The Dark Knight Rises Best Third Act in the Trilogy

TDKR is just missing that "YESSSS" moment in the final action sequence, just a moment where Batman does/says something and you just go "**** yeah!". BB had "I don't have to kill you..." and him gliding away from the train. TDK had (IMO) the moment where he kicks the SWAT members off the roof then grappling up to Joker, hell the whole SWAT bit was full of good moments.

TDKR just didn't have that moment. "THENNNN you have my permission to die." could have been one especially with the music that plays after but it is immediately squashed by Batman having a knife in him moments later. It just needed that one moment. Heck even people looking up and cheering as he carries the bomb away may have done it.

I agree, but the "YESSS.. and it count's" [a la Marv Albert] moment was supposed to be the "A Hero can be anyone" quip to Gordon...

so I'd have to go with TDKR edging out TDK like 81% to 80%

TDK
BB
TDKR

Whoever said that TDKR lacked that "F yeah! Batman moment was spot on. In BB, we had that badass "Suiting up" montage that felt like a callback to the original franchise. We had that "Its not who I am underneath" call back with Batman leaping off the roof straight afterwards, and we had Bats trick Ras. TDK has so many badass moments in the last act, that I wont even go into detail. TDKR didn't have any moment that made me excited for Bats. The closest was when Batman was dominating Bane, but that was kinda sullied by the rushed nature of their second battle, and the stab in the ribs. And Catwoman killing Bane.

TDKR, without a doubt. Followed by BB, then TDK.

TDK
BB
TDKR

Whoever said that TDKR lacked that "F yeah! Batman moment was spot on. In BB, we had that badass "Suiting up" montage that felt like a callback to the original franchise. We had that "Its not who I am underneath" call back with Batman leaping off the roof straight afterwards, and we had Bats trick Ras. TDK has so many badass moments in the last act, that I wont even go into detail. TDKR didn't have any moment that made me excited for Bats. The closest was when Batman was dominating Bane, but that was kinda sullied by the rushed nature of their second battle, and the stab in the ribs. And Catwoman killing Bane.

Am in total agreement with you on all the scenes you mentioned in BB - I still remember how pumped I felt watching all of them for the first time in the theater, even if the monorail plot itself did kind of seem like a run of the mill action movie climax. When I left the theater on opening day of TDKR I thought my biggest disappointment with the movie was due to a lack of scenes with Batman himself, but upon second viewing I think I narrowed it down to a combination of the final action sequence simply not being long enough, and more importantly, a lack of those "F yeah" moments that BB and TDK had plenty of.

The monorail sequence in BB is my second favorite battle sequence in the trilogy, second only to the Joker chase.

Have people forgotten? I saw it again recently and it's one of the best action scenes in film- period.

It starts out with Batman saving Rachel & the boy from knife wielding lunatics, then he jumps off the ledge, saying 'It's not who I am undernealth, but what I do, that defines me'...gliding down over Gotham like a flying demon.

Then he lands in front of Raz, fights 4 ninjas, gets mobbed by a mass of crazy people, he then shoots a grappling hook onto the monorail and flies behind it until he catches up with Raz again. And of course, there's the trick, with Gordon using the tumbler to knock out a piece of the track while Bruce is fighting with Raz. Then after he beats Raz, he flies off like some sort of supernatural entity....

The monorail sequence in BB is my second favorite battle sequence in the trilogy, second only to the Joker chase.

Have people forgotten? I saw it again recently and it's one of the best action scenes in film- period.

It starts out with Batman saving Rachel & the boy from knife wielding lunatics, then he jumps off the ledge, saying 'It's not who I am undernealth, but what I do, that defines me'...gliding down over Gotham like a flying demon.

Then he lands in front of Raz, fights 4 ninjas, gets mobbed by a mass of crazy people, he then shoots a grappling hook onto the monorail and flies behind it until he catches up with Raz again. And of course, there's the trick, with Gordon using the tumbler to knock out a piece of the track while Bruce is fighting with Raz. Then after he beats Raz, he flies off like some sort of supernatural entity....

The music from that final act in BB is epic. The best of the three movies IMO.

BB easily has the worst third act. I mean, it's not a train wreck, but when it compares to the first two acts, the third act is somewhat jarring.

It's definitely cliched but I wouldn't call it terrible. It makes sense in the narrative, with Bruce overcoming his twisted father figure who is symbolically using the monorail, which was built by Bruce's father as a means to help Gotham, to destroy the city. I agree that that film's best strength is in the lead-up to the climax, but that climax is made better from having such a strong beginning.

I think all films were weaker in the 3rd act than what preceded it.
But best 3rd act?

I would have to say TDKR.

1) TDKR - Pretty hard to top that.
2) BB- Great fight with Ras and the final scene is amazing. Could do without the annoying actors at the Water Authority.
3) TDK- Batman vs the Swat team was great but the final showdowns with the Joker and Two Face were both meh. And I've never been a fan of Batman taking the fall for Harveys crimes.

Batman taking down the mercs with poison tipped batarangs and then a flaming Bat symbol to show the city he's back isn't F Yeah enough? Ok then...

What was your F Yeah moment in TDK? Especially in the 3rd act.

TDK
BB
TDKR

I think it's fairly even between Rises and TDK. Rises is on a much larger scale and I love that but still feels a bit rushed like the final act to TDK. I'll give the edge to Rises. It's pretty damn exciting and pretty damn epic, even if it is a bit rushed. Begins definitely has the weakest third act of the 3. The third act of Begins has one of my favorite scenes which is the Ra's reveal. I love that moment and love the conversation between him and Bruce. Other than that, the rest of the third act is pretty weak and probably has one of the silliest doomsday device plots Ive ever seen.

Batmans return, with the "light it up" bat symbol burning on the bridge, and Bane's reaction "impossible..." is the biggest YEAAAH moment in the trilogy.

I think TDK and TDKR are tied for me because they both had moments where it was really quiet and you were in suspense on what was going to happen

TDK: "Oh s**t, is that civilian really going to blow up the other boat?" or "Oh s**t, is Dent really going to kill Gordon's son?"

TDKR: "Oh s**t, is Bruce going to make it to the ledge?" or "Oh s**t, is Batman going to escape the bomb or did he really sacrifice himself?"

Batmans return, with the "light it up" bat symbol burning on the bridge, and Bane's reaction "impossible..." is the biggest YEAAAH moment in the trilogy.

I think Bruce making the jump in the pit is one of the most **** YEAH! moments in the trilogy.

In my opinion, The Dark Knight Rises' third act was arguably the worst of the trilogy, but that does not mean it was bad. The [BLACKOUT]deaths of Talia and Bane were very poor and not dramatic at all.[/BLACKOUT] Everything after that was just lovely, the lines from Gordon, Selina, John Blake, and Bruce Wayne were all lovely. And we all saw Bruce Wayne final goal for Gotham and his own life accomplished.

Still, my favorite third act was The Dark Knight. I remember my heart was pounding like crazy during the SWAT scene and the Two-Face scene. I really thought Two-Face was going to shoot Gordon's kid.

Batman Begins' third act was standard but still awesome.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises

If not for the stabbing that followed, I would say that Bats beating Bane to a whimpering mess and then saying "and then you have my permission to die" is arguably the biggest 3rd act "**** yeah!" moment of the trilogy.

If not for the stabbing that followed, I would say that Bats beating Bane to a whimpering mess and then saying "and then you have my permission to die" is arguably the biggest 3rd act "**** yeah!" moment of the trilogy.

But there WAS a stabbing that followed :D no matter how much better you think it would be without it, it's there. Forever. And ever

But there WAS a stabbing that followed :D no matter how much better you think it would be without it, it's there. Forever. And ever

So that's why it's not. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"