The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises is in UK's top 10 favourite film soundtracks of all time

James H

Civilian
Reaction score
From the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/sound-of-cinema-vote-results.html

Here is the top 10:

1. Star Wars Main Theme (John Williams)
  2. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (Ennio Morricone, arr. David Arnold)
  3. West Side Story (Leonard Bernstein)
  4. Lawrence Of Arabia Main Theme (Maurice Jarre)
  5. Vertigo (Bernard Herrmann)
  6. The Third Man (Anton Karas arr. Cox)
  7. Dark Knight Rises Suite (Hans Zimmer)
  8. Grease (various)
  9. Sound Of Music (Richard Rogers/Oscar Hammerstein II)
  10. Apocalypse Now (Wagner)
In very impressive company there.

Some of my favourite tracks from The Dark Knight Rises:

- Why do we fall?
- Gotham's Reckoning
- Risen From Darkness
- Imagine the Fire
- Rise

Of course the Deshi Basara chant when Bruce is climbing out of the pit as the bats fly out is now iconic, as is the music in the final scene of The Dark Knight Rises. What are some of your favourite tracks from The Dark Knight Rises?

It sorta sticks like a sore thumb in that list :woot:

I think BB music is vastly superior. Its actually one of the best blockbusters soundtracks ever. No doubt.

About Rises. Bane's motif is pretty cool sure. Wayne Manor suite also pretty strong.

I think my absolute favorite might be something that wasn't in the movie at all. The bonus track "The Shadows Betray You", which is basically like a more subdued version of Imagine The Fire.

[YT]Int25_Qbwa8 [/YT]

Simply amazing.

Last edited:
Ugh. Doesn't deserve to be on that list at all.

It's in strange company there for sure, but hey, it was voted to its spot. Hopefully someone will rip the BBC orchestra's performance. I'm not entirely sure what cue or cues they mean by "Suite".

But if any Zimmer Batman film was gonna make a list like that, I'm glad it's Rises. I seem to be in the minority but I think it's head and shoulders above the previous two scores. I'm STILL listening to it on a regular basis.

It does recycle/reprise a lot, yeah, and that's to be expected in a threequel. But there was also a wealth of new material, and all of that stuff felt like it was on another level to me.

PS- For anyone interested, check out my rock/metal meets orchestral custom suite I did of various TDKT themes with an emphasis on TDKR material in my sig below.

Last edited:
Rises is definitely my favorite of the three. I love it

I enjoy the militaristic touches to the score. It's great background music.

I enjoy the militaristic touches to the score. It's great background music.

Yeah no doubt. Yesterday i went to listen to it a couple of times , and there-s a militaristic badassery all over it.

BB is still better. But i enjoyed it more than i remembered it.

If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Begins, mainly for the James Newton Howard material. His contributions lessened quite a bit after that which made for scores that certainly fit the movies but aren't as good as a standalone listening experience, at least for me.

Kobe Bryant tweet:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
Gotham's Reckoning #zimmer #muse

His twitter account: https://twitter.com/kobebryant

Got almost 12,000 retweets. And now all youtube videos of "Gotham's Reckoning" have a gazillion comments about Kobe...

For some reason, I find it weird that someone of Kobe Bryant's stature knows the name of and listens to "Gotham's Reckoning". I have an image in my head of Kobe Bryant sat at home on his computer looking up The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack on Wikipedia....scrolling through the names of the tracks....then typing the name of the soundtracks into youtube....

That's pretty hilarious.

I do find that Zimmer's Batman scores make incredible workout music, so I'm not surprised that an athlete like Kobe listens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"