist my time on such hopeless thinking. It doesn't entertain me, if it did I'd be in trouble. So many confuse cynicism with wisdom when it's hopelessness and an attitude of giving up.

Great points man :up:. I agree 100% that sci fi is based on the things you mentioned and is also a chance to warn the masses for many concepts and dangers humanity faces as a whole, that otherwise they might have missed.

Prometheus is definitely up there, imo.

Best:
D9
Children of Men
Moon

Favorite:
Transformers
John Carter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads