Best...SEQUEL ever made so far?

My favorite sequel is Die Hard With A Vengeance
Especially since I met Sammy L and Bruce Willis during the filming

Daggard said:
Discounting strict trilogies like Matrix, LOTR & Star Wars of course.

We all know that 95% of sequels tend to suck, but over recent years they seem to have improved in quality and even - SHOCK - surpassed the original (as rare as it usually is).

I've included From Russia With Loved because it was the first sequel to a Bond film (and if you don't like it, you can take it up with my lawyer, B. Lowme. :))

So what's the best sequel ever made?

You HAVE to lump Godfather into the "doesn't count" category w/star wars, matrix, lotr, and so on b/c it's part of the original friggin' book!!!! Plus, it has such iconic status that you have to completely throw it out based on good merit. otherwise, movies like EmpireStrikesBack and Godfather 2 and Two Towers would win hands down every time...

....Terminator 2, that is the freakin' mother of all sequals!!! It stands the test of time and stills rates atop with my all time favorites!!!!

Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, T2, Spider-man 2, and X2 were all better than the first films........

Carter said:
My favorite sequel is Die Hard With A Vengeance
Especially since I met Sammy L and Bruce Willis during the filming

^Dude, that's pretty frigging cool.

Personally, after eliminating other awesome sequels such as Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan and Batman Returns, I'm torn between Die Hard With A Vengeance and X2: X-Men United.

...I'll say...

...Die Hard With A Vengeance.

I've watched this film so many times, it's unhealthy.

I went with X2.

The second Harry Potter, was, in my opinion, the worst of the films released so far. Painfully dull.

lol at X2 getting so many votes. This movie has approached overrated status quicker than Napoleon Dynamite.

i wouldnt vote for it if it was there, but i think spider-man 3 deserves a shout

khan.jpg

KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To vote X2 is just fanboy partisan. Especially with The Godfather PArt II on that list.

The Godfather part 2 is better than ANY of the ones you've mentioned.

You think popcorn sci-fi crap like X2 and Wrath of Khan will stand the test of time like the Godfather movies did?

The Godfather movies are the truly best movies ever made (Casablanca, my ass).

T2, Godfather II, TESB, Spider-Man 2......

Tough choices.

Empire Strikes Back
Terminator 2
Back To The Future Part II
Godfather II

The best sequels ever created IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members