• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Best Sports Movie

Reek

_____
Reaction score
thread title speak for itself...

some of these arent based on a specific sport, but have sport themes...for instance, Jerry Maguire is a drama, but is also based on greed in professional sports...

if you say other, please note which movie...

vote away...

Slap Shot or Miracle. Jerry Maguire is close but I would say one of those two hockey films.

For me its Slap Shot... hands down. IMO its also one of the funniest movie ever.

Some other favorites are:
Raging Bull
Major League
The Hustler
Mircle
King Pin

ahh i forgot to put major league in.. :( oh well theres an other choice.

Dodgeball.

Caddyshack! Just kidding :D

My favorites in order are:

Raging Bull
Rocky
Ali

Remember the Titans.

Slap Shot. Nothing can top it for funniest sports movie

The Narural. It was a beautifully shot film, brilliant acting, and the ending still gives me chills and a snifly nose.

I voted for "Rocky". But how is "Friday Night Lights" not on that list?

I voted for Hoosiers because (speaking as a white kid from a school of 250) it was so huge to me personally, though I'm sure there are better movies up there.

I voted for "Rocky". But how is "Friday Night Lights" not on that list?

friday night lights is a good story, but sucked.

i actually saw the top 20 on ESPN, put them in the poll, and added a couple of my favorites.

No love for The Replacements i loved that movie. Angels In The Outfield, A League Of Their Own. I voted Old Longest Yard.

theres a 25 choice limit on polls...and the ones that are listed are among the best according to Sports Ill. and ESPN.

Miracle. Damned fine movie about a great sport, and a great moment in sports history.

angels in the outfield damnit! :cmad:

followed by the Big Green Damnit! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"