Best Sports Movie

Reek

_____
Reaction score
thread title speak for itself...

some of these arent based on a specific sport, but have sport themes...for instance, Jerry Maguire is a drama, but is also based on greed in professional sports...

if you say other, please note which movie...

vote away...

Slap Shot or Miracle. Jerry Maguire is close but I would say one of those two hockey films.

For me its Slap Shot... hands down. IMO its also one of the funniest movie ever.

Some other favorites are:
Raging Bull
Major League
The Hustler
Mircle
King Pin

ahh i forgot to put major league in.. :( oh well theres an other choice.

Dodgeball.

Caddyshack! Just kidding :D

My favorites in order are:

Raging Bull
Rocky
Ali

Remember the Titans.

Slap Shot. Nothing can top it for funniest sports movie

The Narural. It was a beautifully shot film, brilliant acting, and the ending still gives me chills and a snifly nose.

I voted for "Rocky". But how is "Friday Night Lights" not on that list?

I voted for Hoosiers because (speaking as a white kid from a school of 250) it was so huge to me personally, though I'm sure there are better movies up there.

I voted for "Rocky". But how is "Friday Night Lights" not on that list?

friday night lights is a good story, but sucked.

i actually saw the top 20 on ESPN, put them in the poll, and added a couple of my favorites.

No love for The Replacements i loved that movie. Angels In The Outfield, A League Of Their Own. I voted Old Longest Yard.

theres a 25 choice limit on polls...and the ones that are listed are among the best according to Sports Ill. and ESPN.

Miracle. Damned fine movie about a great sport, and a great moment in sports history.

angels in the outfield damnit! :cmad:

followed by the Big Green Damnit! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"