The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread's gonna get closed again, lol.

If it does, someone can make a thread called THE DARK KNIGHT RISES INFO HUNTERS THREAD RISES.

I'm iffy on why people would think this would be based on the overall storyline of PREY. Hugo Strange trying to figure out who Batman is is part of the story. Hugo Strange profiling Batman is only part of PREY. The current creative team didn't adapt YEAR ONE, THE LONG HALLOWEE, DARK VICTORY, THE KILLING JOKE or much the 70's run on Batman, but they did take elements from them. I wouldn't expect to see the movie actually based on one story the third time around. I would expect to see a few elements from PREY, things like Strange as a Batman profiler, and trying to usurp the role, Catwoman's involvement, Batman being hunted, and then a completely new story, or at least a story with elements of the storyline where Strange imprisons Bruce Wayne from the 70's, etc.
There's the truth of it.

And he desperately needs to go back to that, since his recent movie (mostly comedy) choices have been horrid.

World's Greatest Dad was pretty good. It mixed black comedy with a surprising amount of subtle interpersonal drama fairly well. Plus, Robin Williams is fantastic in the film.

People give Nolan too much credit on this front. He casts whoever is best for the role, whether they were expected or not.

Christian Bale was the fan favorite, and he happened to be the best man for the job.

I fully realize Nolan casts who he thinks is best for the role, but based on speculation, who he thinks is best for the role is usually not what other people conjure up prior to casting.

Heath Ledger was a surprise to pretty much everyone who thought The Joker was going to be either Lachy Hulme or Paul Bettany or Christopher Eccleston (who was also highly rumored for the Scarecrow, a part that eventually went to Cillian Murphy, against expectations) or whomever else was rumored at the time (i.e. pretty much every actor alive).

I've stopped trying to cast roles. There are just dozens and dozens of actors out there, and I can only think of four to five of them at any given time. It just seems like a pointless endeavor to me now. I love discussing rumors and actual casting, but I loathe fan casting these days.

I've stopped trying to cast roles. There are just dozens and dozens of actors out there, and I can only think of four to five of them at any given time. It just seems like a pointless endeavor to me now. I love discussing rumors and actual casting, but I loathe fan casting these days.
Michael Fassbender for Batman.

You know you want it :o.

World's Greatest Dad was pretty good. It mixed black comedy with a surprising amount of subtle interpersonal drama fairly well. Plus, Robin Williams is fantastic in the film.

Haven't checked that particular one, but I hate the rest of them.

The Night Scourge stuff in Prey was kind of lame.

Viggo Mortensen or Robin Williams would be solid choices as Hugo Strange also!

Matter of fact if Nolan and Emma can snag Hardy, Viggo, Williams, and Cotillard or Weisz to be in this Batman 3 film.....

I will officially worship them forever!! :word: LOL

That's what I said. I'm hoping to see Floyd Lawton as the officer in charge of the task-force.

Yeah, that would be the way to go.

The task force would basically be Strange (the criminologist), Gordon, Lawton and Essen.

With Gordon and Essen trying to sabotage what Strange is trying to do, but they would not have an idea of Lawtons' hidden agenda and alliance with Strange. There would be no affair between Gordon and Essen either.

Catwoman would be the wild card who is more of a Batman ally, but does things her own way of course.

It was in reference to a recent post by Jett on BOF that the villain for RISES would be a villain not seen in a live action film before.

I´m sure about that...
They won´t include any villain used before. :yay:

I´m sure about that...
They won´t include any villain used before. :yay:
Both of the villains in the last movie were villains that had been used before, so I wouldn't feel too sure about that. We'll probably see a new one, but also one that's been in a movie before.

That statement by Jett is just like everything else circulating right now - a rumor.

And you can only dismiss characters based on facts, not rumors.

Last edited:
Daniel Day Lewis would be the perfect Hugo Strange

He doesn't do superhero movies. I remember reading an interview where he was like "I don't do superhero movies but it was good for Heath to do it, he was good in it …".
He's a great actor, but the way he said this, makes me think he's certainly a jerk.

He turned down Aragorn in LOTR, because that was too populist, which was a crying shame. In general, he seems eager to ensure that he and his career are forgotten as soon as possible.

He doesn't do superhero movies. I remember reading an interview where he was like "I don't do superhero movies but it was good for Heath to do it, he was good in it …".
He's a great actor, but the way he said this, makes me think he's certainly a jerk.

I don't get jerk vibes from that statement, quite the contrary. A jerk is someone who'd say "I don't do sh movies, and Heath is gonna ruin his career for doing this".

I don't get jerk vibes from that statement, quite the contrary. A jerk is someone who'd say "I don't do sh movies, and Heath is gonna ruin his career for doing this".

English is not my first language so I have difficulty finding my words, but what he said was like "I'm too good for superhero movies but other actors (who are not as good as me) can do it". Then he tried not to sound too much like a jerk by saying "but Heath was great on TDK".

No, it's just not his cup of tea. Doesn't interest him. He treats his acting as an art. He wants to get mind, body, and soul into a role. Maybe a superhero role doesn't do that or it just plain doesn't interest him.

I would say that a role like The Joker is one of a very few that really does reward every expense of mind, body and soul.

Here is the actual interview:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/12/2...erest-in-starring-in-a-hollywood-blockbuster/

It's not so much being averse to a particular genre, it's what it has to offer that doesn't really interest DDL. He's method to the core, so he wouldn't like to put so much effort in a role he wasn't sure he'd take great joy in performing. He even points out Joker is one of those rarities that probably would have been along the lines of what he has in mind.

English is not my first language so I have difficulty finding my words, but what he said was like "I'm too good for superhero movies but other actors (who are not as good as me) can do it". Then he tried not to sound too much like a jerk by saying "but Heath was great on TDK".

I see. No, what he said was that sh movies were not his cup of tea, but thought Heath made a good choice to go for the Joker part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"